Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Doctor Recommendation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18173)

lobstadanca 08-30-2014 10:15 PM

Doctor Recommendation

Hoping the Forum is a good place for this discussion!
Recently moved here (Alton) as our primary residence. Seeking recommendations for:
  • a female internal medicine doctor (affiliated with Lakes Region Hospital)
  • a dentist (accepts Delta Dental insurance)
  • a vision doctor (VSP provider)

Thanks for your help.

MDoug 08-31-2014 05:40 AM

doctors

female gp Crosby in Meredith
vision Garfinkle in Gilford

SAMIAM 08-31-2014 08:36 AM

Second to Dr Garfinkle in Gilford...also Lakes Region Dental (Dr Chandler Jones) is right around the corner.Happy with both for many years.

Jeanzb1 08-31-2014 08:43 AM

Hillary M. Conkling, M.D. at Laconia Internal Medicine, 85 Spring Street, Laconia, which is attached to Lakes Region General Hospital.

RLW 08-31-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 (Post 232400)
Hillary M. Conkling, M.D. at Laconia Internal Medicine, 85 Spring Street, Laconia, which is attached to Lakes Region General Hospital.

I second Hillary Conkling:)

Cindido 08-31-2014 11:52 AM

I've found that the closest VSP providers are located in Rochester or Laconia. Dr. Garfinkle doesn't appear on their list . Of course, you can always go to him "out-of-network". Put your zip code into their website for local providers.

winnipiseogee 08-31-2014 01:29 PM

Dr Crosby is spectacular but... You can't get in to see her. She is just too popular. My suggestion is Abbie Olden the NP in her practice. Abbie is wonderful is if its anything serious it will get bumped up to Crosby.

lobstadanca 09-01-2014 08:08 PM

Thank you

I appreciate your responses and your recommendations! I will definitely check into the ones you mention! Thank you!!

Jeanzb1 09-01-2014 08:51 PM

Dr. Hillary Conkling and Dr. Ronald Witkin at Laconia Internal Medicine are both very thorough and excellent diagnosticians. Very efficient office staff, too.

RLW 02-09-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

I second Hillary Conkling:)

First Mate 05-08-2015 12:50 PM

I took my 84 year old Mom to see Dr. Garfinkle on the recommendations I read here. She is a new resident of the Lakes Region and I am gradually finding her new physicians, etc. She has had to endure a lot of life changes in the past six months so I am always grateful when she feels comfortable with a new provider. We were very pleased with Dr. Garfinkle and with the office staff. Thanks very much to my fellow forum posters!

Smokienorm 05-08-2015 01:10 PM

Doctor Recommendations

Dr. Mary Claire Paicopolis in Gilford, near the Laconia line, has staff privileges at LRGH and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiology. She is very intense and people either love her or hate her- we love here.

Dr. Troy Schrupp (DDS) is in the Gilford Village and is excellent. I do not know what plans he might accept or if he is accepting new patients. He has the most modern and up t date office I have ever seen- does crowns on site in less than an hour, and everything is the latest in digital technology..

Dr. Andrew Garfiinkle in Gilford/Laconia is excellent as well. He did my cataracts.

I and my wife and late mother-in-law have used all of the above for nearly 3 years and never been disappointed. All were recommended to us by friends in Alton when we moved to Gilford permanently 3 years ago.

First Mate 05-26-2015 06:23 PM

Thanks very much, Smokienorm! Mom is in Meredith but Gilford is fine with us, too. I am glad to take her a reasonable distance for health providers that are the right fit.

We are looking for a dentist, but she is more comfortable with an office that offers private exam rooms (not a wide-open floor plan). Is Dr. Schrupp's office designed with private rooms? Grateful for anyone else's input, too--I've read nice things here about a number of dentists.

phoenix 05-26-2015 10:21 PM

can anyone also recommend a dermatologist in the area

Smokienorm 05-29-2015 10:18 AM

Dentist recommendation

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Mate (Post 245483)
Thanks very much, Smokienorm! Mom is in Meredith but Gilford is fine with us, too. I am glad to take her a reasonable distance for health providers that are the right fit.

We are looking for a dentist, but she is more comfortable with an office that offers private exam rooms (not a wide-open floor plan). Is Dr. Schrupp's office designed with private rooms? Grateful for anyone else's input, too--I've read nice things here about a number of dentists.

Dr. Schrupp's office is small with 2 treatment rooms-chairs, side by side with a wall separating them. He doers cleanings himself- no hygienist. He is very competent and gentle.

Smokienorm 05-29-2015 10:21 AM

Dermatologist Recommendation

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 245491)
can anyone also recommend a dermatologist in the area

Adult & Pediatric Dermatology
609 South Main Street
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire 03894
(603) 569-3376

John Chambliss- PA/Nurse Practit.

We live in Gilford but have used them for our entire family for 3 years.

Cindido 05-29-2015 12:14 PM

We second:

Adult & Pediatric Dermatology
609 South Main Street
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire 03894
(603) 569-3376

John Chambliss- PA (who will refer you to the physician if needed).