Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Center Harbor Restaurants from town docks (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26171)

missmybid 08-05-2020 02:40 PM

Center Harbor Restaurants from town docks

Hi all - What would you recommend for a restaurant that is within walking distance of the Center Harbor town docks. Must have socially distanced outdoor seating. Does not need to be full service could be lighter lunch type fare or even take-out to bring back to boat. Thank you!

Sue Doe-Nym 08-05-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmybid (Post 340828)
Hi all - What would you recommend for a restaurant that is within walking distance of the Center Harbor town docks. Must have socially distanced outdoor seating. Does not need to be full service could be lighter lunch type fare or even take-out to bring back to boat. Thank you!

Canoe. Very good food, outdoor seating, don’t know lunch schedule.

gus62 08-05-2020 02:50 PM

Rubbin Butts BBQ

jbolty 08-05-2020 03:10 PM

you can get fresh made sandwiches and a few other things at Heaths store

hd333 08-05-2020 03:19 PM

I have heard great things about the sandwiches at Gusto, directly across from the docks next to Rubbin Butts.

Red Hill Dairy for fried food.

Canoe for nice sit down meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nagigator 08-05-2020 03:20 PM

Red Hill Dari

They have picnic tables to eat at. Very clean and great food! Across the street from the docks by the gas station.

8gv 08-05-2020 06:13 PM

I second the motion for Rubbin Butts BBQ!

jeffk 08-05-2020 06:35 PM

Osteria Poggio also. Make sure you call first to check hours and "rules". Possibly reservations in some places where space is at a premium.

BroadHopper 08-06-2020 06:14 AM

Canoe

Call ahead, make reservations. They will pick you up at the docks!

baygo 08-06-2020 08:42 AM

Since take out, back to the boat, is an option I would go with Gusto. Some of the other options are good but you are paying for ambiance.

Doobs41378 08-06-2020 09:29 AM

I believe Red Hill Dari is cash only so if going there be prepared for that.

Orion 08-06-2020 03:37 PM

Yes

I third the vote for Rubbin' Butts. If they have the smoked pastrami that day....get it!

Smoked Brisket is also my fave.

thinkxingu 08-06-2020 04:29 PM

Just came to say that I've been to Rubbin' Butts thrice this summer, and it's been meh every time. Ribs aren't meaty, skimpy on the brisket...

I'm not sure if I've been spoiled, but I'm not overly impressed. At least, not enough to be, like, "totes check out Rubbin' Butts" and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Cobalt 25 01-18-2021 10:33 PM

We were very pleasantly surprised by Gusto. The whole place seemed authentic, even though I've never been to Italy!

The staff was pleasant and knowledgable, prices were reasonable, and the food was excellent.

We were there in August and hope they are still doing well.

Biggd 01-19-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobalt 25 (Post 349337)
We were very pleasantly surprised by Gusto. The whole place seemed authentic, even though I've never been to Italy!

The staff was pleasant and knowledgable, prices were reasonable, and the food was excellent.

We were there in August and hope they are still doing well.

Do they have tables or is it strictly take out?

Blyblvrd 01-19-2021 04:56 PM

Tables and take-out. Food is outstanding as is Elena and Nick the owners. They make an amazing Italian breakfast sandwich too.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Winilyme 01-19-2021 05:10 PM

Great place

Very nice place...atmosphere is comfortable/friendly and the food is innovative and fresh. It isn't the cheapest place on the planet but I'll gladly pay a bit extra for the original experience they offer. Also, a game changer for us is that they offer numerous vegetarian options; a requirement for my wife.

Cobalt 25 01-19-2021 05:11 PM

It's almost supper time and I'm hungry but when you mentioned Gusto's breakfast sandwiches it made me hungrier. I had forgotten that's what I had and it was deelish.

Trail Goer 01-20-2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 340955)
Just came to say that I've been to Rubbin' Butts thrice this summer, and it's been meh every time. Ribs aren't meaty, skimpy on the brisket...

I'm not sure if I've been spoiled, but I'm not overly impressed. At least, not enough to be, like, "totes check out Rubbin' Butts" and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Although I love the name, I've never been there myself. Before getting my own smoker, my wife and I would go to the Yankee Smoke House in W. Ossipee for our BBQ fix. We still go their, just not as often.

Janet 01-20-2021 10:28 AM

Center Harbor Diner

I'm surprised nobody has mention the Center Harbor Diner. Just a short walk from the town docks. Great breakfast and nice people.

Red Hill Dari for their clam roll. Yum!

sum-r breeze 01-26-2021 01:22 PM

Love the Smoke House!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail Goer (Post 349381)
Although I love the name, I've never been there myself. Before getting my own smoker, my wife and I would go to the Yankee Smoke House in W. Ossipee for our BBQ fix. We still go their, just not as often.

I was wearing one of their long sleeve tees in the Orlando Airport a few years back. (Big pig on the back with the "We will sell no swine before it's time" logo) Someone immediately came up and started to tell me about how much they loved and missed being in New Hampshire. They said they went to the Yankee Smokehouse all the time. GREAT food!!
The Breeze

dpg 01-26-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail Goer (Post 349381)

Yeah but quite a walk from Center Harbor! :D