Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Whiskey gin vodka or rum? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24340)

baygo 04-20-2019 02:11 PM

Whiskey gin vodka or rum?

Our application for a variance to build a distillery at Tavern 27 was approved. Please take a moment and complete this poll to help us better anticipate the alcohol preference around the lake.

joey2665 04-20-2019 02:47 PM

Too funny. 4 votes so far and one for each. :laugh:

Slickcraft 04-20-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 309969)
Our application for a variance to build a distillery at Tavern 27 was approved. Please take a moment and complete this poll to help us better anticipate the alcohol preference around the lake.

Well I suppose that Bourbon technically is a Whiskey however many other lessor spirits fall into that category. Hence I will withhold my vote:D

joey2665 04-20-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 309974)
Well I suppose that Bourbon technically is a Whiskey however many other lessor spirits fall into that category. Hence I will withhold my vote:D

I am a bourbon person myself but given the 4 choices I will always opt for any whiskey over vodka, gin or rum.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WinnisquamZ 04-20-2019 04:31 PM

Many are doing Bourbon Bars. I would vote for the Vodka. You do more with it behind the bar. You can still carry high end bourbons

chaseisland 04-20-2019 04:53 PM

Vodka on the rocks. Assuming the rocks haven't become slushy and sunk.

TheCaptain 04-21-2019 06:22 AM

Hmmmm. "All of the above" does not seem to be an option... :)

8gv 04-21-2019 07:01 AM

I wish you success in this new venture. :)

TiltonBB 04-21-2019 07:21 AM

It would seem to me that you would want to carry at least a minimum of each so that you would never have to say "We don't have that" when a patron orders a drink.

Or, was this thread started as means of free publicity for the restaurant? :yawn:

The Real BigGuy 04-21-2019 07:35 AM

Although I am a Kentucky sip’n whiskey (bourbon) guy, based on the choices I’d go with rum but more specifically a smooth toasted coconut rum.

baygo 04-21-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 310010)
It would seem to me that you would want to carry at least a minimum of each so that you would never have to say "We don't have that" when a patron orders a drink.

Or, was this thread started as means of free publicity for the restaurant? :yawn:

Tavern 27 has a full liquor license and does and will continue to maintain one of the largest selections for spirits around that lake. The addition of a distilling operation will enable us to make our own spirits. Each of the four spirit categories listed require a different procedure and different equipment. I've turned to this form to survey our immediate market and attempt to both better serve the market and establish our strategy from this point forward.

I applied for the trademark behind this idea nearly 3 years ago and yes I was aware at that time that when the cat got out of the bag it would generate free publicity. I've already had various traditional media outlets contact me with a request for an interview. I've denied all request to this point because I'm not ready for free publicity.

FlyingScot 04-21-2019 10:11 AM

Good luck!

joey2665 04-21-2019 10:39 AM

Whiskey gin vodka or rum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 310010)

If you look back this was a continuance of his permit request to the city from another thread. As Baygo states and as he has mentioned through conversation in many other threads he has been serving liquor at his restaurant inside and outside. This imo is a welcomed addition and he was just surveying what type of liquor he should distill since he received his permit. To me this isn’t advertising

Rusty 04-21-2019 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whiskey seems to be the most ordered spirit.
https://www.bevspot.com/blog/2018/08...rands-of-2018/

baygo 04-21-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 310030)
Whiskey seems to be the most ordered spirit.
https://www.bevspot.com/blog/2018/08...rands-of-2018/

Thank you Rusty. It will be interesting to see how our local market aligns with this report.

Descant 04-21-2019 11:55 AM

Whisky

I voted for whiskey since whisky was not on the list, nor is it on the statistics provided by Rusty. Thank you Rusty. Good info.
I would think that time to market would be a major consideration. If you have to age something for years before you can sell it, that requires a whole different set up and timeline plus another layer of overhead. I'd guess what you sell at your present bar is a good indicator, but, of course, good marketing can sell almost anything. Premium vodka is my second choice. When I take the tours, I politely always drink the free sample(s). Looking forward to sampling your success.

Flyfisha 04-21-2019 04:12 PM

You missed one!!

Tequila!!!!!

Pricestavern 04-22-2019 02:40 PM

All 4 (depending)

Depends on mood, time of day, temperature...
Other factors may include: Day of Week, Mood of Wife, Visa Bill Total, Distance back to my dock

winnienox 04-30-2019 09:49 PM

I vote for whiskey. My wife would vote gin but she says she’s not a big drinker so doesn’t think her vote should count as much. My daughter votes whiskey but she lives in Ohio and only visits occasionally so maybe a quarter vote for her.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

iw8surf 05-01-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyfisha (Post 310048)
Tequila!!!!!

I think Tequila MUST be made in Mexico for it to be called Tequila... Think I remember reading that somewhere

trfour 05-01-2019 01:55 PM

Alcohol is Poison to the human body.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/h...ng-health.html l

You will eventually stop drinking alcohol.
The question is, will you still have a heartbeat when you do.YES, it is that serious.

Light Breeze 05-01-2019 02:46 PM

Vodka it is!

Dad207 05-01-2019 08:37 PM

Good luck, keep this link posted with your plans.

baygo 07-17-2019 09:13 AM

I was asked in another thread for a progress report. I thought it best to answer it here.

I have ordered and paid for the still. It’s scheduled to be delivered on September 21. There is another key piece of equipment that is scheduled to be delivered sometime in the next 24 hours.

When I received the variance from the city I stated I was a year to a year and a half away. I am currently way ahead of schedule however I am not ready to change any target dates. I have red tape in front of me and have no idea how long that’ll take to deal with.

robmac 07-17-2019 09:45 AM

Good luck on your new adventure Baygo! my vote is Moonshine corn based.

JADAQ 07-17-2019 10:44 AM

Vodka for sure!

Descant 07-17-2019 12:17 PM

Thanks for the progress report. Will there be a contest for name and /or label design?

baygo 07-17-2019 12:26 PM

Pending federal approval

I already have a name and would like to put the label design out into the publics hand as a contest however the label has to be approved by the Tax and Trade Bureau. Therefore any contest would be pending their approval.

Major 07-17-2019 01:29 PM

Trademark

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 315521)
I already have a name and would like to put the label design out into the publics hand as a contest however the label has to be approved by the Tax and Trade Bureau. Therefore any contest would be pending their approval.

Hi Ray, I can help you register the trademark!

garysanfran 07-17-2019 01:51 PM

Whiskey, gin, vodka or rum...I'm a simple man...

I vote YES!

baygo 07-17-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 315526)
Hi Ray, I can help you register the trademark!

You are on my shortlist for considerations of this task. Stop by the tavern some afternoon so I can elaborate on my needs.

Major 07-17-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 315538)
You are on my shortlist for considerations of this task. Stop by the tavern some afternoon so I can elaborate on my needs.

I will be sure to do so!