Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   ForumFest VI (2009) (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   R.S.V.P. to ForumFest VI (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7712)

Rattlesnake Gal 05-19-2009 10:15 AM

R.S.V.P. to ForumFest VI

Will you be attending ForumFest VI?

Please R.S.V.P. here in this thread by August 15th.

Thanks!

Hope to see you there!

Signed up so far:

WeirsBeachBoater – 1
Janet – 3
Sunset Bob – 1
Skip - 1
Merrymeeting – 1
DRH & Quilt Lady – 2
Meredith Lady & Guest – 2
Rattlesnake Guy & Gal – 2
Island Girl & Island Guest – 2
Hermit Cover & Mrs. Hermit Cover - 2
Mac & maybe Mee - 1 (possibly 2)
Lakegeezer - 2 (possibly 7)
Pineedles - 2
Webmaster & The Webmaster Family - 4
riverat - 10!
Dave 35 & Mrs. Dave 35 - 2
Grant - 1?
Flyguy - 1?
Winni-Retired - 4
IslandSib & Guest - 2
Moss Creek Media - 1
Cindy Davis - 2?
Carbone Productions - 1?
DBA & AIRBOAT GUY - 2
Bizer – 1?
Just Sold & Guest - 2
Alby Abrevaya - 3
acanthus - 3
Water Camper & Sue - 2
Skipper of the Sea Que & Linda - 2

WeirsBeachBoater 05-19-2009 10:34 AM

You know I will be there.

ghfromaltonbay 05-19-2009 11:24 AM

Sorry, can't make that date.

Oh well, maybe next year.

callmeD 05-19-2009 11:28 AM

No, sorry I cannot attend. I was hoping it would not conflict with any other commitments I have, but that is the weekend of the Timberman, and I have volunteered to do massage for both days.

I am sure it will be a wonderful time - the weather is supposed to be perfect! ;)

Janet 05-19-2009 12:58 PM

I'll be able to attend this year, yea, first timer and will have a total of 3 in my party. Look forward to meeting you all.

Skip 05-19-2009 02:54 PM

Add one more...

Count me in!

Heck, I'll even pay for FLL if he can pry himself away from his lawnchair for a few hours....:D

By the way, will the bar be open? Mee-n-Mac owes me a frosty tall one, or at least a 12 oz. cold can....:)

Sunset Bob 05-19-2009 05:19 PM

Count Me In

Count me in.:) With my boat down this may be my only photo op and cruise on the lake this year.:(

Merrymeeting 05-19-2009 08:51 PM

Despite being a strong proponent of FF in the past, I've actually only been able to join the FF I, and that was very late in the evening. I think I'll actually be able to make it this year!

In the past, my problem was that it was always scheduled on the same day as a BC football game, and I actually "work" at the games so I'm obligated to attend (yes, it's really tough! :laugh: )

DRH 05-19-2009 09:21 PM

Add Two More!

Quilt Lady and I will be there! Looking forward to it.

Meredith lady 05-20-2009 03:29 AM

count me in

I'll be there-count me in. Can't wait!

Rattlesnake Guy 05-21-2009 05:28 PM

My wife and I will be there. RG and RG

(Like I have a choice...;))

Island Girl 05-22-2009 05:51 AM

I will be there

And I will bring a guest.

Meredith lady 05-22-2009 09:09 AM

If I may...

I may bring a guest, if that's ok!

Rattlesnake Gal 05-22-2009 10:20 AM

No Problem!

Of course it is okay to bring a guest! If that changes as we get closer, just let me know.

WinnDixie 05-22-2009 08:21 PM

So close

To think I will be in the Lakes Region early in Aug., and will miss this by only a couple of weeks. I'd have been there if I could...would have loved to meet "y'all"!! Maybe I can leave a contribution when I go on the Mount (?),which I certainly hope to do...I think you've picked a great charity. I'll be back down south by the 22nd., but will look forward to the pictures and reports of it all.

Hermit Cover 05-22-2009 09:29 PM

Super....

Weeee can't wait....but we will. Hermit Cover and Mrs. HC will be there...what can we do...? :)

Mee-n-Mac 05-23-2009 02:01 PM

Add another one

I will be there, not too sure about "Mee" at the moment. Assuming we get enough to sign up ahead of time, will "walk ins" be allowed ?

(I promise no piercings)

Rattlesnake Gal 05-26-2009 09:28 AM

Please sign up if you can!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac (Post 95308)
I will be there, not too sure about "Mee" at the moment. Assuming we get enough to sign up ahead of time, will "walk ins" be allowed ?

Hopefully we will get a lot of Forum members to sign up ahead of time! Some "walk ins" will be acceptable. I will have a certain number of tickets on my person with some extra. Having to track down more tickets at the last minute could be difficult and more important, too time consuming. It would be wonderful if this part of FF could go smoothly for us. I will be checking PM's and e-mails before leaving the island, so if you can make it last minute, drop me a line before 9:00 am.

