Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Faro Express (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23781)

HAMPTONS 08-31-2018 06:13 AM

Faro Express

Anyone know what is going on with this restaurant on Union Ave ? (The old Pizza Hut building) It was supposed to open months ago.....

barefootbay 08-31-2018 09:37 AM

Also the Holy Grail ( Laconia ) .

joey2665 08-31-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 301226)
Also the Holy Grail ( Laconia ) .

As far as I know there is nothing going on at the Holy Grail. However, there are new enthusiastic owners of Hector's across the street that are already planning improvements to the restaurant and to be much more active in the community. I had lunch there a few weeks ago and it was good and Anthony the owner was extremely nice and accommodating.

Lakemamma 09-05-2018 11:14 AM

Saw the sign was put up now at Faro's Express so making getting closer to opening.

Overlake97 10-04-2018 07:07 AM

Faro Express - estimated opening date: Nov 2

I called Faro Italian Grille the other day, and asked them if they had determined an opening date for Faro Express, in the old Pizza Hut building. The person on the phone told me they were currently estimating a "launch date" of November 2nd (a Friday).

AC2717 10-04-2018 07:47 AM

what is the purpose of them opening just a few miles away from their current location? I am a little confused by it

joey2665 10-04-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 303164)
what is the purpose of them opening just a few miles away from their current location? I am a little confused by it

It is supposed to be more of a casual, take out pizza and other italian staple dinners.

Phantom 10-04-2018 08:22 AM

Faro Express will not have a full bar either, simply Beer & Wine.

I have also been told (by Management) that Faro's will close for the first 2 weeks of November and the staff will assist during the "soft launch".

AC2717 10-04-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 303166)
It is supposed to be more of a casual, take out pizza and other italian staple dinners.

thank you, more my speed for a regular place of the summer

Overlake97 10-30-2018 05:57 AM

Faro Express opening delayed.

Had dinner at Faro Italian Grill the other night, and our waitperson said the hoped-for opening date for Faro Express (of Nov 2nd) has been pushed back, due to unforeseen circumstances. Dinner (Chicken Marsala and Pollo Abruzzese [Ziti w/chicken & broccoli in creamy white wine sauce]) at the Grille was great though! :liplick:

8gv 10-30-2018 07:17 AM

This is a tough time to open a restaurant in this area.

It may be better to wait until spring.

jetskier 10-30-2018 01:47 PM

Of no relevence whatsoever

That would be a great location for a Pizza Hut :D

Phantom 12-03-2018 07:34 AM

Although Faro Express has yet to open ……..this past Friday night the main restaurant in Weirs reopened :)

joey2665 12-03-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 304025)
This is a tough time to open a restaurant in this area.

It may be better to wait until spring.

I agree. Why pay labor and other costs in the off season. If you want to hire employees and work out the kinks April would provide enough time before Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WINNOCTURN 12-05-2018 05:44 PM

Marsala Sauce?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 304021)
Had dinner at Faro Italian Grill the other night, and our waitperson said the hoped-for opening date for Faro Express (of Nov 2nd) has been pushed back, due to unforeseen circumstances. Dinner (Chicken Marsala and Pollo Abruzzese [Ziti w/chicken & broccoli in creamy white wine sauce]) at the Grille was great though! :liplick:

How was the Masala Sauce?

We have been think of trying the Veal Masala. One other reason is the Menu notes they are MADALIONS of VEAL. The last time I saw it listed this way was at Karen and Barry's in Meredith.

Can't tell you how much we miss Karen and Barry's!

I am getting tired of VEAL SLABS and Franco American BROWN GRAVY!

Nolan's has a good Veal Masala.

JADAQ 12-13-2018 12:55 PM

The Faro Facebook page said they were officially opening on 12-12-18

GodSmile 12-14-2018 05:55 AM

open

Drove by last evening and they were open.

joey2665 12-14-2018 07:32 AM

Has anyone seen a menu online? I can’t seem to locate one

Overlake97 12-14-2018 07:56 AM

Faro Express menu (take-out and eat-in the same)

2 Attachment(s)
Here are menu photos. I didn't order anything, but was so pleasantly surprised to see them open I just walked in and checked it out. :liplick:

joey2665 12-14-2018 08:55 AM

Looks good. I will definitely stop in the next time I am there. [emoji4]

Overlake97 12-16-2018 08:54 AM

First Try: Thumbs way up!

My wife and I dropped in on Friday, Dec 14th, for lunch, and both ordered a Create Your Own Pasta. I had angel hair + cajun alfredo sauce, with a sausage added; she had ziti + spicy tomato sauce, with 2 or 3 veggies added. Both were served piping hot (serious steam rising) in perfect-sized portions, and both were really good! :liplick: I had gone in intending to compare their alfredo sauce to that of Lake Side Pizza (used to be called Lake Side Roast Beef; across from Dunkin Donuts in Laconia), which I'd recently discovered was also very good. Faro Express's version was even better (the cajun helped), and it was also nice to be able to eat it in a nice atmosphere (which helped a LOT).

