Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Seeking advice on Girls sleep-away camps (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24892)

Leoskeys 08-17-2019 04:42 PM

Seeking advice on Girls sleep-away camps

Hello,
My daughter will be 11 next summer and is interested in the idea of a sleep-away camp. She loves her two weeks of daycamp at Prescott Farm in Laconia. I know there are some fantastic sleep-away camps on and near Winnipesaukee. However, since it’s her first experience of being away from her parents and brother for a long period, she would prefer only a one-week camp. In my research it looks like two weeks is the minimum. Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated!

Roy_Hobbs 08-17-2019 05:08 PM

I’m not much help with one week options but can’t say enough good things about Camp Huckins on Ossipee. Most first time campers feel the same way as your daughter. They think they can’t / don’t want to do 2 weeks then by the time you pick them up two weeks later they don’t want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Garcia 08-17-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoskeys (Post 317724)
Hello,
My daughter will be 11 next summer and is interested in the idea of a sleep-away camp. She loves her two weeks of daycamp at Prescott Farm in Laconia. I know there are some fantastic sleep-away camps on and near Winnipesaukee. However, since it’s her first experience of being away from her parents and brother for a long period, she would prefer only a one-week camp. In my research it looks like two weeks is the minimum. Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated!

I believe Camp Nokomis has a one week option -but it’s one specific week. The rest of the sessions are two weeks.

Marauder 08-17-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy_Hobbs (Post 317726)
I’m not much help with one week options but can’t say enough good things about Camp Huckins on Ossipee. Most first time campers feel the same way as your daughter. They think they can’t / don’t want to do 2 weeks then by the time you pick them up two weeks later they don’t want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

I agree Camp Huckins is wonderful. Both granddaughters have been going since they were 10 and they want to stay longer than 2 weeks.

Tallyho 08-18-2019 12:12 PM

Girls sleep-away camps

Camp Deer Run for girls, and Camp Brookwoods for boys is located on the Wolfeboro side of Alton. They are excellent "Christian" camps and have been in operation for many years. Sessions are one, two, and four weeks long and have lots of activities. I attended for Brookwoods two summers, 1959,1960. Good times!

Grant 08-19-2019 07:56 AM

Huckins in Freedom.

thinkxingu 08-19-2019 08:00 AM

Not sure Cody is one-week, but it may be the premier camp in the area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Pineedles 08-19-2019 08:13 AM

I thought Huckins was on Winni?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app