Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Life of Riley (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17318)

Retired Ole Guy 04-03-2014 01:41 PM

Life of Riley

1 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to my first boat ride:D

jetlag100 04-03-2014 03:30 PM

So precious!

Bear Island South 04-03-2014 04:00 PM

What a beautiful pup...and a great name we have a black lab named Riley.

Greene's Basin Girl 04-03-2014 04:59 PM

Riley is adorable!

salty dog 04-03-2014 05:43 PM

Riley is as cute as they get! I'll bet they'll lots of fun times ahead.

MeredithMan 04-04-2014 11:26 AM

I hope you have a big boat!

...He looks like he will be a big boy!

MM

BaileyBecca 04-04-2014 12:41 PM

Welcome and best wishes to your new friend!

Tired of Waiting 04-04-2014 01:29 PM

When he grows up...

you gona need a bigger boat captain!

Cute pup, but the feet tell the story of how big he is going to be.

ToW

Retired Ole Guy 04-04-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting (Post 222162)
you gona need a bigger boat captain!

Cute pup, but the feet tell the story of how big he is going to be.

ToW

For Sure. He was 27 lbs in that picture at 8 weeks. At 16 weeks he is 62 lbs of solid muscle as the vet says. We expect him to go about 150-160 when he gets full grown. Actually his father is from a Kennel near Tilton NH and his Mother is from Hampton,NH so he is a NH Native.;)

Greene's Basin Girl 04-04-2014 09:50 PM

Since he is a NH native I bet he doesn't pronounce his rrrrr's.

Rusty 04-05-2014 06:18 AM

I really like dogs and have always wanted a St Bernard but because of their size I really don't have the land or living quarters for one.

That being said, why did you pick the St Bernard as a pet. I know we all have our preferences for everything in our life, but what made you pick one of the biggest dogs to own?

Thank you

Retired Ole Guy 04-05-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 222185)
I really like dogs and have always wanted a St Bernard but because of their size I really don't have the land or living quarters for one.

That being said, why did you pick the St Bernard as a pet. I know we all have our preferences for everything in our life, but what made you pick one of the biggest dogs to own?

Thank you

We picked a St. Bernard for a couple of reasons. First they are an absolutely great family and people dog. Riley is a happy go lucky dog that prefers spending time with us. As I write he is sleeping upside down between my wife and me. As for me personally he is my retirement buddy. My wife and son go off to work and school and we party hearty by going for walks and coffee and stuff. He really is great company although I am not sure he really listens to me when I talk while we walk. And we figured if you gonna get a Dog might as well be a big one that really is very quiet. He rarely barks outside and only barks in the house when he wants to go out and do his business ( very easy to housebreak by the way)or when he is thirsty he stands in front of the sink and barks.

Actually they are not that much in need of space or land. We live in a decent sized house with a half acre lot and he is quite happy with that. As he gets older he will become somewhat of a furry rug that sleeps a lot and has his walks and sun time on the deck chewing on his nylon bone.

I had one as a kid growing up in Dorchester, Ma. We were inseparable. He actually made a trip to Yellowstone Park in the late 60"s with my Parents and I in a 1967 Olds Vista cruiser where he was a huge hit. He got more pics taken of him than Old Faithful.

All in all he is just a good fit for us and our lifestyle which is kind of laidback and free styling.:cool:

Greene's Basin Girl 04-05-2014 02:44 PM

You sound like the absolute perfect dog owner. An added plus is that you can be with each other each and every day. What a perfect win win. Riley gets a wonderful home and you get a wonderful buddy. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty 04-05-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retired Ole Guy (Post 222199)
We picked a St. Bernard for a couple of reasons. First they are an absolutely great family and people dog. Riley is a happy go lucky dog that prefers spending time with us. As I write he is sleeping upside down between my wife and me. As for me personally he is my retirement buddy. My wife and son go off to work and school and we party hearty by going for walks and coffee and stuff. He really is great company although I am not sure he really listens to me when I talk while we walk. And we figured if you gonna get a Dog might as well be a big one that really is very quiet. He rarely barks outside and only barks in the house when he wants to go out and do his business ( very easy to housebreak by the way)or when he is thirsty he stands in front of the sink and barks.

Actually they are not that much in need of space or land. We live in a decent sized house with a half acre lot and he is quite happy with that. As he gets older he will become somewhat of a furry rug that sleeps a lot and has his walks and sun time on the deck chewing on his nylon bone.

I had one as a kid growing up in Dorchester, Ma. We were inseparable. He actually made a trip to Yellowstone Park in the late 60"s with my Parents and I in a 1967 Olds Vista cruiser where he was a huge hit. He got more pics taken of him than Old Faithful.

All in all he is just a good fit for us and our lifestyle which is kind of laidback and free styling.:cool:

Riley has found a good home and you have found a good companion to enjoy your retirement with. Thank you for the excellent explanation as to why you got him.

Rattlesnake Gal 04-07-2014 08:50 AM

Gorgeous!

Congratulations to you and your family!!! St. Bernard's are incredible dogs. :D

Retired Ole Guy 04-10-2014 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
\
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 222314)
Congratulations to you and your family!!! St. Bernard's are incredible dogs. :D

Thanks He has grown a tad since he came home:eek:

Retired Ole Guy 05-13-2014 03:14 PM

Life of Riley

1 Attachment(s)
I am STILL waiting for my first Boat ride Sigh I hope to get on it before I out grow the boat