Speaking of which, they've done a nice job transforming the old Pizza Hut. When you walk in the same old door, you're faced with a wall and a hallway extending to the right, where you find the actual door on the left. This arrangement will prevent drafts in winter, and serve as a waiting area for lines that could form in the summer. Inside you take a left and come to their menu wall (also have the paper menu I posted above, if you'd prefer to sit down and relax while deciding), and a long copper counter right in front of a "line cooking area," with all new prep. fixtures, including a large gas stove and dozens (50+?) of large saute pans hanging above. The cooks take your order, and then prepare it right in front of you, if you want to actually wait/stand and watch (no seats here). Most would probably pay (to the right), get drinks (bottled or a self-serve soda fountain), and take a seat, where they'll bring the food to you.

Besides regular tables (easily-rearrangable 2's and 4's, plus one large one), there is also an L-shaped counter, separating the dining room from the cooking area, and one step up from both, with smart-phone charging cords (both styles) already hanging from in-wall connectors in front of almost every stool - a seriously nice touch!

We plan to go back very soon. :)

Top-Water 12-16-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 305351)
Create Your Own Pasta

Really :liplick::liplick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkvbZ-e795k

Descant 12-16-2018 10:59 AM

Fresh pasta

Thank you Overlake97 for the very comprehensive report. I was at a similar concept place some years ago in San Jose, CA. It was great; always wondered why the concept never moved east. Looking forward to trying Faro Express.

joey2665 12-17-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 305352)

Not hijacking the thread but there are several chain pizza restaurants that are using this concept . [emoji4]

Great review of Faro and I love the idea. Can’t wait to try it out.

happyonlittlebear 12-26-2018 03:42 PM

Muffuletta

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this on facebook this morning.. going there on saturday to find out what on earth a muffuletta is.

joey2665 12-26-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyonlittlebear (Post 305654)
Saw this on facebook this morning.. going there on saturday to find out what on earth a muffuletta is.

Muffuletta is a round Italian bread with sesame seeds.

KPW 12-26-2018 05:02 PM

https://emerils.com/121389/muffaletta

Descant 12-26-2018 05:44 PM

Shhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 305656)

Awww. You spoiled the surprise.

joey2665 12-26-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 305663)
Awww. You spoiled the surprise.

Sorry it’s the Italian in me! [emoji23][emoji23]

Biggd 12-26-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 305656)

My mind immediately went in the gutter and I'm half Italian. :D It must have been my other half. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

joey2665 12-26-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 305666)
My mind immediately went in the gutter and I'm half Italian. :D It must have been my other half. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It’s the Italian 1/2 that’s in the gutter. I know my mind usually is [emoji33][emoji4]

Little Kin 12-27-2018 06:18 PM

The Village Store in Gilford makes Muffuletta sandwiches . . . damn good. Don't
see these very often . . .

Liquorish 02-19-2019 06:55 AM

This past Saturday the 16th, wife and I decided at the last moment to go out and grab a bite. Tried calling all our favorites for a reservation, but every place we like was booked solid. With no real plan now, we pulled into Faro Express, having no idea what to expect. To our surprise we had a fantastic meal! From start (Caprese salad and Aroncini) to our dinners (chicken parm and shrimp sorrento) everything was spot on. We even liked the concept of ordering “cafeteria “ style. Definitely will go back.

garysanfran 02-19-2019 01:56 PM

Happy to see....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquorish (Post 307568)
This past Saturday the 16th, wife and I decided at the last moment to go out and grab a bite. Tried calling all our favorites for a reservation, but every place we like was booked solid. With no real plan now, we pulled into Faro Express, having no idea what to expect. To our surprise we had a fantastic meal! From start (Caprese salad and Aroncini) to our dinners (chicken parm and shrimp sorrento) everything was spot on. We even liked the concept of ordering “cafeteria “ style. Definitely will go back.

The restaurants doing so well in mid-February.

SteveO123 02-21-2019 04:23 PM

We’ve been to Express twice recently and very much enjoyed the food. All the Italian favorites, plus a nice pizza pie. The food was fresh and tasty, perfectly seasoned and prepared to order.

I think they have an interesting restaurant model there. If you are looking for great food at very reasonable prices, pop in, sit down and enjoy your Express meal! On the other hand if you are looking for a dining experience like a night out then the Express may not suit you. In that case you may want to continue up to the Mothership-Faro at the Weirs.

I am certain that it would be a perfect lunch spot too when you are looking for something a little better than the other fast food options nearby.

During high season this place will be jumping. Give it a try now-you will love the food and let us all know how you think the format works.

Cheers
Steve

Anvil 02-25-2019 09:28 AM

Excellent

My wife and I went on Saturday afternoon and were definitely impressed. They did a great job renovating the place. I had the Shrimp Sorrento and my wife had the Chicken Pesto Panini with fries. Everything was extremely good made with fresh ingredients. We will definitely go back!

thinkxingu 08-07-2019 12:41 PM

Went here today on a recommendation from my other thread, and it was awesome! I sooo wish we had one of these on the northern side!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app