Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Summer storage (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23188)

carterj2018 04-17-2018 11:53 AM

Summer storage

Any recommendations for cheap summer storage. Boat on trailer. I’m ok with hauling in/out. Trying to keep it $800 or lower for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 04-17-2018 02:02 PM

Self Storage places

Many Self Storage areas have boats, campers, RV"s etc stored out in corner / back of those areas. You may try to touch base with them, depending on what side of the lake thou will be operating from.
Also touch base with some marinas; they may have space they can rent you to store your boat and roll in m the launch / recovery fee as well.

Dave

kawishiwi 04-17-2018 05:59 PM

Try marinas...

Quote:

Originally Posted by carterj2018 (Post 293585)
Any recommendations for cheap summer storage. Boat on trailer. I’m ok with hauling in/out. Trying to keep it $800 or lower for the season.

5 years ago I looked for the same thing and found a number of marinas that had on trailer summer storage and you could launch & take out daily for 'free' with storage payment. I think the prices were a bit more than $800, but not a lot. Can't remember any of the names other than Shep Browns. I found these in most areas of the lake.

carterj2018 04-17-2018 06:19 PM

Has anybody used Landmark Self Storage for boats? The location is right in Laconia.

ishoot308 04-17-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carterj2018 (Post 293605)
Has anybody used Landmark Self Storage for boats? The location is right in Laconia.

Have you tried Dave’s Motorboat Shoppe in Gilford. He is right near the lake and has a huge storage area. Pretty sure he can help you out...

Dan

carterj2018 04-17-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 293606)
Have you tried Dave’s Motorboat Shoppe in Gilford. He is right near the lake and has a huge storage area. Pretty sure he can help you out...

Dan

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

TiltonBB 04-18-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 293606)

Dan

The only problem with using Dave's Motorboat for storage is which ramp to use.

If you are not a Gilford resident you can't use the Glendale ramp. The closest ramp would be Silver Sands and I believe the fee there is $20. Depending upon how many times per season you will use your boat the combined cost of storage and launching may approach the cost of rack storage.

If you do use your boat a lot the idea in the above post of a marina that will allow free ramp use with paid storage might be your best option.

Barney Bear 04-18-2018 06:30 AM

Closest Ramp

Fay's Boat Yard ramp is the closest one. Ramp use fee, and I believe, temporary trailer storage nearby. 🚤