Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Hampshire court upholds women’s topless conviction (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24175)

webmaster 02-08-2019 02:11 PM

New Hampshire court upholds women’s topless conviction

Looks like this happened at Weirs Beach. Comments?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/02...-topless-case/

Biggd 02-08-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 307228)

Looking at the picture, that should ABSOLUTELY be outlawed. :eek:

MAXUM 02-08-2019 02:25 PM

Saw that earlier today - although it was initially reported incorrectly on FOX 25's website out of Boston suggesting the opposite outcome. That was quickly corrected.

Other than that - I fail to understand why some people feel the need to engage in behavior publicly that is widely considered inappropriate.

Skip 02-08-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks Don, I am glad to see you keeping abreast of this situation!;)

thinkxingu 02-08-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 307230)
I fail to understand why some people feel the need to engage in behavior publicly that is widely considered inappropriate.

It was once widely considered inappropriate for whites and blacks to share water fountains. Good thing we didn't leave progress up to you.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

MAXUM 02-08-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 307233)
It was once widely considered inappropriate for whites and blacks to share water fountains. Good thing we didn't leave progress up to you.

With all due respect there is a BIG difference between sanctioning what is akin to public nudity and shameful racist segregation.

That's just a dumb thing to say. Furthermore that has absolutely no place on a forum like this. PERIOD.

TiltonBB 02-08-2019 03:40 PM

What standards

Let me see if I have this right: No gender discrimination.

The women want to be treated as equal to men when it comes to clothing and what needs covering.

But when they want to apply for jobs as police officers, firefighters, or the military they want the physical standards lowered because they are different.

OK. I understand.

TiltonBB 02-08-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

It did. Memorial Day 2016.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...453fe351c.html

kawishiwi 02-08-2019 04:01 PM

Oops

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 307236)
With all due respect there is a BIG difference between sanctioning what is akin to public nudity and shameful racist segregation.

That's just a dumb thing to say. Furthermore that has absolutely no place on a forum like this. PERIOD.

'think' did not say a dumb thing. You did say an immature thing back to him. Can't wait to hear your response.

Major 02-08-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 307229)
Looking at the picture, that should ABSOLUTELY be outlawed. :eek:

Yikes! No wonder why she lost!

thinkxingu 02-08-2019 04:14 PM

I would also just say, for the record, that all the comments here, and on the article's comment thread, berating this woman's appearance are despicable.

Major 02-08-2019 04:32 PM

With all due respect, she put herself in the public view, so to speak. If I did the same thing, I would expect nothing less of people making fun of my appearance. We live in a nation of laws, not a nation of men (and women), and societal norms are often legislated, such as this particular law. To liken this ugly, tatted up hag to Susan Anthony, MLK, Jr., Mildred Loving, Rosa Parks, etc., is a slight against those who took up legitimate civil rights efforts. She's nothing but a publicity hound looking for her 15 minutes of fame, which expired 20 minutes ago.

MAXUM 02-08-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawishiwi (Post 307242)
'think' did not say a dumb thing. You did say an immature thing back to him. Can't wait to hear your response.

Sorry won't dignify that with any response.

codeman671 02-08-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Do you feel that their actions at the beach were justified? Would you want your children subjected to it? Personally I would not. In other parts of the world it may be acceptable but here it isn't.

This has nothing to do with her appearance either.

TheProfessor 02-08-2019 05:46 PM

Other cultures allow this.

No one here ever been to a beach or even a pool in Europe?

We can thank the Puritans for all of this. God Bless them !

jeffk 02-08-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Gee Don, I'm surprised that you would be the one to stir up a hornet's nest on the forum. :laugh:

thinkxingu 02-08-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 307249)
Do you feel that their actions at the beach were justified? Would you want your children subjected to it? Personally I would not. In other parts of the world it may be acceptable but here it isn't.

Oh, no--the CHILDREN!!! What will we ever do if we have to educate them about body parts and respect and individuality and honesty and...

I've got 6 and 8-year-old kids, one of each sex, and I'd be comfortable explaining to both that the women are fighting for something they believe in and you know why? Because teaching my kids about double standards and self respect and body comfort and personal ownership is something I already do. I see the bullsh!t results of those parents who don't in the anxious, self-conscious students who filter through my high school classroom every day.