I will continue to update the attendance list at the top of this thread and will occasionally post an update in the thread itself.

Signed up so far: 65?! With a few more that haven't yet posted here.

WeirsBeachBoater – 1
Janet – 3
Sunset Bob – 1
Skip - 1
Merrymeeting – 1
DRH & Quilt Lady – 2
Pineedles - 2
riverat - 10!
Grant - 1?
Flyguy - 1?
Winni-Retired - 4
IslandSib & Guest - 2
Moss Creek Media - 1
Cindy Davis - 2?
Carbone Productions - 1?
DBA & AIRBOAT GUY - 2
Bizer – 1?
Just Sold & Guest - 2
Alby Abrevaya - 3
acanthus - 3
Water Camper & Sue - 2

Lakegeezer 05-26-2009 10:08 AM

Count me in for two and possibly 5 already scheduled weekend guests (two adults and three kids). My Webcams will be available for those that can't attend, assuming I can get Internet connectivity on the ship.

Pineedles 05-26-2009 01:42 PM

Me too

Or should I say me two? Whichever, I'll be on board for 2 tickets please.:D

webmaster 05-27-2009 10:40 AM

Four from the Webmaster family will be attending. I've received at least 10 emails from people (mostly non-members) asking about buying tickets and advanced sales. None of them appear on the list.

Rattlesnake Gal 05-28-2009 06:09 PM

RSVP & Pre-selling

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 95663)
Four from the Webmaster family will be attending. I've received at least 10 emails from people (mostly non-members) asking about buying tickets and advanced sales. None of them appear on the list.

Should I move the RSVP date closer to August 22nd?
I do understand why some people may not want to commit this far in advance and sign up now. Hopefully the attendee list will continue to grow as time goes by.

Why pre-sell the tickets? If people are attending ForumFest, it does not seem necessary to give out tickets ahead of time.

The committee warned me about pre-selling raffle tickets, which sounds pretty much the same as pre-selling the cruise tickets. It gets complicated and can be time consuming. They do not recommend it.

Non-members should take this as a push to join our Forum family! :D Winnipesaukee.com is a fun and educational place to hang out with the added benefit of being with people who love Lake Winnipesaukee.
Come join and join the party!

Does anyone have feedback?

Thanks!
RG

webmaster 05-28-2009 06:37 PM

All good points RG. I think the people who are asking me may be thinking of coming and just wanted to secure their place with a ticket or reservation. As long as they are reassured that there will be plenty of space that should be just as good, and less complicated.

Rattlesnake Gal 05-28-2009 07:01 PM

Attendee List

The M/S Mount Washington holds 1250 people, so there is plenty of room for everyone. Adding your name to this list essentially is your reservation.

WinnDixie 05-28-2009 07:43 PM

Hello RG

Rattlesnake Girl, I've sent you a PM..only my second one ever...so hope it actually got there!

Rattlesnake Gal 05-28-2009 10:24 PM

Got it!

You did just fine! Thanks WinnDixie! It is always good to step out of ones comfort zone and try something new. ;) It's good for the soul.
RG

Meredith lady 05-29-2009 01:53 AM

pre-sales for Fest

I totally agree, RG-by adding your name to this list-that is your reservation. Pre-sales (including mailing/dropping off/picking up) is just too much like work! Enjoy your weekend!

riverat 06-01-2009 08:20 PM

Sounds Great!

Count me in for atleast 3 and maybe 5 I will let you know for sure later

Dave 35 06-02-2009 10:24 AM

Forum Fest VI

Please add Dave 35 and Mrs. Dave 35 to the list!

SteveA 06-03-2009 05:03 PM

Same for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by callmeD (Post 95006)
No, sorry I cannot attend. I was hoping it would not conflict with any other commitments I have, but that is the weekend of the Timberman, and I have volunteered to do massage for both days.

I am sure it will be a wonderful time - the weather is supposed to be perfect! ;)

I missed the date, thank you to CallmeD. :D

I will also be tied up both days that weekend with Timberman.
I hate to miss it, but I'm the "boat guy" that sets the swim course markers for both Saturday and Sunday.

Rattlesnake Gal 06-04-2009 01:09 PM

Sorry, We'll Miss You!

SteveA., I'm sorry that you and callmeD cannot attend this year's FF. The gang will miss your delicious chili.

Good luck with your duties at Timberman!

Grant 06-04-2009 01:36 PM

Cool...FF actually coincides with one of my trips up to the Lake this year, so I am going to give a tentative "Ay-yuh" for the RSVP.

