Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Burger Joint in the Weirs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22286)

Woodsy 07-17-2017 07:34 AM

New Burger Joint in the Weirs

Great new Burger Joint in the Weirs... Surfside... same owners as Flurries in Meredith. They are next to Crazy Gringo. Ate there twice... both times the burgers were Great! Decent selection of craft beer too.

Woodsy

AC2717 07-17-2017 07:57 AM

good to know, thank you
will check it out, the weirs is slowly turning for the better, if the rest could just move a long a little quicker lol

Lakemamma 07-17-2017 07:44 PM

That's excellent news... Glad to see they have expanded love Flurries.

Patofnaud 07-18-2017 09:43 PM

Thanks! Was looking for more sit down places to eat at Weirs accessible by boat.

jacka82942 08-01-2017 04:54 AM

not so great burgers

went sunday. burgers only have american cheeses. no cheddar,swiss ,blue.
got subs instead. not a great menu.
won't be rushing to go back

Doobs41378 08-02-2017 08:38 AM

We have been a few times ( To Meredith ) their burgers used to be very large but the last ones we got were not big at all. I hope that isn't the new norm as they certainly didn't lower the price.

thinkxingu 08-02-2017 08:54 AM

Went to Flurries once--burger with bacon was something like $11, nothing else included. I feel cheated when I order a burger that doesn't come with fries or rings. Haven't been back.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

exlakesregioner 08-03-2017 05:56 AM

Tried Flurries once while in the area based on comments here, big disappointment, won't go again!!

jerseyonbear 08-04-2017 08:55 AM

surfside

What happened to JB Scoops?

joey2665 08-04-2017 10:30 AM

JB Scoops

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyonbear (Post 283146)
What happened to JB Scoops?

On Route 3 is now Griddle in the Middle (make your own pancakes) in the mornings and Lobster in the Rough at night.

All along with Flurries and Surfside owned by the JB Scoops people

Dubstyle247 08-06-2017 04:17 PM

Wow, quite a bit of misinformation in his thread.

For starters, Flurries Surfside in Meredith and Surfside in the Weirs Are both owned by me, not JB Scoops. The family who ran JB Scoops now runs Griddle in the Middle.

A Bacon Cheeseburger is actually $7. Cheapest one around that I've seen and definitely the best quality. All of our food is prices accordingly. We do not "price gouge" or whatever else people think we do. Our quality and portion size is pretty great in my opinion as I have compared to what the competition offers.

We offer American, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Fresh Mozzarella and Bleu Cheese Crumbles as options on all of our burgers and sandwiches.

We have also increased the size of our burgers almost a full ounce compared to when we first started out and haven't raised the prices at all.

We have made every possible improvement to our menu that we could. The original "Flurries" I purchased was a far cry from what we are doing now. It's a completely different operation that we are all very proud of actually.

I truly do hope all of you come give us a try, we'd love to impress you!
The feedback at The Weirs has been tremendous so far! Thanks to everyone who has come out to try us out, we really appreciate it.

If you have had a bad experience in the past, I truly apologize. Come see me about it. Ask for me, ask for a manager...we will make it right.

noreast 08-06-2017 05:23 PM

I'm always surprised by how many people will spew out answers or give advice when they really don't know the answers, There are facts, they are attainable, People are looking for answers, It doesn't do anyone any good to give the wrong one. I'm glad the owner answered. I'll definitely give them a try.

joey2665 08-06-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubstyle247 (Post 283335)

For starters, Flurries Surfside in Meredith and Surfside in the Weirs Are both owned by me, not JB Scoops. The family who ran JB Scoops now runs Griddle in the Middle.

A Bacon Cheeseburger is actually $7. Cheapest one around that I've seen and definitely the best quality. All of our food is prices accordingly. We do not "price gouge" or whatever else people think we do. Our quality and portion size is pretty great in my opinion as I have compared to what the competition offers.

We offer American, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Fresh Mozzarella and Bleu Cheese Crumbles as options on all of our burgers and sandwiches.

We have also increased the size of our burgers almost a full ounce compared to when we first started out and haven't raised the prices at all.

We have made every possible improvement to our menu that we could. The original "Flurries" I purchased was a far cry from what we are doing now. It's a completely different operation that we are all very proud of actually.

The feedback at The Weirs has been tremendous so far! Thanks to everyone who has come out to try us out, we really appreciate it.

If you have had a bad experience in the past, I truly apologize. Come see me about it. Ask for me, ask for a manager...we will make it right.

Thank you for clarifying ownership. I love Flurries and will definitely try Surfside.

thinkxingu 08-06-2017 08:08 PM

I just asked my wife for clarification, and it was The Biker I'd ordered, which is $10 and is pulled pork, not bacon. She reminded me that it was the total bill with our kids--no kids menu--that had soured our visit and that the serving size didn't justify the cost.

That being said, I appreciate the response and will give it another shot since it has been a couple years.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

jacka82942 08-07-2017 05:02 AM

wrong on cheese

when er asked for cheddar on our burgers, they said they only had american. so, if you are right, then fire the order taker

Winnigirl83 08-07-2017 09:12 AM

Can anyone tell me if they have draft beer at the Weirs location?

Reilly 08-07-2017 11:00 AM

Beer

Craft beers

Woodsy 08-07-2017 12:22 PM

Winnigirl....

I have been in several times and so far all of the craft beer has been bottles or cans. I don't think they have a draft beer setup.

Woodsy

Dblblkdiam 08-07-2017 12:54 PM

Awesome Spot

Hit up this place last night with a few people and burgers were excellent. All prepared correctly to order. Fries are excellent as well.

Decent beer selection and I especially like the hours. Open until 9 on a Sunday.

Resident 2B 08-08-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubstyle247 (Post 283335)

We were up for a one week visit last week and we had lunch at the place in Meredith. It was very good and a reasonable value. We both had burgers. Cooked perfectly and very tasty.

Keep up the great work.

R2B

StardogChampion 08-11-2017 08:01 AM

We just added "take the boat and go get a burger and a beer at the new place on the Weirs" to our summer to-do list. It's nice to have more choices at the Weirs!