I mean, for real--read this: "The Laconia law on indecent exposure bans sex and nudity in public but singles out women by prohibiting the 'showing of female breast with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple.'"

We're talking about a half-dollar-sized piece of darker skin. A cone that some psycho Puritan arbitrarily decided was off-limits and offensive. A cone that every male on the planet can show with impunity.

Awesome.

ApS 02-08-2019 08:58 PM

Don't Go to "The Daily Beast" for Photos!

In the selfless interest of ferreting the truth for the forum :D I've done some research. The effort was started in 2015, and not just in Laconia, but also in Hampton Beach.

Maybe all you need to know:
Quote:

Gilles Bissonnette, the legal director at the ACLU of New Hampshire...said he was disappointed with the ruling.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 307253)
Gee Don, I'm surprised that you would be the one to stir up a hornet's nest on the forum. :laugh:

Some might find the topic titillating. :)

Quote:

The plaintiffs have a GoFundMe site, so those supporting "progress" may contribute. :rolleye2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 307244)
I would also just say, for the record, that all the comments here, and on the article's comment thread, berating this woman's appearance are despicable.

Not her fault—it's gravity and age. The Boston Herald photo is doing her an injustice. Looking back just four years, one can see that she has one less layer of underarm fat.
:look:

Rusty 02-08-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 307249)

Breastfed children grow up seeing their mothers’ breasts, and it doesn’t seem to affect them adversely.

Descant 02-08-2019 11:08 PM

discrimination?

Yes, of course there is gender discximination. If I puled my shorts down in public I could get branded as a "sex offender", be restricted as to where I could live, register with the police, etc, etc. What do the ladies get? nothing like the men.
There are so many important issues...
I really have a problem understanding why it is important to be (partially) naked in public when you can be fully naked in your backyard or on the roof of your apartment building.
Unnecessary thread, Don.

codeman671 02-09-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 307255)
Oh, no--the CHILDREN!!! What will we ever do if we have to educate them about body parts and respect and individuality and honesty and...

I've got 6 and 8-year-old kids, one of each sex, and I'd be comfortable explaining to both that the women are fighting for something they believe in and you know why? Because teaching my kids about double standards and self respect and body comfort and personal ownership is something I already do. I see the bullsh!t results of those parents who don't in the anxious, self-conscious students who filter through my high school classroom every day.

I mean, for real--read this: "The Laconia law on indecent exposure bans sex and nudity in public but singles out women by prohibiting the 'showing of female breast with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple.'"

We're talking about a half-dollar-sized piece of darker skin. A cone that some psycho Puritan arbitrarily decided was off-limits and offensive. A cone that every male on the planet can show with impunity.

Awesome.

Pretty funny coming from the person who is terrified to have guns near our school to protect our children if I remember correctly... Tell ya what..you bend on really keeping our our children physically safe and you can have all the nipples you want.:D

I am not opposed to breasts, I just don’t think that Weirs Beach is the place. I never said anything about being against equality. There are nude beaches for this. At least one in Mass.

thinkxingu 02-09-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 307264)
Pretty funny coming from the person who is terrified to have guns near our school to protect our children if I remember correctly... Tell ya what..you bend on really keeping our our children physically safe and you can have all the nipples you want.:D

I am not opposed to breasts, I just don’t think that Weirs Beach is the place. I never said anything about being against equality. There are nude beaches for this. At least one in Mass.

Deadly weapons in the hands of un/minimally trained educators vs. exposure to a natural body part that kids see most of their childhoods and on 50% of the population forever.

When you've a moment, would you kindly cite your statistics for school shootings carried out by nipples? But only women's nipples, because those are clearly the more dangerous.

Even more awesome.

codeman671 02-09-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 307266)
Deadly weapons in the hands of un/minimally trained educators vs. the exposure to a natural body part.

When you've a moment, would you kindly cite your statistics for school shootings carried out by nipples?

Even more awesome.

Who is the child here?? I guess we know now with that response. You have your political view and I have mine. Making stupid comparisons like that proves my point.

