Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mitsubishi Splits (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25073)

Lakemamma 10-10-2019 10:27 AM

Mitsubishi Splits

Does anyone know of anyone that services the
Mitsubishi Splits? I called a few places and they said if they didn't install them they won't work on them. We just want to ge them serviced for winter to make sure they are all set. Thanks.

Biggd 10-10-2019 10:33 AM

Try calling Kevin at The Heat Geek in Belmont.

WinnisquamZ 10-10-2019 11:24 AM

Having owned four units over the past six years I must say service is minimal at most. Clear the outside units of debris and verify no mice are present. Past history. The inside head units can be vacuumed. I pull the batteries from the controller. That’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TiltonBB 10-10-2019 11:27 AM

I just had work on one completed by Al Terry Plumbing and Heating. It was not a unit that they installed. The work was good and the person who serviced it was great.

Wifi-1 10-10-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 320922)
I just had work on one completed by Al Terry Plumbing and Heating. It was not a unit that they installed. The work was good and the person who serviced it was great.

Did you hear Al's mother shouting out the window ? :)

Lakemamma 10-10-2019 12:24 PM

Thank you eveyone for your quick responses. I appreciate it. They seem like they are low maintenance but would hate for anything to go wrong come this winter.

garysanfran 10-10-2019 04:58 PM

I was told by my installer...

Highly regarded, that they need no service for a winter prep.

If you had yours "serviced", what did they do?

BroadHopper 10-11-2019 05:56 AM

EnergySavers in Belmont

Is a factory approved installer. Don't they service?

GodSmile 10-11-2019 06:47 AM

Energy Savers

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 320957)
Is a factory approved installer. Don't they service?

They do service, although I'm not sure if they service units they did not install. I have had excellent experience with them.

ishoot308 10-11-2019 07:02 AM

I would check with Home Energy also..

Dan

TiltonBB 10-11-2019 07:22 AM

Servicing

I have a system with three heads in a rental house. Although the filters were cleaned regularly, and they were vacuumed as much as is possible, all three heads seemed to be putting out very small black dirt pieces.

Energy Savers cleaned them and said they were just very dirty inside. That cleaning solved the issue but I think I will have them come every 3 or 4 years and do it again. (Or, I could wait until they start spitting dirt again)

ishoot308 10-11-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 320963)
I have a system with three heads in a rental house. Although the filters were cleaned regularly, and they were vacuumed as much as is possible, all three heads seemed to be putting out very small black dirt pieces.

Energy Savers cleaned them and said they were just very dirty inside. That cleaning solved the issue but I think I will have them come every 3 or 4 years and do it again. (Or, I could wait until they start spitting dirt again)

BB, Just an FYI...if splits are used year round they should be serviced yearly. If seasonal, every other year.

Home energy’s servicing on splits is second to none! They are very meticulous in their cleaning and all techs follow the exact same procedure. I always recommend them when possible.

Dan

swnoel 10-11-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 320963)

Every 3-4 years is about right. Most people have no idea the evaporator has to be cleaned. That black crap builds up on the fan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWloOwMqW4E

Wifi-1 10-11-2019 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took mine out this spring...... Surprise !!!

Lakemamma 10-11-2019 05:10 PM

Thank you everyone for you help. And actually that's the first company I called was Energy Savers and the person that answered the phone was not very helpful and said nope if we didnt install we don't service them and I asked him for names and he said don't know. But that's ok as I definitely will be able to find someone now with all of your help. Thank you!