Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is it only me and the rain? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24588)

ushaggerb 06-22-2019 11:51 AM

Is it only me and the rain?
 
I love going out in the rain - not in thunderstorms! - in the boat, turning off the engine and just relaxing. Especially if it's a reasonably warm air temperature. Anyone else, or am I just crazy? Actually I can vouch for the crazy part, so let's just stick with "anyone else".

Music Man 06-23-2019 05:46 AM

While I'm not into motorboats, I do enjoy the quiet times. On the water or on the trail, warm or cold, light rain or snow, any time of day. It's why I live here.

It's not crazy, it's sanity itself.

ApS 06-23-2019 06:17 AM

Peace at Last?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Music Man (Post 313855)
While I'm not into motorboats, I do enjoy the quiet times. On the water or on the trail, warm or cold, light rain or snow, any time of day. It's why I live here. It's not crazy, it's sanity itself.

Even birdsong is muted in rainy times, but the rain does make for enjoyment of the peace it brings to the lake.

Strong winds yesterday, but also sunny, so I went to start a project 300-feet up in the woods. While not expecting peace on a weekend, the "Usual Suspects" couldn't be seen, but definitely could be heard. :(

Bring-on electric boats...! :idea:

C-Bass 06-23-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 313859)
Even birdsong is muted in rainy times, but the rain does make for enjoyment of the peace it brings to the lake.

Strong winds yesterday, but also sunny, so I went to start a project 300-feet up in the woods. While not expecting peace on a weekend, the "Usual Suspects" couldn't be seen, but definitely could be heard. :(

Bring-on electric boats...! :idea:

Ask and you shall receive

https://www.hinckleyyachts.com/models/dasher/dasher/

Weekend Pundit 06-23-2019 01:57 PM

Just sfter the rain
 
For me, I like being out on the lake just after the rain has stopped, and particularly after a thunderstorm. The water is calm and no one else is out there.

camp guy 06-23-2019 02:54 PM

Is it only me...
 
The electric boat by Hinckley looks so very sleek, so sleek that a passenger could "sleek" right out the entire aft end before anybody would miss him/her. I hope that the boat comes with some sort of 'tailgate' for safety sake.

SAMIAM 06-24-2019 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 313880)
The electric boat by Hinckley looks so very sleek, so sleek that a passenger could "sleek" right out the entire aft end before anybody would miss him/her. I hope that the boat comes with some sort of 'tailgate' for safety sake.

Yuh...wondering about the open transom. Seems like when you throttle down that following waves would wash right into the boat.

Dave R 06-24-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 313880)
The electric boat by Hinckley looks so very sleek, so sleek that a passenger could "sleek" right out the entire aft end before anybody would miss him/her. I hope that the boat comes with some sort of 'tailgate' for safety sake.

That's a really common design element in lobster boats which are often used in all weather, year-round. I don't think it's as dangerous as it looks.

rsmlp 06-24-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 313894)
Yuh...wondering about the open transom. Seems like when you throttle down that following waves would wash right into the boat.

Reverse could be seriously problematic.

AC2717 06-24-2019 08:41 AM

the original post sounds like a personal ad in a newspaper -

"Yes I like pina colada's and over priced champagne!!"

all kidding a side i got a couple that I wont share though lol

dickiej 06-24-2019 09:29 AM

I'm in Oregon now and out here we say there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes. Actually, I'm inland and it doesn't rain nearly as much as the coast. Long, warm (hot) sunny summers.

Dave R 06-24-2019 12:08 PM

Some of my favorite boating memories are from rainy days. My last boat was a cuddy with full camper canvas and we cruised it extensively, rain or shine. We usually spent rainy days of long cruises anchored somewhere making fancy meals on board and it was a blast.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.