Talk about twisting things around. Untrained people don’t need to be handed guns to protect our children, but training is available to equip educators, or security staff (doesn’t even have to be a teacher) with the knowledge needed. Next you will be looking to protect our children with pixie sticks and magic dust.

Sorry for derailing the thread

Maybe you should watch Austin Powers. They can be dangerous...

thinkxingu 02-09-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 307268)
Making stupid comparisons like that proves my point.

Hahahaha...for real?!

#makenipplesgreatagain

8gv 02-09-2019 09:02 AM

In our culture it is not cool for ladies to go topless except in a very small number of clothing optional locations.

That's our cultural norm.

The ordinance absolutely descriminates based on gender.

An ordinance like this will eventually reach the Supreme Court and be overturned.

After that I would expect to see very few ladies going topless.

TheRoBoat 02-09-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 307271)
An ordinance like this will eventually reach the Supreme Court and be overturned.

This may be the case.

codeman671 02-09-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

I completely agree. Once there is no longer a need to be the stand out and prove a point, this will fade away and probably still be a rarity. Then it will flip and those women will feel objectified and harassed when some creeper is taking pictures of them in the public place they asked to walk around exposed in.

I have 2 boys in catholic school, and a daughter in a catholic college. In this setting our children are a bit more sheltered than in public school. It is a diverse community by race. Our kids no nothing of race or gender discrimination. All are equal. The boys are taught both there and at home to respect women and be good citizens. The norm for women is not to walk around topless.
Maybe some people should think that there others that may not appreciate it in a family environment and take it elsewhere. Personally for me i don’t care, let them fly. But I don’t need my kids exposed to it when all they want to do is get off the boat and go for an ice cream or a few video games.

Weirs Beach is a family destination in the area. Laconia is simply trying to keep it that way. Some may choose a different place to go, hurting local businesses if they allowed it. Allow it during bike week for all I care. My kids won’t be there.
Hell maybe I would go then! :laugh:

codeman671 02-09-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

This made Fox News nationally this morning as well.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-hamps...less-ordinance

thinkxingu 02-09-2019 09:39 AM

Alright, now we're having a conversation. The thing that will dictate whether or not women go topless will revolve around how they feel about their bodies and how society makes them feel about their bodies. As we've seen in this thread--and if anyone read the comments on that linked article--men (and women to a much lesser extent) are brutal when it comes to judging women and making them feel badly about their bodies.

Like so many other aspects of femininity--PDAs, clothing and swimsuit coverage, profanity, etc.--covering breasts will eventually fade. My contention is that millennials and GenZs are already ready, it's the Baby Boomers holding it back.

It's all Pavlovian.

Outdoorsman 02-09-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

This......

Joebon 02-09-2019 10:42 AM

I can say for certainty that I don’t want to see Codeman or Maxium topless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinkxingu 02-09-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joebon (Post 307282)

My current dad-bod's no temple right now, either!

codeman671 02-09-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joebon (Post 307282)

Never know until ya try it! This 47 year old dad bod is over the top (of my scale’s capacity that is).

Mr. V 02-09-2019 02:47 PM

Too bad the court lacked the courage to make a fair decision.

Men and women both have chests with nipples; women's look a bit different perhaps but we all have them, so why prohibit women from allowing theirs to be visible?

Legally, in all fairness, it makes no sense.

I understand the rationale for it as it does seem to reflect current cultural norms but those norms are skewed, skewed, skewed.

The fixation men have with a woman's chest is laughably ridiculous.

Get with the program, people, and just level the playing field.

Jeanzb1 02-10-2019 10:41 AM

Next thing you know they will want to go topless in stores and everywhere else. NOT COOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 02-10-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 (Post 307323)
Next thing you know they will want to go topless in stores and everywhere else. NOT COOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

"Old Man Warner snorted. "Pack of crazy fools," he said. "Listening to the young folks, nothing's good enough for them. Next thing you know, they'll be wanting to go back to living in caves, nobody work any more, live that way for a while. Used to be a saying about 'Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon.' First thing you know, we'd all be eating stewed chickweed and acorns. There's always been a lottery," he added petulantly."

Rusty 02-10-2019 01:04 PM

I've seen some men with boobs bigger than a lot of women have, should they be banned from going topless?

