Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Septic Pumping (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23378)

bigdog 06-04-2018 09:16 PM

Septic Pumping

Just purchased home in Lakes region, which has a septic system.

Any recommendations of companies that pump out septic tanks ?
Also, ballpark price to do this, it's a 1500 gal tank.

DBreskin 06-04-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 295558)

I use DJ Septic in Wolfeboro. I think it was about $220 for my 1000 gallon tank.

TheProfessor 06-05-2018 04:41 AM

Lamprey.
Been around forever.

LINK

Make sure to get single ply tissue paper.

Read up on what goes down any/all drains.

gravy boat 06-05-2018 05:21 AM

Septic pumping

Highly recommend Byron's - believe in Andover and serves the Lakes Region. We pay $200 for 1,000 gallon tank.

upthesaukee 06-05-2018 07:36 AM

Gosse Septic

Gosse Septic , Barnstead

735-4414

Dave

DesertDweller 06-05-2018 10:05 AM

We use Lamprey. We have a 1,250/500 tank and it runs around $350 to have it pumped.

Woody38 06-05-2018 11:29 AM

We had a problem when we lived on Cape Cod. Turned out t had a title 5 system and after pumping out we were told to use Rid-X. Have used Rid-x faithfully since and have never had to pump another tank. Do not put any bleach down the drain and that goes for the Bubbles Bathroom cleaner. Also don't put other items down the toilet except TP. Doesn't matter how many plys it contains.

LIforrelaxin 06-05-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 295590)
We had a problem when we lived on Cape Cod. Turned out t had a title 5 system and after pumping out we were told to use Rid-X. Have used Rid-x faithfully since and have never had to pump another tank. Do not put any bleach down the drain and that goes for the Bubbles Bathroom cleaner. Also don't put other items down the toilet except TP. Doesn't matter how many plys it contains.

Even with Rid-X you should be periodically pumping your tank. While Rid-X will help keep the tank healthy it doesn't help stop the build up of sludge at the bottom of the Tank.... eventually to much will build up, and your tank will have to get pumped or worse you will have to replace it....

Dave M 06-05-2018 01:27 PM

Maple Ridge

Has anybody used Maple Ridge out of Sandwich.

Dave M

Charlie T 06-05-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 295558)

It would seem to me that would be information I would obtain from the seller prior to purchasing a home.

I would think the existing provider would be anxious to keep an account and would make sure they were price competitive with the market.

Irish mist 06-06-2018 07:36 PM

You have to pump out your septic tank on occasion. There is no product that is going to eliminate that necessity.

Kamper 06-07-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish mist (Post 295656)
You have to pump out your septic tank on occasion. There is no product that is going to eliminate that necessity.

That my friends, is SOLIDs advice.

TheTimeTraveler 06-07-2018 01:44 PM

If it is religiously pumped out every other year from day one then it will last a lifetime.

If this is a property you are buying then you likely won't have an accurate history of its being pumped (and how often it's been pumped).

The WORST thing for any septic system is a garbage disposal.

Many systems are designed for garbage disposals; many are not. The first thing a subsequent owner does is install a garbage disposal and starts grinding away regardless of whether the system was designed for a garbage disposal or not. These actions may really limit the life of a septic system.

Been there, done that!

Biggd 06-07-2018 01:55 PM

BEER is good for your septic. The yeast in the beer eats away at the waste in your tank. If you have any old skunk beer that you have to dispose of, dump it down you drain.
Better yet, just have an occasional beer party and your friends will help your system out every time the go to the bathroom. :laugh::laugh:

JEEPONLY 06-07-2018 04:46 PM

Does barf and beer count!?!

rlamprey 06-07-2018 05:26 PM

Septic Pumping

2 Attachment(s)
This is what we did today

bigdog 06-08-2018 03:52 PM

Unknown to me Laphrey showed up today to pump out my system.

Apparently, the seller had placed a work order to have this done,
after the Closing on the property !

Laphrey said I had a state of the art septic system, and should last for years.
System is only 12 yrs old.

Only me and the wife in the house, so hope thats's true !