Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting Here (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Flying into Laconia (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19290)

JonLevis 06-03-2015 07:56 AM

Flying into Laconia

I would LOVE to take a flight from Norwood, MA to Laconia rather than sit in traffic! Anyone know of anybody that does that trip?

ishoot308 06-03-2015 08:37 AM

Emerson

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonLevis (Post 246071)
I would LOVE to take a flight from Norwood, MA to Laconia rather than sit in traffic! Anyone know of anybody that does that trip?

I would contact Linda or Dave Emerson at Emerson Aviation. http://www.emersonaviation.com/

I am currently taking flying / private pilot lessons from them and they offer all kinds of other services as well including charters. If they don't do it, they will know who does...

Dan

Phantom 06-03-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonLevis (Post 246071)

Pick me up at either Stow or Marlboro airports on your way, we can "plane pool" :D

AC2717 06-03-2015 09:46 AM

im in at stow or Marlboro as well, I live in maynard

Phantom 06-03-2015 09:50 AM

JonLevis .... Pool is growing !

I would like to be presumptuous and request a consistent 2:45p departure EVERY Friday through Columbus Day, with return Flight leaving LRH @ 7:30p Sundays

Do you think you can arrange ?

:laugh: :D :emb: :cool:

AC2717 06-03-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 246087)
JonLevis .... Pool is growing !

I would like to be presumptuous and request a consistent 2:45p departure EVERY Friday through Columbus Day, with return Flight leaving LRH @ 7:30p Sundays

Do you think you can arrange ?

:laugh: :D :emb: :cool:

I would need a 5:30 out of Stow on Fridays

Phantom 06-03-2015 11:13 AM

AC -

Bad Attitude ~~ :D

Here's how it's done - ya take 2.5 hours of PTO every Friday during Season (16 weeks = 1 weeks vacation time) ..... leave work at 2:30p ..... 15 minutes to skeedadle to Stow and Voila' !!

JonLevis 06-03-2015 11:25 AM

If this keeps up we can pool our money and buy our own plane!!!!

AC2717 06-03-2015 12:02 PM

no PTO here half days and full days, or I would be right beside you in the plane at 1430 hours

Phantom 06-03-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonLevis (Post 246098)
If this keeps up we can pool our money and buy our own plane!!!!

Too much pre / post flight nonsense to contend with ......... I just want to hitch a ride and avoid Routes 495 & 3 on a Friday :D

8gv 06-03-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 246105)
Too much pre / post flight nonsense to contend with ......... I just want to hitch a ride and avoid Routes 495 & 3 on a Friday :D

When a pilot tells you how quickly he can get to the lake there is a little info. left out:

Get preflight wx briefing
Drive to airport
Open hangar
Pull out plane
Call for fuel
Preflight inspection
Pay for fuel
Close hangar
Get clearance
Taxi
Take off

THIS STARTS THE CLOCK ON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET THERE

Land (thus stopping the clock)
Taxi
Park
Tie down plane
Get ground transportation

So for me, from Barnes (Westfield MA) to Laconia takes only about an hour.

Add in all the other stuff it's more like two!

AC2717 06-03-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 246111)
When a pilot tells you how quickly he can get to the lake there is a little info. left out:

Get preflight wx briefing
Drive to airport
Open hangar
Pull out plane
Call for fuel
Preflight inspection
Pay for fuel
Close hangar
Get clearance
Taxi
Take off

THIS STARTS THE CLOCK ON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET THERE

Land (thus stopping the clock)
Taxi
Park
Tie down plane
Get ground transportation

So for me, from Barnes (Westfield MA) to Laconia takes only about an hour.

Add in all the other stuff it's more like two!

all important, but I just need to show up to board and take off, not that stuff:laugh:

LIforrelaxin 06-03-2015 02:43 PM

Well if you have waterfront property what you really want is a sea plane... that is the ticket...

Dreaming Aside... The problem I see is that you are all leaving too early on Friday.. I should not be saying this out loud but here is what I do...

I work a full day on Friday, go home have dinner and then head to the lake after dinner... Guess what No Traffic!!!!!... probably get to the lake region at the same time as everyone that tries to leave and head up from work...

I probably leave Franklin Ma. at about 6:30... and am on the dock no later the 9:00 P.M. consistently.

I have learned that this makes for a more enjoyable trip... Now if word of this gets out, more people are going to do it (in which case I will switch back to leaving for work)... but it works for me.

AC2717 06-03-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 246120)
Well if you have waterfront property what you really want is a sea plane... that is the ticket...

Dreaming Aside... The problem I see is that you are all leaving too early on Friday.. I should not be saying this out loud but here is what I do...

I work a full day on Friday, go home have dinner and then head to the lake after dinner... Guess what No Traffic!!!!!... probably get to the lake region at the same time as everyone that tries to leave and head up from work...

I probably leave Franklin Ma. at about 6:30... and am on the dock no later the 9:00 P.M. consistently.

I have learned that this makes for a more enjoyable trip... Now if word of this gets out, more people are going to do it (in which case I will switch back to leaving for work)... but it works for me.

Shhhh... I do the same thing most summer nights and head to work right from the lake Monday morning

Pineedles 06-03-2015 03:53 PM

Yes the seaplane route is the way to go. We had a neighbor years ago who lived in Wayland, MA. Landed on his ramp in CH 6PM every Friday, left 7AM Monday all summer for years. He did have a problem landing once in Center Harbor and wound up ditching into the water recycling plant area one time.

Pine Island Guy 06-04-2015 11:58 AM

if i had an extra $200k...

check this commuter plane out!!

ICON A5

-PIG

PaugusBayFireFighter 06-04-2015 12:31 PM

When I lived in Dracut Mass., years ago, my father in law had a sea plane that he docked on Long Pond. The wife and kids would drive up to the camp on Thursday while my FIL and I worked through half of Friday. After work we would drive over to the plane and take off for the lake. Looking down at the traffic was always fun. Landing safely was even better!

AC2717 06-04-2015 12:32 PM

awesome
I am right there with ya

8gv 06-04-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine Island Guy (Post 246172)
check this commuter plane out!!

ICON A5

-PIG

It's a little like a car boat...doing two things but not so well at either.

fatlazyless 06-08-2015 04:26 PM

.... never again airways?

An airline like http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nor...ional_Airlines will never, ever, ever be flying a scheduled passenger service to Laconia Airport due to not enough passenger-customers, and the cost of airport security needed to support a commercial passenger service.

Laconia Airport sure seems like a good spot for a skydiving business!

Ryan 06-12-2015 08:56 AM

I'm in.

Any chance you can stop at Mansfield or Taunton?

AC2717 06-12-2015 09:04 AM

no sorry
no going backwards lol