Biggd 02-10-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 307328)
I've seen some men with boobs bigger than a lot of women have, should they be banned from going topless?

YES! :laugh:

Top-Water 02-10-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 307328)

Manzier :emb::emb:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8YIbhJhH7s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Descant 02-10-2019 02:05 PM

"I don't Look Good Naked Anymore"

"I Don't Look Good Naked Anymore" Snake Oil Wilie Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

Rusty 02-10-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 307337)
"I Don't Look Good Naked Anymore" Snake Oil Wilie Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

He doesn't look good with his clothes on anymore either :laugh::laugh::eek:

garysanfran 02-10-2019 02:37 PM

San Francisco public nudity...

A few years ago, the progressive thinkers in Bagdhad-by-the-Bay, decided to allow public nudity...Naked on buses, public buildings, restaurants...anywhere!

"We were born naked, and we have our rights"! And the "leaders" agreed.

It became difficult to enforce public indecency laws like exposing oneself to little girls waiting at a school bus stop.

People going to restaurants refused to sit on a seat that had been occupied by a naked person...So they amended the law to require towels be placed on public seats before allowing contact with a naked derriere.

My girlfriend was sitting in a standing-room-only bus when a naked guy got on and stood in front of her...A visual I can do without!

Tour buses started going through The Castro to view a small park where the "nakeds" gathered for morning coffee and played cards all day. The Board-of-Sups later passed a law prohibiting tour buses in that area.

Two years later they got rid of the law and the politicos that sponsored it..i.e. Scott Weiner, deny having had anything to do with it. Try as you can, you can't publicly identify the idiots that sponsored this thing. Whitewashed and bleached well!

Scott Weiner has gone on to become Senator.

Karmala Harris, Gavin Newsom both supported the law, then.

MAXUM 02-10-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 307339)
A

Karmala Harris, Gavin Newsom both supported the law, then.

I'm quite sure that Ms. Harris will not be asked by the MSM to opine on the merits of public nudity during this presidential cycle. One would think that she would be quite proud of her support of such legislation being the good "progressive" heavyweight that she is. It clearly was beneficial to the residents of San Francisco.

I too ponder how this falls on Ms Pelosi's "morality" meter considering these are her constituents?

Rusty 02-10-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 307341)

I too ponder how this falls on Ms Pelosi's "morality" meter considering these are her constituents?

Morality meter???
"I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****. You can do anything."

Outdoorsman 02-10-2019 04:09 PM

Would it be a First.....

..If Webmaster had to lock his own thread :eek:

Seaplane Pilot 02-10-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 307343)
Morality meter???
"I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****. You can do anything."

Straight out of Bill Clinton’s playbook. Thank you for reminding me.

Rusty 02-10-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 307346)
Straight out of Bill Clinton’s playbook. Thank you for reminding me.

:offtopic: :laugh::laugh:

Crusty 02-10-2019 10:00 PM

A few years ago, as the wife and I were headed to Alton via Vermont, we noticed an older gentleman standing next to the road, fly fishing, as God intended. While I understand that this is quite acceptable behavior in Vermont, I would be a bit concerned about a fishhook whipping around me. We were amused, although not aesthetically pleased.

The experience did reveal why the good people of Vermont keep sending Bernie back to Washington; There's less chance of seeing him fly-fishing back home. :laugh:

MAXUM 02-11-2019 08:34 AM

Gives a whole new meaning to "taking the scenic route" huh? ;)

Phantom 02-11-2019 09:52 AM

The more I read through this thread the more I am convinced that many have never been beyond the borders of this country & for some I wonder if beyond the State line!

In many other parts of this globe, topless (on beaches) is considered natural and no one- other than the Americans- can be found staring or making lewd remarks. In these same cultures - it is also INPROPER to leave those beaches without a "cover-up".

So to those of you who are aghast by this -- as a travel tip, NEVER go to a French island in the Caribbean, nor the So Pacific and you best stay away from ANY beach that borders on the Mediterranean (regardless of Country).

Biggd 02-11-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 307367)
The more I read through this thread the more I am convinced that many have never been beyond the borders of this country & for some I wonder if beyond the State line!

