Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Deleting comments (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18483)

kayleigh 11-22-2014 12:08 AM

Deleting comments

Hi I'm using tapatalk on my android phone and I'm trying to delete a previous comment I made about a restaurant. I can't delete it and I would like to take my comment down please. If someone could walk me theouhj this I would appreciate it thanks. Kayleigh

kayleigh 11-22-2014 01:33 PM

Okay I'm on a computer now and don't see an option to delete or remove comments. Its not a big deal I guess. Its just that one of the great reviews I had left a restaurant is no longer on my list of favorites and I'd like to have my comment removed. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Kayleigh

trfour 11-23-2014 11:07 PM

Kayleigh, Sign in and go to your post. You will see an EDIT block, lower right. Click on that and you will see a Delete Post...
Hope this helps,
Terry

Senter Cove Guy 11-24-2014 04:13 AM

Go to your comment that you want to delete.
Click on Edit.
Click on Delete.
Click on Delete Message.
Click on Delete this Message.

Slickcraft 11-24-2014 06:27 AM

Senter Cove Guy's instructions are correct, just make sure you are logged in.

Another thought: if your opinion of a restaurant has changed, maybe a follow up comment explaining why would be more informative than simply deleting your original comment. Your choice of course. I have deleted a few ill conceived comments over the years.

kayleigh 11-25-2014 03:04 AM

Well I'm not the type of person to leave a negative comment. However I will say that this particular restaurant has wronged me in such a way that they do not deserve my positive comment.

Happy Gourmand 11-25-2014 08:26 AM

It's hard to take things back after they have been said or especially after they are written. Either the restaurant had a great night when you wrote the positive comment, or a really bad night when you went back.
If you feel they wronged you in some fashion, the first step would have been to verbalize your experience to the management. Depending on their response, perhaps a post sharing why you now feel so negatively towards them would help fellow forum members decide whether or not to patronize the establishment.
Then, of course, as the song suggests, you could just Let it Go.

chipj29 11-25-2014 08:54 AM

If you feel strongly about deleting your comment, you can delete it as SCG suggested, or you can go back and edit your post.

kayleigh 11-25-2014 08:55 AM

No happy. Sorry but you're misconstreuing what I'm saying. And without completely telling you the story I just want to delete my comments. I still can't figure it out. Does anyone know who the admin is on here? Can someone send him a message please?

Phantom 11-25-2014 09:40 AM

Kayleigh -

The Webmaster routinely monitors this site and all of its postings, I am sure he just saw your most recent. But you can always reach out to him by clicking on the "contact us" icon at the bottom of every page or simply an email to webmaster@winnipesaukee.com

with that said, I did a search of your recent posts, are you sure that your comment has not already been removed?

webmaster 11-25-2014 10:24 AM

Kayleigh just told me which post she wanted removed and it has been deleted.

pjard 06-11-2015 10:58 AM

So is there a way to delete a thread that you started?

webmaster 06-12-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjard (Post 246611)
So is there a way to delete a thread that you started?

No, you can't delete an entire thread that you started. That would also delete other member's posts. You can edit and delete your own posts within a thread but you shouldn't have the ability to delete other people's posts.

BroadHopper 06-12-2015 11:22 AM

How about

merging a thread with one that already started?