Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   North Woods Law (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24852)

PENIVISA 08-09-2019 05:43 AM

North Woods Law

Saw an episode of Northwoods law earlier this week which showed Lake Winnipesaukee in the winter. Started off showing The mount at Weirs beach in her winter birth along with some winter sports on Lake.
Was surprised no one posted this. Everyone must be out enjoyng the summer.
Im hoping this was not a repeat. Ive been known to be a day late and a dollar short.:emb::emb:

joey2665 08-09-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PENIVISA (Post 317118)
Saw an episode of Northwoods law earlier this week which showed Lake Winnipesaukee in the winter.Started off showing The mount at Weirs beach in her winter birth along with some winter sports on Lake.

Im hoping this was not a repeat. Ive been known to be a day late and a dollar short.:emb::emb:

It was a rerun. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 08-09-2019 07:39 AM

Doesn’t the Mount winter at Center Harbor?

joey2665 08-09-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 317131)

Yes it does. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TheTimeTraveler 08-09-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PENIVISA (Post 317118)
Saw an episode of Northwoods law earlier this week which showed Lake Winnipesaukee in the winter. Started off showing The mount at Weirs beach in her winter birth along with some winter sports on Lake.

Was that the episode where the snowmobile was traveling across the ice and trailering a lit smoking bbq grill ?

There was also an episode where a Moultonboro deer had an arrow sticking out right above her eyes and the deer appeared to be just fine. Not sure if this was the same episode or not.

webmaster 08-09-2019 01:43 PM

Lots of North Woods Law episodes are on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+full+episodes

tis 08-09-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 317178)
Was that the episode where the snowmobile was traveling across the ice and trailering a lit smoking bbq grill ?

There was also an episode where a Moultonboro deer had an arrow sticking out right above her eyes and the deer appeared to be just fine. Not sure if this was the same episode or not.

Yes it was both. And the smashed up bob house that didn't have a name and address or something reflective on the outside so they were trying to find the owner.

JADAQ 08-10-2019 06:44 AM

This was a brand new episode, not a re-run.

I’ve watched every episode since day one. This is the first year they have ever filmed winter footage as I was told their scheduling of filming always ended in the fall.

It’s weird they showed some footage of the winnie derby for about .25 seconds but that was it... maybe a later episode will show more but the production crew seems to have some big excitement about filming North and over towards Keene area and not the biggest lake in N.H.!! I don’t get it!

ghfromaltonbay 08-10-2019 08:28 AM

Alton

There was one episode filmed in Alton. Officer Arseneault was on Letter S Road checking 2 guys for fishing licenses. The 17 yr old wouldn't cooperate & refused to talk or give any ID. The Alton PD was called in and the policeman knew who he was. Another episode showed him driving on Rt. 11 heading to a marijuana growth in New Durham. As he drove, I recognized Alton Home Center and the Village Store as he headed east on Main St. Love watching the show while stuck back at home in NJ.

rick35 08-10-2019 08:34 AM

I thought it was a new episode. There have been a couple of episodes that have been repackaged to make them look new. The Alaska Frontier show does that too and we just press delete on the dvr. We like the shows but not enough to watch reruns. Everything gets dvr’ed these days.

rick35 08-10-2019 08:44 AM

When we watch we try to figure out where they are given he location that is given. We couldn’t figure out where on Meredith Neck the deer with the arrow sticking out of its head is. There are lots of deer out there and we tell people to watch out when they leave Shep Browns because we frequently see deer crossing near the large barn at the top of the rise. We’ll have to watch for the one with the hood ornament.

fatlazyless 08-10-2019 09:14 AM

Mead Brook crosses underneath the Meredith Neck Rd via a concrete tunnel/big pipe, and it seems to be one place where the deer will run across the road. Is probably been a deer trail that follows along side the brook for years ..... a deer path.

Located at the bottom of the big dip on Meredith Neck Rd between Old Hubbard Rd and the home with horses and fenced fields, up top the hill.

Top-Water 08-10-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 317131)

Yes it does; March 20th 2003. Left in the water that year not on the dry dock.

https://i.imgur.com/ixa9zx6.jpg

frank m. 08-11-2019 03:33 PM

Arrowhead deer

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the deer with the arrow in its head walking by my house in the early spring.

Descant 08-12-2019 09:20 AM

not much about the lake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JADAQ (Post 317228)
This was a brand new episode, not a re-run.

I’ve watched every episode since day one. This is the first year they have ever filmed winter footage as I was told their scheduling of filming always ended in the fall.

It’s weird they showed some footage of the winnie derby for about .25 seconds but that was it... maybe a later episode will show more but the production crew seems to have some big excitement about filming North and over towards Keene area and not the biggest lake in N.H.!! I don’t get it!

The show is about F&G and CO's, not lakes and MP.