In many other parts of this globe, topless (on beaches) is considered natural and no one- other than the Americans- can be found staring or making lewd remarks. In these same cultures - it is also INPROPER to leave those beaches without a "cover-up".

So to those of you who are aghast by this -- as a travel tip, NEVER go to a French island in the Caribbean, nor the So Pacific and you best stay away from ANY beach that borders on the Mediterranean (regardless of Country).

There are a lot of customs in other countries that we don't have here. That doesn't mean we have to adopt them. :confused:

Orion 02-11-2019 11:27 AM

On the upside

If we could get appealing women to participate, and occupy the part of the beach near the Weirs Channel, we could solve the no-wake problem. :D

Descant 02-11-2019 11:56 AM

Hijack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 307370)
If we could get appealing women to participate, and occupy the part of the beach near the Weirs Channel, we could solve the no-wake problem. :D

There's a no wake problem in the Channel?
Back closer to the OP. In Laconia, topless on the beach is not allowed. Is a similar ordinance in effect for artistic dancers? Female and Male?

Major 02-11-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 307367)
The more I read through this thread the more I am convinced that many have never been beyond the borders of this country & for some I wonder if beyond the State line!.

So what? Are you better because you traveled to Europe or the Caribbean. My parents, grandparents and brothers never traveled outside the U.S. and Canada. Are you implying that you are a better, more worldly, more cultured, more well-read than them? It's this type of arrogance and elitism that drives me crazy.

I've spent a fair amount of time in Europe and in the Caribbean, and you know what, the U.S. is a more safer, more polite, more cultured so to speak place to live. Changing our American culture isn't progressive, it's regressive. Our value system works for us, and I'm sick and tired of us being forced to change all because it's tolerated in Europe or somewhere else in the world.

MAXUM 02-11-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 307376)
I've spent a fair amount of time in Europe and in the Caribbean, and you know what, the U.S. is a more safer, more polite, more cultured so to speak place to live. Changing our American culture isn't progressive, it's regressive. Our value system works for us, and I'm sick and tired of us being forced to change all because it's tolerated in Europe or somewhere else in the world.

I concur also having travelled all over the world - in fact I have had the ultimate pleasure of being in countries where women are not allowed out in public without a male escort and must be covered head to toe.

I'd like to think we have struck a sensible balance between the Middle East and the Pygmies. Neither I would consider to be cultures (and I use that term loosely) for us to aspire to.

steve-on-mark 02-11-2019 07:56 PM

After seeing the picture at the beginning of this thread, if my island visitors asked me to take them to see "Sally's Gut", I'd have two possible destinations! [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Major 02-11-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 307394)
After seeing the picture at the beginning of this thread, if my island visitors asked me to take them to see "Sally's Gut", I'd have two possible destinations! [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Ha! That’s funny, and keeping in the spirit of the thread and the Forum!

TiltonBB 08-23-2019 05:41 AM

Appealed

The case was appealed to the US Supreme Court.

The U.S. Supreme Court typically agrees to take up just 1 percent of the cases it is asked to hear, but the divided 3-2 ruling in February might sway the nation’s highest court to take the case.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...ticle-nav-next

Mr. V 08-27-2019 10:08 AM

There are two sanctioned "clothing optional" beaches here in Portland, Oregon: Collins Beach on Sauvie's Island and Rooster Rock State Park.

The authorities allow it, public opinion seems to be indifferent, and there are no apparent problems with public nudity fomenting and inducing sex crimes etc.

How is it legally correct or fair to allow it here (in designated areas) yet completely prohibit it in NH?

Biggd 08-28-2019 08:56 AM

Don't they reject you in NH if your headlights are too low? :emb:

Hillcountry 08-28-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318471)
Don't they reject you in NH if your headlights are too low? :emb:

LMAO...she certainly fails my high beams inspection!! :D

ishoot308 08-28-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 318393)
How is it legally correct or fair to allow it here (in designated areas) yet completely prohibit it in NH?

Because the people of NH are more conservative in their values...that's the way we like it! We certainly do not want to be like "Portland Oregon" or other similar "left" coast cities which have turned into cesspools of liberal utopia!

