Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Wildlife (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Bobcat Sighting 7/29 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23665)

umbrellapoint 07-30-2018 05:45 PM

Bobcat Sighting 7/29

Spotted a Bobcat Sunday morning 7/29 ~ 9:30am on Wolfeboro Neck. I was driving and it bounded across the road just ahead of me --- gorgeous animal.

Slickcraft 07-30-2018 06:50 PM

Welcome to the forum. Bobcat sightings are always special, good for you.

8gv 07-31-2018 08:53 AM

Wifey saw one on Pease Rd in the late afternoon a few weeks ago.

Rattlesnake Gal 07-31-2018 02:29 PM

Bobcats

1 Attachment(s)
Bobcats are beautiful animals! What a treat that you got to see one. I captured one with my game cam on Rattlesnake Island. :D A coyote too. :eek:

Hillcountry 07-31-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 299187)
Bobcats are beautiful animals! What a treat that you got to see one. I captured one with my game cam on Rattlesnake Island. :D A coyote too. :eek:

Do you think they stay on Rattlesnake or just cross the ice to hunt?
Nice pic! I have only seen them on my game cams too.

Rattlesnake Gal 07-31-2018 03:17 PM

Game Cam Pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 299196)
Do you think they stay on Rattlesnake or just cross the ice to hunt?
Nice pic! I have only seen them on my game cams too.

Thanks! I was very excited and glad I left the camera over the winter. I see no reason to think a bobcat would leave. Plenty of squirrels for them. Last summer I found lots of evidence of a bear on the island. No one ever spotted it. Have not seen evidence this year tho, so maybe it went ashore! :laugh: Same with coyotes. I have seen scat with deer fur, but have never seen one. The island has lots of areas for wildlife to hideout. The west side is very rugged and there are lots of game trails. I loved seeing deer with one antler and later with new ones. Love the game cam.

Hillcountry 07-31-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 299199)
Thanks! I was very excited and glad I left the camera over the winter. I see no reason to think a bobcat would leave. Plenty of squirrels for them. Last summer I found lots of evidence of a bear on the island. No one ever spotted it. Have not seen evidence this year tho, so maybe it went ashore! :laugh: Same with coyotes. I have seen scat with deer fur, but have never seen one. The island has lots of areas for wildlife to hideout. The west side is very rugged and there are lots of game trails. I loved seeing deer with one antler and later with new ones. Love the game cam.

It is a big island! Takes a long time to troll around it!

Woodcrest 07-31-2018 05:00 PM

bobcat

Saw a bobcat in Youngs Cove crossing Woodland Rd It was as big as my 78lb dog last week That is the second time this summer

Hillcountry 09-01-2018 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the one patrolling my woods...somehow they always look sinister to me when photographed in such a grainy way. Love to get a daytime pic of it!