Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pizza recs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25041)

Givemethewholeclam 09-28-2019 07:21 PM

Pizza recs

Hi, looking for round pizza that is on the thicker side.
Thank you in advance.

VitaBene 09-28-2019 08:43 PM

What area? Elvios has a Sicilian style pizza as well as thin

joey2665 09-28-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Givemethewholeclam (Post 320270)
Hi, looking for round pizza that is on the thicker side.

Thank you in advance.

For traditional round New York style pizza with a thicker crust I would say Sal’s. Many pizza places in the area tend to be thinner or Sicilian or brick oven style.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 09-29-2019 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 320272)
What area? Elvios has a Sicilian style pizza as well as thin

We keep forgetting to try Elvio's Sicilian, but we hear it's awesome. My kids and wife like the regular.

As for thicker round, The Mug and Giuseppe's come to mind, and I think Faro Express but can't exactly remember the one time we went (other than it was great!).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 09-29-2019 06:34 AM

Baking a five dollar Sam's quality pizza from Walmart in the Pizza Pizzazz makes it eat better than any twenty dollar, restaurant pizza, anywhere ...... plus it costs about fifteen dollars less, and with zero tax and tip.

Just place a totally frozen pizza on The Pizza Pizzazz: www.youtube.com/watch/?v=mCBtF91a0Ds ..... and 13-18 minutes, depends on thickness, is all good. Watch it slowly spin around and go from totally frozen to totally yummy!

And, a bell rings, when it's done.

Givemethewholeclam 09-29-2019 11:54 AM

Thanks!

Sorry I forgot to say what area. Just moved to Wolfeboro. I don't mind driving a little though. Thank you for the suggestions.

Crusty 09-29-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 320283)
Baking a five dollar Sam's quality pizza from Walmart in the Pizza Pizzazz makes it eat better than any twenty dollar, restaurant pizza, anywhere ...... plus it costs about fifteen dollars less, and with zero tax and tip.

Just place a totally frozen pizza on The Pizza Pizzazz: www.youtube.com/watch/?v=mCBtF91a0Ds ..... and 13-18 minutes, depends on thickness, is all good. Watch it slowly spin around and go from totally frozen to totally yummy!

And, a bell rings, when it's done.

A bell, you say... I can close my eyes and imagine the pizza delivery person at my door... The illusion is complete.

Seriously, Sam's, Walmart, and the other groceries all have fresh/frozen pizzas that run the gamut of edible to very good. Sadly, my family likes plain cheese pizza, while I'm an "everything but anchovies" guy. In my experience with pizzerias (or pizzerie), there are no bad ones, since they quickly go out of business. Unlike many other foods, taste in pizza is entirely subjective. I like a number of places that others have warned me off. Conversely, rave reviews don't necessarily mean I'll like it.

What I want in a review of a pizzeria (aside from "burned" or "undercooked") is the style, available toppings, specialties (eg, Hawaiian; BBQ), and an indication of price level.

If a restaurant serves 2 kinds of crust and 8 different toppings, you would need to eat 80,640 pizzas to evaluate all the possible combinations.

It takes years of painstaking eating to find the best pizza in any given restaurant --and then they retire.

I.C.Isles 09-29-2019 08:31 PM

Recommend trying Louis pizza in Wolfboro and Alton Village pizza. Both are more Greek or Connecticut style. Thicker than NY and thinner than Chicago.