Dan

rsmlp 08-28-2019 09:26 AM

NH politics

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318473)
Because the people of NH are more conservative in their values...that's the way we like it! We certainly do not want to be like "Portland Oregon" or other similar "left" coast cities which have turned into cesspools of liberal utopia!

Dan

Last time I checked NH voted Dem each time last many presidential elections. NH has voted ONCE for the GOP presidential candidate since 1988.

ishoot308 08-28-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmlp (Post 318475)
Last time I checked NH voted Dem each time last many presidential elections. NH has voted ONCE for the GOP presidential candidate since 1988.

Who cares? What does this have to do with how the people born and raised here cherish the values of the "live Free or Die State"?

You can keep Portland and all it has to "offer" (public defacation and drug use, needle littered sidewalks, homeless encampments, topless beaches etc, etc.) I'll take good old NH any day!!

Dan

Biggd 08-28-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318477)
Who cares? What does this have to do with how the people born and raised here cherish the values of the "live Free or Die State"?

You can keep Portland and all it has to "offer" (public defacation and drug use, needle littered sidewalks, homeless encampments, topless beaches etc, etc.) I'll take good old NH any day!!

Dan

NH is not immune to that. When was the last time you visited Manchester?

ishoot308 08-28-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318480)

I was born and grew up in Manchester, have a business in Manchester and am in Manchester right now as a matter of fact!

Your joking right if your trying to,compare Manchester to Portland? Not even remotely close...not by a longshot!

Dan

Biggd 08-28-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318481)
I was born and grew up in Manchester, have a business in Manchester and am in Manchester right now as a matter of fact!

Your joking right if your trying to,compare Manchester to Portland? Not even remotely close...not by a longshot!

Dan

I've never been to Portland but Manchester is not immune to the problems of other big cities.
A good friend of mine that lives in Amherst has drug addicted son the same age as my son. He goes to Manchester daily to shoot up. He's been in rehab so many times I can't count.

ishoot308 08-28-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318483)
I've never been to Portland but Manchester is not immune to the problems of other big cities.

You obviously have never been to Manchester either as there is no public defacation, no needles on the sidewalks, no topless beaches (that I know of :eek:) and there are no homeless encampments on public sidewalks or streets... What are you trying to compare??

Biggd 08-28-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318485)
You obviously have never been to Manchester either as there is no public defacation, no needles on the sidewalks, no topless beaches (that I know of :eek:) and there are no homeless encampments on public sidewalks or streets... What are you trying to compare??

I guess, out of sight, out of mind!
Wasn't it Trump that said NH was a "drug infested den"?
I guess that was fake news.

Descant 08-28-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318480)

You think Manchester has a topless beach? I don't think there's even a topless bar. We visit Manchester frequently for a variety of reasons. My son lives there, my wife works there. I worked there for many years. Nice place. I'd suggest Manchester is continuing to improve. Can't say the same for left coast cities.

Mr. V 08-28-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318473)
Because the people of NH are more conservative in their values...that's the way we like it! We certainly do not want to be like "Portland Oregon" or other similar "left" coast cities which have turned into cesspools of liberal utopia! Dan

The people of Oregon are probably as "conservative in their values" as you are, except for those living in Portland and Eugene.

Get out of the above two cities and Oregonians are quite redneck, I mean conservative.

ishoot308 08-28-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318486)

Yes and he was making reference to Laconia which has a serious problem... Maybe you should stick to home issues you know something about south of the border, like Lawrence which seems to always find their way here across the border...

Outdoorsman 08-28-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 318393)
There are two sanctioned "clothing optional" beaches here in Portland, Oregon: Collins Beach on Sauvie's Island and Rooster Rock State Park.

The authorities allow it, public opinion seems to be indifferent, and there are no apparent problems with public nudity fomenting and inducing sex crimes etc.

Very simple, as you stated, the TWO areas in Oregon are SANCTIONED. I would also bet that they are secluded areas.

Weirs beach (where this took place) is visible on 2 sides by road and 2 sides by water. Plus it is a family destination.

If you want to swing your junk in public then you should probably start by finding a secluded place that is out of public view, then contact your Senator.

Biggd 08-28-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318517)
Yes and he was making reference to Laconia which has a serious problem... Maybe you should stick to home issues you know something about south of the border, like Lawrence which seems to always find their way here across the border...

