Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Complainers (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14848)

hig 09-21-2012 07:08 PM

Complainers

I am pretty new here (ok, very new), but I have been lurking for a while. I am a regular on a lot of other local and national forums.

It is just an observation and no offence is meant to anybody, but it seems to me there are of 1st post complainers on here, especially about local restaurants, but also about other local businesses. Signing up just to knock a local business seems weird to me and it makes me suspicious that many of these might be from competitors.

Maybe there needs to be a new rule that you need at least five post before you can complain about a local business?

NoBozo 09-21-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hig (Post 191326)
I am pretty new here (ok, very new), but I have been lurking for a while. I am a regular on a lot of other local and national forums.

It is just an observation and no offence is meant to anybody, but it seems to me there are of 1st post complainers on here, especially about local restaurants, but also about other local businesses. Signing up just to knock a local business seems weird to me and it makes me suspicious that many of these might be from competitors.

Maybe there needs to be a new rule that you need at least five post before you can complain about a local business?

Don't agree with any NEW Rules: HOWEVER: Welcome aboard HIG. :) NB

Pineedles 09-21-2012 07:21 PM

I'll wait for the Phantom's input on this one untill I comment.:laugh:

hig 09-21-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBozo (Post 191328)
Don't agree with any NEW Rules: HOWEVER: Welcome aboard HIG. :) NB

Well, the rule thing was kind of tongue in cheek :)

Then again, I am complaining about the complainers, so maybe we should have a rule for that too :D

ITD 09-21-2012 07:33 PM

Wait a minute, complaining about complainers..... :eek:

Ok, you beat me to it...

Hermit Cover 09-21-2012 08:15 PM

Why??

I agree with HIG....sorta. I don't think it's right to form an opinion about a restaurant until one has eaten there at least 6 times....then they'll know for sure they don't like it and have then...good reason to complain about it on this forum. Just sayin'! Maybe in the same vein....it might not be right to complain about a "newbie" until one is an "oldie"...makes "cents" to me...:) Welcome Hig....

Happy Gourmand 09-23-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 191329)
I'll wait for the Phantom's input on this one untill I comment.:laugh:

Are you talkin' about ME??? :laugh::laugh:

Belmont Resident 09-23-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit Cover (Post 191334)
I agree with HIG....sorta. I don't think it's right to form an opinion about a restaurant until one has eaten there at least 6 times....then they'll know for sure they don't like it and have then...good reason to complain about it on this forum. Just sayin'! Maybe in the same vein....it might not be right to complain about a "newbie" until one is an "oldie"...makes "cents" to me...:) Welcome Hig....

You are joking right? :eek:
I hope so because if your not you are saying after a bad experience a person or persons should revisit the same place they had a bad experience with, 5 more time just to make sure they are right.
I seriously hope your are joking because I work way to hard for MY money to just give to a restaurant that doesn't live up to expectations.

BroadHopper 09-23-2012 08:28 AM

Angie's List

When I enter the above website, there are no reviews of businesses in the Lakes Region area. Is Winnipesaukee.com the new Angie's List? I think we should direct people to post business reviews in the proper website, Angie's List.

Acrossamerica 09-23-2012 10:36 AM

Angie's list is a pay to play site

Angies List is a pay to play site and basically worthless in a rural area where you might find a contractor that is 40 miles away and will not come to your house anyway. I see nothing wrong with posting business comments both plus and minus. One is not forced to read them if one is annoyed by such postings.

Airedale1 09-23-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 191376)
When I enter the above website, there are no reviews of businesses in the Lakes Region area. Is Winnipesaukee.com the new Angie's List? I think we should direct people to post business reviews in the proper website, Angie's List.

A very good free site for restaurant reviews (and for other businesses) is Yelp.com I use it all the time, give it a try.

Phantom 09-25-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 191370)
Are you talkin' about ME??? :laugh::laugh:

Or are you talking about me ??

Pineedles 09-25-2012 07:24 AM

Sorry Phantom, meant P.G. He was a first time poster restaurant reviewer who I and others blasted to find out later he was totally correct.

Phantom 09-25-2012 02:03 PM

LOL --

and I said to myself --- I have been Soooo Good lately by holding my tongue !!

(mostly due to the fact that I have been out of the Country on business so much lately)

:cheers: