Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boating/Camp Footwear (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24418)

thinkxingu 05-13-2019 04:55 PM

Boating/Camp Footwear

Ok, I've got a pair of Adidas slides from probably a decade ago that are disintegrating. Before I just go and buy another set of sandals, I thought I'd throw out the line to see what y'all wear when heading out on the boat and when scooting around camp.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

joey2665 05-13-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 311375)
Ok, I've got a pair of Adidas slides from probably a decade ago that are disintegrating. Before I just go and buy another set of sandals, I thought I'd throw out the line to see what y'all wear when heading out on the boat and when scooting around camp.

I use Colombia waterproof sneakers. Water drains from them immediately after getting out of the water. I am not a flip flop, sandals or slides person

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Garcia 05-13-2019 06:29 PM

I get to camp and put on my flip flops. They are the only shoes I wear (not counting shoes I wear if I'm working around the property) until I put my regular ones back on for the drive home.

thinkxingu 05-13-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia (Post 311384)
I get to camp and put on my flip flops. They are the only shoes I wear (not counting shoes I wear if I'm working around the property) until I put my regular ones back on for the drive home.

What kind?

Garcia 05-13-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 311386)
What kind?

Teva Mush - their basic flip flop. I also have a few pair of Reef flip flops. I wear them until they fall apart.

rick35 05-13-2019 08:03 PM

Crocs. Functional but not fashionable.

Seaplane Pilot 05-13-2019 08:09 PM

These

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KZOCZ4K..._ptH2CbSWRNVJP

Liquorish 05-14-2019 05:22 AM

I’m a big fan of Sperry flip flops...

Descant 05-14-2019 11:18 AM

Sperry "Gold Cup" with ASV (Anti shock and Vibration)soles. Traditional look Gold Cup boat shoes I wear everyday, but I also have ASV sneakers and Gold Cup in other styles, e.g. loafers. Love'em. Soles have sipes like Topsiders, great for wet docks and decks. They mostly sell online but they have a store at the Merrimack Premium Outlets and they sell at the NE Boat Show in Boston. Frequent discounts if you're on the email list.

Pricestavern 05-14-2019 03:10 PM

Crocs, Reefs, and Hiking Shoes

Crocs - ugly but comfortable as heck around the cabin
Reefs - on the boat
Columbia Lakeview 2 Low Hiking Shoes - 'cause there's alot of rocks and cliffs on Rattlesnake and it keeps my toes from turning to mush on them.

Columbia Lakeview Hiking Shoes:
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-28...ing-shoes.jsp?

thinkxingu 05-14-2019 03:25 PM

People keep saying Crocs--I've never given them a chance because they're the minivan of footwear, but are they really that comfortable?

Biggd 05-14-2019 03:38 PM

I just wear plain old Sperry boat shoes. I have flip flops but I just don't find them as comfortable as my Sperrys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

I.C.Isles 05-14-2019 04:00 PM

I would also second crocs. Comfortable, cheap, easy to clean, ugly as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

rick35 05-14-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 311469)
People keep saying Crocs--I've never given them a chance because they're the minivan of footwear, but are they really that comfortable?

I first saw crocs worn by people working on their feet all day namely nurses and chefs. You could get orange ones like chef Mario Vitale (sp). I have ugly blue ones. Orange is another level of ugly.

betterthanbacon 05-14-2019 07:37 PM

Keen H2 sandals. They are waterproof and I like how they are attached to my feet. They are waterproof, have a very good non slip sole even on underwater rocks while snorkeling and my toes and the tops of my feet are protected. I have two pair so I can swap out of the wet ones.

rick35 05-14-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 311398)

I checked these out last summer and forgot all about them. The box with the smile arrives tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

MAXUM 05-15-2019 09:57 AM

Crocs, yes ugly, but easy on\off, comfortable and wear them everywhere. They even float :-)

I recently got a pair of the camo "offroad" version which has a more aggressive sole and maybe since they are camo nobody will "see" them ;)

jazzman 05-15-2019 10:39 PM

No shoes on lake time:)... Maybe sneakers to walk around the island or to go to town for food.

thinkxingu 05-16-2019 04:39 AM

Alright, sooo...I looked at the new Birkenstock EVAs (Croc material, Birkenstock design), but they're wayyy too narrow. I did stumble across Olukai Nalus, and they seem like a fine mix of comfort, water friendliness, and "ok-to-wear-to-a-dockside-restaurantness." We'll see how they go (though maybe I'll give a pair of Crocs a shot, too, if I can find them cheap enough).