I'm glad you're happy in Manchester. I'm fine just passing by it on the highway, nothing there I want to see. :)

ApS 08-28-2019 05:17 PM

"Lost in Manchester"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318483)
A good friend of mine that lives in Amherst has drug addicted son the same age as my son. He goes to Manchester daily to shoot up. He's been in rehab so many times I can't count.

I've never been SO lost as when driving through Manchester. :confused:

While making many "lost" turns through Manchester neighborhoods—it's scary—you'll see a lot of "Zombies" standing around. :eek:

Trail Goer 08-28-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 307264)

There's a Nudist Park in Nottingham, NH on route 125.

garysanfran 08-29-2019 06:41 AM

The "European model"...

I always found the argument that American's should be more like Europeans when it comes to public nudity...Topless in Europe?...No big deal. Europeans hardly notice. It's the Americans that go crazy over the sight of naked breasts...And the Americans should change?

I think NOT!!!

It's the Europeans that are missing the finer appreciation of the female form.

brk-lnt 08-29-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318486)

I've been to Manchester several times. I have also been to Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle a fair bit (among several other places).

In those other cities the problem is hardly "out of sight, out of mind", it is more like "watch where you are walking so you don't step in ****". Having a bum in San Francisco hassle you for "some spare change" while wearing a $150 pair of Timberland's is quite fun :) (I offered to give him $50 for the boots, my offer was not accepted...).

Manchester, and other NH towns, definitely have their issues, but I'd take them any day over most of the large west coast towns.

Biggd 08-29-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brk-lnt (Post 318576)
I've been to Manchester several times. I have also been to Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle a fair bit (among several other places).

In those other cities the problem is hardly "out of sight, out of mind", it is more like "watch where you are walking so you don't step in ****". Having a bum in San Francisco hassle you for "some spare change" while wearing a $150 pair of Timberland's is quite fun :) (I offered to give him $50 for the boots, my offer was not accepted...).

Manchester, and other NH towns, definitely have their issues, but I'd take them any day over most of the large west coast towns.

I don't disagree but don't act like NH doesn't have it's fair share of drug problems, every city does.
And to put a political spin on it as though it's a liberal-Democratic problem, as some have posted, is ridiculous. This problem was caused by the Corporate greed of the big drug Companies. They have created more addicts over the past 10 to 20 years than illegal drugs coming in from other counties.
These illegal drugs are just feeding the addicts that got hooked on legal drugs now that the legal drug supplies are being more closely regulated.
They need to put more of these drug Company CEO's in jail and hope they don't get pardoned.

TheTimeTraveler 08-31-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318586)
I don't disagree but don't act like NH doesn't have it's fair share of drug problems, every city does.
And to put a political spin on it as though it's a liberal-Democratic problem, as some have posted, is ridiculous. This problem was caused by the Corporate greed of the big drug Companies. They have created more addicts over the past 10 to 20 years than illegal drugs coming in from other counties.
These illegal drugs are just feeding the addicts that got hooked on legal drugs now that the legal drug supplies are being more closely regulated.
They need to put more of these drug Company CEO's in jail and hope they don't get pardoned.

I don't think all has been caused by corporate greed as Doctors have been over scribing for the last 30 years or so, and this has led to "some" of the issues. Now one could argue that the Companies have sent their sales forces out to the Doctors and directly to the American public via television ads.....

I recently had a tooth pulled & the Dentist gave me a script for Ocxy. No thanks, as I decided that Tylenol would do the trick. I wasn't about to try to chance the Ocxy script (pardon any spelling errors).

Enjoy the Holiday weekend.

Mr. V 12-07-2019 04:12 PM

The case is still active: waiting now to see if USSC will accept the appeal for review:

see: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...court-n1097611

Woody38 12-07-2019 06:52 PM

Can't recall the state, however I did see where it has been ruled legal somewhere. Possibly Colorado?

As for dental, I never have anesthesia for any dental procedures and surely no pain killers post treatment. My dentist said he has another patient that does not use anesthesia. actually I found that when any discomfort happens he is finished.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

webmaster 01-14-2020 12:12 PM

SCOTUS Lets the Conviction Stand

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ess-beach.html