Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   High Octane Saloon (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27300)

thinkxingu 08-03-2021 08:04 PM

High Octane Saloon
 
Tonight was the most bipolar dining experience I've ever had. I stopped at the High Octane Saloon, the newish version of the Broken Spoke, and, when I got there, waited about five minutes before going to a barmaid if I could sit anywhere. She said yes, so I went to a table and sat...for ten minutes. Eventually, I went back to the bar and asked if it was indeed a restaurant and was met with...disinterest and a "sure, I'll get to ya."

Eventually, a wrinkled sheet of paper was tossed at me with a "here's the menu." I ordered chicken fingers, sweet potato fries (not realizing the chick fingers came with fries), sweet Thai chili wings, and fried mozzarella triangles. I enjoy variety but clearly got carried away.

The food was PERFECT bar food and my God is it a good value: $.50 wings, $8 fingers/fries and mozzarella wedges, $5 sweet potato fries.

Somewhere in the middle, a second waitress started connecting with me, and she was great—kind, funny, attentive—and it became a tale of two personalities.

I'm totally gonna come back, but I hope to get the good people and service next time because this place could be a big hit with my wife and kids (non-motorcycle-event times, of course).

If you're looking for very good bar food, check this place out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Winilyme 08-03-2021 08:23 PM

Sounds like Waitress #1 needs a bit more octane in her fuel.

joey2665 08-03-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 359978)
Tonight was the most bipolar dining experience I've ever had. I stopped at the High Octane Saloon, the newish version of the Broken Spoke, and, when I got there, waited about five minutes before going to a barmaid if I could sit anywhere. She said yes, so I went to a table and sat...for ten minutes. Eventually, I went back to the bar and asked if it was indeed a restaurant and was met with...disinterest and a "sure, I'll get to ya."

Eventually, a wrinkled sheet of paper was tossed at me with a "here's the menu." I ordered chicken fingers, sweet potato fries (not realizing the chick fingers came with fries), sweet Thai chili wings, and fried mozzarella triangles. I enjoy variety but clearly got carried away.

The food was PERFECT bar food and my God is it a good value: $.50 wings, $8 fingers/fries and mozzarella wedges, $5 sweet potato fries.

Somewhere in the middle, a second waitress started connecting with me, and she was great—kind, funny, attentive—and it became a tale of two personalities.

I'm totally gonna come back, but I hope to get the good people and service next time because this place could be a big hit with my wife and kids (non-motorcycle-event times, of course).

If you're looking for very good bar food, check this place out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve been there and I agree it is good bar food with great atmosphere but I do find the staff a little lackadaisical and maybe more attentive to the regulars.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 08-16-2021 06:19 AM

Went again last night when dear wife said she wanted "comfort bar food."

We got the same waitress, in a much better mood—maybe she remembered my tip, maybe she was having a better day.

They were out of A LOT of what we had gone there for: onion rings, chicken fingers, sweet potato fries...which forced us to choose to leave or try other stuff, so we went with the latter.

Loaded fries, pulled pork sandwich, macaroni and cheese bites, and tater tots were new tries added to mozzarella sticks and wings. Again, all were awesome.

My only real issue with the place—other than the hardcore biker thing with swearing and having to walk The Gauntlet to get in—is that their soda materials don't seem to be kept cold so the ice melts quickly, watering everything down. Not a huge deal, but weird (not as weird as The Gauntlet, but still).

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Biggd 08-16-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 360674)
Went again last night when dear wife said she wanted "comfort bar food."

We got the same waitress, in a much better mood—maybe she remembered my tip, maybe she was having a better day.

They were out of A LOT of what we had gone there for: onion rings, chicken fingers, sweet potato fries...which forced us to choose to leave or try other stuff, so we went with the latter.

Loaded fries, pulled pork sandwich, macaroni and cheese bites, and tater tots were new tries added to mozzarella sticks and wings. Again, all were awesome.

My only real issue with the place—other than the hardcore biker thing with swearing and having to walk The Gauntlet to get in—is that their soda materials don't seem to be kept cold so the ice melts quickly, watering everything down. Not a huge deal, but weird (not as weird as The Gauntlet, but still).

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Next time you need to dress for the occasion, leather jacket and boots, and maybe get a stick on tat.:D

BroadHopper 08-16-2021 09:51 AM

Got plenty of attention with a Peter Makris memorial T.

thinkxingu 08-17-2022 01:12 PM

Place is weird—seems like family time before 6 and then Hedonism II after!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...7d8aadf128.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Mr. V 08-17-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 375193)
Place is weird—seems like family time before 6 and then Hedonism II after!

Oh?

How so?

thinkxingu 08-17-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 375200)
Oh?

How so?

See the photo? They were playing Daniel Tiger on the TVs today, and it was all families except for two guys at the bar.

Every other time we've been there has been later in the day, when it's been all "biker dudes/dudettes."

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

John Mercier 08-17-2022 06:00 PM

Just adjusting to a new market.

thinkxingu 08-17-2022 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 375214)
Just adjusting to a new market.

Definitely possible, but I think it's pretty cool—we definitely enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

joey2665 08-17-2022 07:37 PM

Wait til they build the condos across the street by Sun Valley. Definitely be more family type patrons.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

John Mercier 08-17-2022 07:43 PM

To expand your operation, you need to go after a market that you don't serve currently, or provide some dynamic new item that will increase the ticket for each customer.

Why have the place nearly empty, when you can make small adjustments and bring in a new crowd.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.