Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting Here (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Concord to Logan by Bus? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28031)

bigdog 06-11-2022 08:07 AM

Concord to Logan by Bus?

Considering taking the bus from Concord to Logan, to avoid driving myself, traffic and parking.....

Has anyone taken the Concord Coach Lines bus from Concord to Logan ?
How is the service, and are they on schedule.

Thanks !

garysanfran 06-11-2022 08:44 AM

I've taken Concord Coach from Meredith many times to Logan.

Always, was excellent.

TheTimeTraveler 06-11-2022 08:48 AM

I used to use it all the time prior to Covid. They definitely run exactly on time, and the service was comfortable and excellent.

It's nice to sit back, use the internet, relax, and let someone else do that awful drive to Boston and Logan Airport.

BroadHopper 06-11-2022 09:44 AM

Concord to Logan

Worth the drive. Comfortable, clean, and on time. Parking in Concord is free!

Sue Doe-Nym 06-11-2022 10:13 AM

Parking in Concord is free for 3weeks, unless that has changed.

TiltonBB 06-11-2022 04:01 PM

Concord Coach is very good and they travel about as fast as traffic will allow. The travel time is not much different than a car. The buses have wifi so I usually take my laptop out and the time passes quickly.

The only downside, if you consider it that, is they stop at South Station for about 15 minutes going to and from Logan. The C&J Dover, Newburyport bus goes directly to and from Logan with no stops.

upthesaukee 06-11-2022 08:20 PM

C & J parking

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 371685)
Concord Coach is very good and they travel about as fast as traffic will allow. The travel time is not much different than a car. The buses have wifi so I usually take my laptop out and the time passes quickly.

The only downside, if you consider it that, is they stop at South Station for about 15 minutes going to and from Logan. The C&J Dover, Newburyport bus goes directly to and from Logan with no stops.

C & J Dover bus, at least back in January, only went to South Station. Portsmouth bus goes to Logan and has one stop in Seabrook. Newburyport station has been replaced by Seabrook. Dover and Portsmouth parking is currently free, Seabrook parking is not free. Expect to have to park in the overflow lot at Portsmouth. If you get to park close to the terminal, also buy a lottery ticket, because that day is truly your lucky day.

C & J has more trips to Logan daily than Concord Coach.

Dave

TiltonBB 06-11-2022 09:26 PM

My bad Dave. The last time I took the C&J bus they had moved the terminal from Newburyport to Seabrook. I forgot that.

jeffk 06-12-2022 05:11 AM

It was a nice ride but I would leave yourself a little extra time, just in case. Last year, on the way home, the driver kept getting a tire overheat warning light. We had to stop to let the tires cool down. If that had happened on the way down it would have cost us an extra 30 minutes or so. Going down, we had left time for lunch at the airport so it would have been fine, a quick lunch instead of a relaxed time at Legal Seafood but the point is, and true in general, don't time things too tightly.

This is NOT to ding the bus company. Cars can have mechanical problems too.

And, we made two stops on the way down. South Station and one other. We lost time going in at South Station when a passenger family had problems paying for their fair. It took 15 minutes for them to work things out. The driver was NOT happy.

Janet 06-13-2022 09:58 AM

I use Concord Coach every year traveling from Logan to Center Harbor roundtrip. The bus is always clean and drivers friendly. Easy to find the bus at Logan and a nice ride through all that traffic.

loonguy 09-22-2022 03:23 PM

Catalytic Converter Stolen from Concord Coach Parking Lot

We have used Concord Coach and parked in the Concord parking lot for many years to reach Boston Logan without incident. When we returned on Tuesday evening, however, the catalytic converter had been removed from our vehicle. The replacement cost will exceed $1,000.

We are now looking for options that do not include parking in the Concord Coach parking lot.

garysanfran 09-22-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loonguy (Post 376735)
We have used Concord Coach and parked in the Concord parking lot for many years to reach Boston Logan without incident. When we returned on Tuesday evening, however, the catalytic converter had been removed from our vehicle. The replacement cost will exceed $1,000.

We are now looking for options that do not include parking in the Concord Coach parking lot.

I assume you notified the police?

loonguy 09-22-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 376737)
I assume you notified the police?

I will once I have the final repair information.

garysanfran 09-22-2022 07:13 PM

I'm sure the Concord PD have had this as a continued problem. They may know where these are brought to be sold. Early notification may help in recovery and arrest.

TheTimeTraveler 09-22-2022 07:23 PM

Doesn't that parking lot have video camera surveillance? If so, you may want to check with Concord Trailways to begin with........

loonguy 09-23-2022 07:04 AM

Concord Coach reports they do have surveillance cameras and will make the video available to the police. The person I talked to said she did not know about the history of any prior thefts. I have contacted the Concord Police.

loonguy 09-23-2022 08:00 AM

The Concord Police Officer I talked to said there were two other incidents of such thefts at the Concord Coach parking lot that he investigated just last week, so far without success. My solution for the future probably will be taking a car service so I will no longer need to park there.

LikeLakes 09-23-2022 09:41 AM

This has become a huge problem, it is fast and easy to remove cats and scrap value is very high. I know a few businesses that have had multiple ones stolen in their private lots. Where were you parked, in the overflow lot or down toward the far end of the main lot? Both of those are kind of out of sight and sound of the main terminal area. The last few times I've parked there it's been hard to find a spot reasonably close to the terminal, which would be a safer bet.

loonguy 09-23-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeLakes (Post 376763)
This has become a huge problem, it is fast and easy to remove cats and scrap value is very high. I know a few businesses that have had multiple ones stolen in their private lots. Where were you parked, in the overflow lot or down toward the far end of the main lot? Both of those are kind of out of sight and sound of the main terminal area. The last few times I've parked there it's been hard to find a spot reasonably close to the terminal, which would be a safer bet.

I was parked at the far end of the lot (about four cars before the end) on the same side of the road as the terminal.

pondguy 09-23-2022 09:51 AM

I would hope insurance would cover this?

upthesaukee 09-23-2022 10:09 AM

It would...

It would be covered under Comprehensive coverage, subject to the deductible.

Dave

TiltonBB 09-23-2022 11:19 AM

I have left a vehicle in Concord many times, sometimes for months. Maybe no more.

This is a big enough problem that the scrap metal industry should be treated like the pawn shops. If you bring something in you should have to show a license, and pictures of you and the scrap metal should be taken.

When one person comes in and drops multiple catalytic converters at the pawn shop the people buying them aren't stupid.

There are too many thefts of items like copper and other valuable materials going on.

garysanfran 09-23-2022 01:25 PM

Several states are addressing this problem in many way....New Hampshire is one of thirteen that is not.

"According to the NICB, 13 states are not considering any type of legislation regarding catalytic converter thefts. They are Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, and Wyoming."

Requiring proper ID of those selling is one solution. Not buying a converter not connected to a car, is another. Requiring new cars to have their converters stamped with a VIN and prohibiting it's sale if said VIN is missing is another.

And New Hampshire is doing nothing.