Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   what is this monstrosity that just sailed down the lake? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23836)

mishman 09-15-2018 12:39 PM

what is this monstrosity that just sailed down the lake?

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this today moving north of Bear Island heading toward Five Mile Island. Looks like a restaurant on a barge or some such thing. Two stories high and not very sea worthy (in any kind of wind).

thinkxingu 09-15-2018 01:02 PM

That right there is The Dive.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Rusty 09-15-2018 01:27 PM

It looks like a castle with one huge moat around it.

jeffk 09-15-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishman (Post 302059)
Saw this today moving north of Bear Island heading toward Five Mile Island. Looks like a restaurant on a barge or some such thing. Two stories high and not very sea worthy (in any kind of wind).

As well discussed in the forum HERE

noreast 09-15-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 302062)
It looks like a castle with one huge moat around it.

Maybe the castle on sleepers got sick off looking at it so it ripped loose and took off.

Hillcountry 09-15-2018 02:38 PM

Bold move by The Dive! Must be running out of patrons at Smalls...
I was out fishing this morning and it wasn’t the “bluebirdiest” of days...rather it was windy and on the cool side. Clouds must have broke up after I left the lake.

tis 09-15-2018 03:05 PM

It had it's first private party in Center Harbor-I think at the Center Harbor Inn.

Cobalt 25 09-15-2018 04:13 PM

Good for The Dive! Time to try out it's wings!

Best of luck to them as they have invested heavily in this venture.

GTO 09-15-2018 04:53 PM

Wtf

Quote:

Saw it for the first Time yesterday in Ctr Harbor. I was behind it on the jet ski. Saw it leaving there today then saw it anchored in Braun Bay all day

Top-Water 09-16-2018 04:46 AM

Quote:

Seen it for the first time as well yesterday morning too. It was parked/ anchored very tight to the shore on the southern side of Mile Island at about 7:30 - 8:00 am.

ApS 09-16-2018 05:48 AM

'Bet They're in Contact with Other Barges...

Quote:

Saw this today moving north of Bear Island heading toward Five Mile Island. Looks like a restaurant on a barge or some such thing.
Two stories high and not very seaworthy (in any kind of wind).

Agreed, especially as they're sporting all that surface area and sails (!) They'd have to be extremely attentive to wind and weather. :eek: We average one "cell" storm per summer. (But none this summer).

Ironic that the fastest, and now the slowest, larger craft on the lake have assumed similar risk. :rolleye2:

bostique 09-19-2018 08:02 AM

The DIve @ Braun Bay

1 Attachment(s)
The Dive was anchored in Braun Bay Sunday afternoon.

Grant 09-19-2018 10:09 AM

I saw it turn the corner around Long Point on Sunday...my first sighting...and knew exactly where it was heading. I think I could paddle my yak faster... ;)

Broken Glass 09-19-2018 12:09 PM

Slow Mover

Sunday night about 10PM I heard a slow mover coming by Rattlesnake Island, looked out and saw the Dive underway. She was moving very slow, and the engines were making quite a racket cavitating every so often. When we left the Island on Monday morning, the Dive was tied up on Sleepers Island. Hope everything is OK with their engines.