Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   When do you typically pull your boat for the Season? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26342)

Phantom 09-17-2020 06:13 AM

When do you typically pull your boat for the Season?

So, how long do you typically leave your boat in the water before calling it quits for the Season?

steve-on-mark 09-17-2020 07:17 AM

Too long??

We usually are out on the island til the weekend before Thanksgiving, so that's the target date I shoot for, although some years have run into December. I have had to keep windshield scrapers on the boat, and have had to shovel them off in past years. The " new " C-Dory has a heater, so that may change things this year!

ThePlut 09-17-2020 09:08 AM

None of those options

None of those options quite fit. It's usually between Labor Day and Columbus Day. I never quite make it that far but get as close as I can. It was early this season due to low water at my dock.

XCR-700 09-17-2020 10:01 AM

No option for us, PBM stops valet service on Columbus day. Honestly I'm kinda done by then and if it were later I would be cursing that I waited too long to clean out the boat and now I was doing in in freezing weather. Well thats my luck/experience,,,

That said, I would start a bit earlier than they do, but I understand how much work it is to get the place up and running to I really cannot complain, just more like "in a perfect world,,,"

Always interesting to see the folks who hold out until ice comes or snow falls.

MeredithMan 09-17-2020 11:03 AM

Yesterday...

...called it a season yesterday. Just too darn shallow at my place right now. Disappointing, as we like to normally stay on the water till mid to late October. 7 mos from now will be April 17, so I should be back in the water around then, give or take a week or two for the ice....

Woody38 09-17-2020 11:27 AM

Sad to say

My boat didn't see the lake this year. Next year will be better.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

ursa minor 09-17-2020 03:24 PM

Even in a good year it starts getting a little skinny after Columbus Day. Plus we have a hard date when all boats need to be winterized and in the storage building at the association we belong to. This year? Who knows! The boat was aground at the bow even with the stern sitting 3 feet out from the end of the mainland dock last Sunday afternoon. We shall see but some rain would be welcome at this point.

MotorHead 09-21-2020 01:31 PM

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/boat...eb5484f48.html

thinkxingu 09-21-2020 01:44 PM

Brought Boatie Two in to MVM yesterday. Though I'd like another weekend or two, it's a little hairy not being up for a week at a time with little to no rain in the forecast.

Good thing I've got Jettie One to get me through!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Sue Doe-Nym 09-21-2020 02:01 PM

Our boat is still in, but it’s a bit nerve wracking with the low lake level. We like to keep it in until late October, but that’s not in the cards this year. This time of year is really special for touring around the lake, but there’s an element of risk this time. Such a shame about the Chris Craft hitting rocks this past weekend.

Biggd 09-21-2020 02:41 PM

I'm pulling mine tomorrow, my prop already caught a rock.:(

Light Breeze 09-21-2020 02:42 PM

October can be beautiful but I'll only go places I know with the water so low. We have pulled it earlier but it takes one 70 degree day to wish we had not. November 1st for us...

ishoot308 09-21-2020 02:46 PM

My wife’s boat has been pulled, pontoon boat coming out tomorrow, Eastern sometime around November 1st. I would keep them all in till November 1st if I could unfortunately low water at my dock will only allow one boat to stay...:emb::emb:

Dan

thinkxingu 09-21-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 343906)
My wife’s boat has been pulled, pontoon boat coming out tomorrow, Eastern sometime around November 1st. I would keep them all in till November 1st if I could unfortunately low water at my dock will only allow one boat to stay...:emb::emb:

Dan

How will you ever deal with the injustice? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Phantom 09-21-2020 05:22 PM

I have to admit this year I am seriously contemplating pulling mine (26' Bowrider) out next weekend.

That will be a historical first for us as it is typically the Monday of Columbus Day or if the forecast is favorable the following weekend (but no later).

I must be getting old, cuz I just don't have any more fun bundled up in a light ski parker for the sake of a ride anymore. Sipping a Spanish Coffee with the fireplace going is getting more & more attractive :laugh:

upthesaukee 09-21-2020 06:13 PM

Pulled my friend's yesterday

My friend was hoping to get at least one more week of boating. We went out on his dock yesterday, and we couldn't move his 26' Cobalt more than a few inches left and right. We got in the water "only knee deep:eek:", pushed the bow back and forth, then worked on the stern. Three people got on the swim platform and I kept moving the bow back and forth. It moved more with the 3 on the back. 2 sat down and my friend cranked it up. He bumped it in and out of reverse. I pushed from the bow. It finally moved back and he was able to get away from the dock. Close call to having to call for a tow.

Lucky guy.

Dave