Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dog boarding/ Pet-sitting recommendations? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10402)

Long Pine 07-18-2010 06:36 PM

Dog boarding/ Pet-sitting recommendations?

I did a quick search on the forum for this and didn't find anything. We will need to be away for short periods of time (a couple long weekends) and wanted to find someone great to care for our 2-year-old Golden. We had been thinking we wanted to find a kennel that gave the dogs plenty of room to run and time to socialize with other dogs, but we would consider an in-home pet-sitter as well if they come well-recommended. He is of course part of our family and we are very particular about who we leave him with. I was hoping some of you might have recommendations. Thanks.

Slickcraft 07-18-2010 07:08 PM

Two that we have personal knowledge of:

Moonlite Kennels,
Autumn Dr. Tilton, 524-0995

and a home dog sitter
Mary O'Donnell, Rt 28 at the Barnstead/Alton line, 776-2733.

sky's 07-20-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long Pine (Post 133347)
I did a quick search on the forum for this and didn't find anything. We will need to be away for short periods of time (a couple long weekends) and wanted to find someone great to care for our 2-year-old Golden. We had been thinking we wanted to find a kennel that gave the dogs plenty of room to run and time to socialize with other dogs, but we would consider an in-home pet-sitter as well if they come well-recommended. He is of course part of our family and we are very particular about who we leave him with. I was hoping some of you might have recommendations. Thanks.

hello Long Pine my wife does pet sitting and Meadow Pond could give you a good recomendation or simply give her a call her name is Kris we live Moultonboro and she currently has several pet owners that she provides these services for oh yeah her number is 254-9951. good luck .

donnamatrix 07-30-2010 10:45 AM

Our pet sitter

If you are in Moultonboro ... Linda Belisle is great. She has been taking care of our "kids" for 6 years.... she rocks.
476-6638

Mr. Prop-B-Gone 11-11-2010 09:41 PM

Helen White in Moultonborough is great! But you have to make reservations well in advance. Our German Shepherd Elsa really enjoys staying there. Helen takes the dogs out for walks, and lets the sociable ones play together. Helen's number is 476-2728.

Lakesrider 11-12-2010 07:41 AM

While this has been brought up again...Any idea on how much it costs for a week in a kennel or a weeks worth of pet sitting a dog.

I'd love to get another dog but I do travel a few times a year and would need to place or have someone sit a dog for a bout a week or longer each time. Sort of stops me from getting back into have a pet again. I wold love to get another shelter dog, so just wondering.

jkjoshuatree 11-12-2010 08:10 PM

Dogs Are The Best!!

1 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to agree with Long Pine. They are absolutely part of the family.:D