It's gonna be a rough trip. The night before (21st) my daughter plays her first game for the Penn State Nittany Lions soccer team (vs. Univ. of Virginia, for those who care). The 7 pm game in State College, PA, will end some time around 9:30, at which time I will depart solo for the Lake -- to retrieve my youngest from camp the next morning.

Once the pandora's box that is a 14 year-old's camp trunk is unpacked, fumigated, and contents washed and/or burned, I will try to make the trek to Weirs for boarding.

The things we go through for kids...

Rattlesnake Gal 06-05-2009 09:06 AM

Super!

I sure hope you can make it Grant! It's been a long time coming! :laugh:

Have you stopped in to look at ForumFest – How the Tradition Began?

Signed up so far: 65? With a few more that haven't yet posted here.

WeirsBeachBoater – 1
Janet – 3
Sunset Bob – 1
Skip - 1
Merrymeeting – 1
DRH & Quilt Lady – 2
Pineedles - 2
riverat - 10!
Grant - 1?
Flyguy - 1?
Winni-Retired - 4
IslandSib & Guest - 2
Moss Creek Media - 1
Cindy Davis - 2?
Carbone Productions - 1?
DBA & AIRBOAT GUY - 2
Bizer - 1?
Just Sold & Guest - 2
Alby Abrevaya - 3
acanthus - 3
Water Camper & Sue - 2

IslandSib 06-28-2009 07:48 AM

Forumfest VI

Hi there,
Please count me in and a guest is a possibility.

riverat 07-06-2009 08:22 AM

Definetely will be six(6) of us, cannot wait!
Riverat

Moss Creek Media 07-09-2009 07:40 AM

I'll definitely be there! Count me in!

Kirk

DBA 07-14-2009 07:42 AM

DBA and AIRBOAT GUY

We want to thank everyone who is making this possible! Please add our names to the list.
Thank you all,
DBA and AIRBOAT GUY

Rattlesnake Gal 07-14-2009 09:04 AM

Buying Tickets for ForumFest VI

There has been a change in the location of where to buy tickets - When you get on board, go to the Steamboat Lounge where Winnipesaukee.com will be gathering. You will purchase the tickets as you sign in for ForumFest VI. The tickets will be taken as we disembark from the Mount on our return to the Weirs Pier.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Bizer 07-19-2009 09:46 AM

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Just Sold 07-19-2009 01:09 PM

Barring any acts of nature or other calamities :eek: I'll be there with a guest. :D

Alby Abrevaya 07-27-2009 09:27 PM

Alby Abrevaya, LaDonna Abrevaya, AJ Abrevaya will attend

Hi Rattlesnake Gal; this sounds like fun. It will be nice to meet the folks that contribute to winni.com. Count us in. ALBY " Pictures Are My Pleasure ":)

riverat 07-28-2009 05:51 AM

I promise this is it! Put me down for 10, if I can just stop bragging about it to my friends:)

acanthus 08-04-2009 11:43 AM

Forum Fest

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Please put me down for 3 people.

GrandmaBig6 08-06-2009 03:34 PM

Not this year

My husband and I will not be able to join this year.

We are coming up from Long Island, NY on the 22nd and won't arrive by the time the cruise shoves off.

We wish you the best of luck and success on this years Fest.

Mary (and Frank)

Water Camper 08-12-2009 05:54 PM

ForumFest VI

Sue and I will be attending ForumFest VI.

Have hoped to meet you folks for years.

Thank You,
Bill Poulin

Skipper of the Sea Que 08-13-2009 09:04 AM

Planning to be there

I am sure going to try to be at the Forum Fest. My wife Linda will accompany me.

I don't believe that the Mount is very handicapped friendly but I am not sure. I did send them e-mail asking about accessibility but have not received a response yet.

The Mount leaves the dock at 12:30 PM so I have to plan to get there earlier to park and get on board. How early can we get on the Mount? I don't want to arrive at 12:30 and watch the boat pulling away from the dock :mad:

Thanks to RG and all for coordinating and all that is necessary to put this together - you are all awesome!

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Rattlesnake Gal 08-14-2009 02:05 PM

FF Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipper of the Sea Que (Post 103062)
I am sure going to try to be at the Forum Fest. My wife Linda will accompany me.

Fantastic! We are looking forward to seeing you both.

Quote:

I don't believe that the Mount is very handicapped friendly but I am not sure. I did send them e-mail asking about accessibility but have not received a response yet.

The Mount leaves the dock at 12:30 PM so I have to plan to get there earlier to park and get on board. How early can we get on the Mount? I don't want to arrive at 12:30 and watch the boat pulling away from the dock :mad:

I put in a call today to the Director of Sales asking your questions. I'll let you know what he says.

Quote:

I look forward to seeing you all there.

