Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   One check for Motor Vehicle Registrations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18947)

LFOD 04-01-2015 07:50 AM

One check for Motor Vehicle Registrations

Received this from the town of Moultonborough this morning. Looks like a way for towns to receive a little extra money.

On April 1, 2015 the Town Clerks Office will require only One check for Motor Vehicle registrations. Prior to April you would have to make 1- check out to the Town and 1- check out to the State. Now the state and town fees are added together and you make out one check to the Town of Moultonborough.

This will be especially helpful for the boat registrations which are now being registered in the Town Clerks office as well. When you register your boat in Moultonborough the town retains the fee. If you mail it to the state, the state keeps their fee as well as the town’s fee.

If you are interested in registering your boat please look online at www.moultonborough.nh.gov for more information of call the Town Clerks Office at 603-476-2347.

upthesaukee 04-01-2015 08:08 AM

In Alton...

We registered our two vehicles and one trailer in March, and were able to write one check. We received the notification in February, and could have mailed the check into the town, and they would have processed the renewals and mailed the info back to us. However, being in a small town and knowing everyone in the Town Clerk's office, and even though I am extremely shy:rolleye1::laugh:, I didn't want to miss this opportunity to stop in personally to handle the renewal and say hi to friends.

I think it is great. I would guess that the towns can do an electronic transfer to the State, or at least write just one check per month or week to the State.

B-Laps 04-01-2015 08:36 AM

Been able to write one check in Somersworth as well since we moved there in 2012. It's convenient.

tis 04-01-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 242471)
We registered our two vehicles and one trailer in March, and were able to write one check. We received the notification in February, and could have mailed the check into the town, and they would have processed the renewals and mailed the info back to us. However, being in a small town and knowing everyone in the Town Clerk's office, and even though I am extremely shy:rolleye1::laugh:, I didn't want to miss this opportunity to stop in personally to handle the renewal and say hi to friends.

I think it is great. I would guess that the towns can do an electronic transfer to the State, or at least write just one check per month or week to the State.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gf2020 04-06-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFOD (Post 242468)
Received this from the town of Moultonborough this morning. Looks like a way for towns to receive a little extra money.

How does the town make extra money? :confused:

They still need to forward the state portion of the fee on to Concord.