Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bizer's annual survey of Winnipesaukee (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21202)

Bizer 09-04-2016 08:16 AM

Bizer's annual survey of Winnipesaukee

For what should Bizer be looking?

As many of you know, Bizer spends a week in September surveying the lake. The lake level is low and the weather is usually dry. This is the best time of the year.

Bizer will be staying on Dow Island for a few days later this month. We shall be checking for updates to our chart of the lake. If you know of anything that you think we should examine, please post it here or email us at updates@bizer.com. We are looking for such items as
  • Buoys that may have moved. Even if a buoy moved and/or was reset by the Marine Patrol, we want to know about it. We want to insure we chart its exact position.
  • New buoys that are not on Bizer's chart (even if you think they were placed by private citizens)
  • Missing buoys
  • Shallow areas not clearly depicted on Bizer's chart
  • Any Elvis sightings that you would like us to confirm
  • Any island that is not on our list of islands
  • Any location which you feel Bizer has incorrectly reported the depth
  • Anything that you deem noteworthy and/or should be on Bizer's chart

thinkxingu 09-04-2016 08:44 AM

Two things: 1. The channel by Bryant's Point up in the north--looks like the last red buoy (heading towards Hanson Cove) has been moved inward. Not sure it matters, but it does look like it was moved because some rocks are closer with the low levels.

2. Someone posted on the I Boat Facebook page that people were clipping a rock/rocks in the Graveyard and to hug the blacks to avoid.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

bilproject 09-04-2016 05:28 PM

Sophie C Says

Need a red top south and a little west of Loon Island. Big rock there!

tummyman 09-04-2016 08:36 PM

Just sent a message on an island renamed in Blackey Cove plus one island that may not be included.

Bizer 09-05-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilproject (Post 268738)
Need a red top south and a little west of Loon Island. Big rock there!

As there are three Loon Islands in Winnipesaukee, could you identify which Loon Island? A>South of Pine.I, B>Western Moultonborough Bay, C> Between Cow.I and FL18

bilproject 09-05-2016 07:47 AM

South of Y landing North of Sheps where the Sophie ran aground.

CAVU 09-05-2016 11:54 AM

I haven't seen the red topped buoy at the entrance of 20Mi bay all year.

Descant 09-05-2016 02:35 PM

New name

Previously unnamed:

95:1 Ritson Cove. Pursuant to RSA 4:43, the cove in Lake Winnipesaukee located between 43.601385 degrees North and 43.600799 degrees North of latitude and between -71.416210 degrees West and -71.411929 degrees West of longitude is hereby named Ritson Cove.

Signed by the Governor May 23, 2016.

This cove was previously unnamed. It is on the SW corner of Governor's Island.

Lakegeezer 09-05-2016 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I reported a misplaced buoy to the Marine Patrol on July 12, but haven't verified they replaced it. Since I hit a rock due to the buoy in the wrong place, it might be worth noting if the current location is back to near the rock. The problem was the third red buoy of four, north of Elkins Point, marked #2 below. Thanks for the accuracy!

upthesaukee 09-05-2016 06:57 PM

The outermost red channel marker going into Small's Cove (West Alton Marina ) is missing. Noticed that last Thursday.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

wtibert 09-06-2016 10:51 AM

Long Island/Sandy Island

I didnt see a red top buoy near FL77 this past weekend. I may have missed it, but I dont think it was there.

Bizer 08-16-2017 03:57 PM

It's almost September. Bizer usually goes up to the lake the Monday after Labor Day. I spend a few days checking buoys and anything reported. If you have anything for me to research, please post it here or email me at maps@bizer.com.

chasedawg 08-16-2017 07:02 PM

buoy 20 mile bay

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAVU (Post 268769)
I haven't seen the red topped buoy at the entrance of 20Mi bay all year.

I recall a discussion about the need for this red/white marker at 20 mile bay several years ago. I personally have sailed and motored around this marker many times wondering why it was there. I recorded more than 10 feet of water in September. As I recall, and I could be mistaken, that the MP had removed it.

tis 08-17-2017 04:52 AM

Chase, that's the buoy we wonder about too.

SIKSUKR 08-17-2017 08:28 AM

The Bizer chart only shows a low depth of 8 ft for that marker with no rock hazards near.

Richard232 08-17-2017 08:59 AM

No Names on Chart

Maybe I am mistaken, but I don't know of formal names for the inlets/bays in between First Neck and Second Neck as you approach Center Harbor, and also between Second Neck and Moultonborough neck where Ash Island is. Seems like these areas should be named. If they are named, can someone let me in on the secret?