We look forward to seeing you too! I hope we have a beautiful day for ForumFest. :D

Rattlesnake Gal 08-14-2009 02:10 PM

Current Attendee List

Signed up so far: 70? With a few more that haven't yet posted here.

WeirsBeachBoater – 1
Janet – 5
Sunset Bob – 1
Skip - 1
Merrymeeting – 1
DRH & Quilt Lady – 2
Pineedles - 2
riverat - 10!
Grant - 1?
Flyguy - 1?
Winni-Retired - 4
IslandSib & Guest - 2
Moss Creek Media - 1
Cindy Davis - 2?
Carbone Productions - 1?
DBA & AIRBOAT GUY - 2
Bizer - 1?
Just Sold & Guest - 2
Alby Abrevaya - 3
acanthus - 3
Water Camper & Sue - 2
mneck1814 - 3

I wonder how many Forum members have missed the fact that we are having another ForumFest?

Just Sold 08-14-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 103195)
Signed up so far: 65? With a few more that haven't yet posted here.

I wonder how many Forum members have missed the fact that we are having another ForumFest?

Hey Acres PS, Bear Islander, Misty Blue CanisLupusArtos, Hazenut and a few other why haven't you signed up. I know that I and a few others would like to see you there.

Janet 08-14-2009 04:21 PM

I'd like to see FatLazyLess!

DRH 08-14-2009 07:54 PM

Fll

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 103203)
I'd like to see FatLazyLess!

You might be surprised, Janet. He's not fat at all!!

mneck1814 08-15-2009 05:03 PM

There will be 3 in my group and maybe a 4th.

Bear Islander 08-16-2009 01:11 PM

Sorry, house guests that weekend.

Tell the captain to swing by my place. Jim might be on that day. He is from Bear Island.

Janet 08-16-2009 03:28 PM

Need to add 2 more people to my RSVP - total of 5 coming. Can't wait!

Redwing 08-17-2009 11:49 AM

Would that we could!

Our son was recently engaged, and his fiancee's parents will be at the lake this coming weekend from Minnesota. We will be having a lobster fest at our cottage on Saturday evening to "meet the in-laws". We'll be thinking of everyone enjoying the Forum Fest! Wish we could be in two places at once!

Rattlesnake Gal 08-17-2009 05:11 PM

Boarding Time

Quote:

Al,
See PM for access details.
RG

All,
We can board around 12:00 pm after the passengers disembark from the first cruise of the day. Our ship leaves the pier at 12:30 pm.
RG

NHKathy 08-18-2009 08:52 AM

Wish we could go....

Was so hoping to finally attend a Forum Fest - but again I can not :(
Was hoping to make a weekend out of it and stay at my inlaws place, but they have visitors this weekend... Thought it was a great idea this year with the Mount too! So, will there be a webcam set up so I can feel like im there?

chipj29 08-18-2009 10:54 AM

I will not be able to make it. My son has a football game in Gilford that morning. After that we are visiting friends on the lake, and then a BBQ. Have fun!

SIKSUKR 08-18-2009 01:33 PM

Waaa waaa

I've been waiting and hoping but it's not in the cards with my final weekend(yes!) of working this year falling that day.I was lucky to meet many members last year but was hoping to meet some new faces like our resident legal expert Skip.FLL,APS,BI....jump on board.These fests have a way of smoothing over disagreements.Wish I could be there.Hope everybody has a Winnifull time!

ApS 08-18-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Sold (Post 103200)
Hey Acres...why haven't you signed up. I know that I and a few others would like to see you there.

I'd already canceled out and just visited this thread today. I have a raffle item to donate, and that has to appear in another thread which I'm heading to right now. (But Thanks). Wanna pick it up for me? :D

sa meredith 08-19-2009 07:43 AM

30/70

Been holding out on responding here, as I have been wanting to make FF for the last two years, to meet all the people who have been such a great help to me, answering questions as I learned the area, and how to boat properly.

Although I have met three forum members (two strictly by chance), there are many others I have exchanged PMs with, and would love to put a face to a screen name. However, it does not look like it is in the cards.
The business I work for is closing in 8 days, and I thought sneaking away on Saturday would work, but the odds are about 30/70, against.
So I guess it will be a "game time" decision for me. Still hoping to be a last minute walk on.

Yanks/Sox at Giuseppe's Friday night is happening though, so if anyone is in that area between 7/9, stop in and try to find me. It won't be hard...I'm a pretty big Sox fan.

lil bear 08-22-2009 03:44 AM

Unexpected change of plans

I hope to attend Saturday given this last minute change of plans. Heading north. I look forward to meeting everyone and associating faces with those sometimes cryptic user names!

sa meredith 08-22-2009 08:33 AM

best wishes

I hope the weather cooperates today, for all of those attending FF.
Here's wishing everyone a great/safe time.