Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ice Cream anyone ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27292)

bigdog 08-01-2021 03:22 PM

Ice Cream anyone ?

Just stumbled upon a new source for great ice cream,
‘THE MAPLE CREAMERY’ located on Rt 104 in Hampton NH.

Take Exit 23, off I-93, and head toward Meredith, about 1 mile on left,
at JR’s Discount parking lot. Owners (Doug and Doreen), work out of a truck, you can’t miss it.

Try the ‘maple’ flavor, to die for, but they also have the usual fare:
Sundaes’, Frappes, Soft-Serve

They're only open Thur-Sun, 12-8pm, so call ahead (603) 320-1896

Enjoy !

thinkxingu 08-01-2021 05:05 PM

Peanut butter sauce? Marshmallow?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fatlazyless 08-01-2021 05:20 PM

For $2.99/qt on sale or for 3.59 reg price at Market Basket-Plymouth you can get a quart of Brigham's Ice Cream www.brighams.com/products/?id=2968.

As a packaged food product, there is no additional 9% NH prepared food tax like when you buy an ice cream cone at an ice cream store, and ABSOLUTELY no tipping either! .... :D ..... ho-ho-ho ...... Brigham's Ice Cream in the blue quart container...... since 1914!

jeffk 08-01-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 359794)
Just stumbled upon a new source for great ice cream,
‘THE MAPLE CREAMERY’ located on Rt 104 in Hampton NH.

Take Exit 23, off I-93, and head toward Meredith, about 1 mile on left,
at JR’s Discount parking lot. Owners (Doug and Doreen), work out of a truck, you can’t miss it.

Try the ‘maple’ flavor, to die for, but they also have the usual fare:
Sundaes’, Frappes, Soft-Serve

They're only open Thur-Sun, 12-8pm, so call ahead (603) 320-1896

Enjoy !

My wife had stopped there a couple weeks ago and loved it. Of course every time since then, when we went by they weren't open. I read your post at 6:50 and said "Let's go!", and we did. VERY creamy soft serve and real maple syrup blended in. Delicious! :liplick:

fatlazyless 09-07-2021 01:58 PM

Brigham's 2 qts/$5 at Market Basket-Plymouth

With about ten different flavors the Plymouth Market Basket has a highest quality-lowest price Brigham's, one quart ice cream, unannounced sale going on.

Two quarts of Brigham's for five dollars!

I get a quart of Outta the Park COFFEE ice cream with expresso chocolate flavored chunks & fudge swirl plus a second quart of PISTACHIO green ice cream with pistachio nuts.

Am now in the process of stuffing my fat face! ...... :laugh:

Slickcraft 09-07-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 359804)
Peanut butter sauce? Marshmallow?!

I suppose that if only 3rd rate ice cream was available then some may need to doctor it up in such ways:D

Alan

thinkxingu 09-07-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 361847)
I suppose that if only 3rd rate ice cream was available then some may need to doctor it up in such ways:D

Alan

Hahahaha! I assume you enjoy your steak and BBQ without marinade, rubs, or sauces?!

Speaking of which, we hit up Kellerhaus the other day, and they've got some great flavors right now. My sundae was Great White Shark with marshmallow, Cinnamon Toast Crunch with caramel, and Milky Way with hot fudge. Throw some coconut crunchies and whip cream on top and BOOM! Euphoria.

SAMIAM 09-08-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 361824)
With about ten different flavors the Plymouth Market Basket has a highest quality-lowest price Brigham's, one quart ice cream, unannounced sale going on.

Two quarts of Brigham's for five dollars!

I get a quart of Outta the Park COFFEE ice cream with expresso chocolate flavored chunks & fudge swirl plus a second quart of PISTACHIO green ice cream with pistachio nuts.

Am now in the process of stuffing my fat face! ...... :laugh:

Brighams......my first restaurant job and favorite ice cream...vanilla bean..yum

barefootbay 09-08-2021 06:26 PM

Brighams has the best strawberry going.

fatlazyless 09-09-2021 07:08 AM

..... Brigham's Big Dig flavor

Named after the central artery, Route 93 tunnel project that goes north-south, under ground, through Boston close to the waterfront is Brigham's "Big Dig" flavored ice cream. In my opinion is a very yucky fuhgetabout it flavor with a catchy name that you will only buy once, and never again ...... yuuchhh!!! It tastes like hundred year old flavorless, tasteless mud with nuts or something ........ is very bland on the taste gauge.

Like ..... what is this stuff ...... the Big Dig? ..... taste like last month's left-over factory clean-up or something? So ..... not every flavor is a winner ..... even with Brigham's Ice Cream!

FlyingScot 09-09-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 361943)
Named after the central artery, Route 93 tunnel project that goes north-south, under ground, through Boston close to the waterfront is Brigham's "Big Dig" flavored ice cream. In my opinion is a very yucky fuhgetabout it flavor with a catchy name that you will only buy once, and never again ...... yuuchhh!!! It tastes like hundred year old flavorless, tasteless mud with nuts or something ........ is very bland on the taste gauge.

Like ..... what is this stuff ...... the Big Dig? ..... taste like last month's left-over factory clean-up or something? So ..... not every flavor is a winner ..... even with Brigham's Ice Cream!

Apparently, your taste buds are as lame as your humor ;)

Big Dig is terrific for those who like ice cream packed with stuff. If Moose Tracks and Ben & Jerry's candy-packed stuff is your thing--Big Dig is awesome!

I'll also say the Big Dig project itself has gone from something that everybody in Boston hated and railed against forever, to something that has made our traffic much shorter, and our lives probably much longer :)

fatlazyless 09-30-2021 05:30 PM

..... soft serve ice cream

Was pleasantly surprised to finally notice their soft serve ice cream machine at the Plymouth Market Basket, hot coffee counter, up front the store. That's correct-i-mondo ..... Market Basket has soft serve ice cream, $1.99, cone or a cup, 170-calories, vanilla, chocolate, or vanilla-chocolate swirl ...... how's about that!

....... who knew!!! ...... soft serve ice cream has been living at Market Basket all this time, and I never noticed it..... :eek: !!!

This is a truly important item of the highest lakes region importance ....... soft serve ice cream at Market Basket! ..... :laugh: ..... something Walmart, Hannafords, Shaw's, Vista, Heath's, Bob's Shure-Fine, and Sawyer's Dairy Bar do not have ..... omg! ...... and Market Basket serves soft ice cream, all year long ..... 362-days of the year! ..... is closed Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

TheTimeTraveler 09-30-2021 07:54 PM

Actually, I believe they have had it there since the day it opened......

fatlazyless 10-02-2021 06:49 PM

Smoothies and milk shakes at Market Basket are made with soft ice cream so the soft ice cream machine probably gets used more for making smoothies and milk shakes than ice cream cones.

Had a 1.99 chocolate cone there today, and it was perfect chocolate soft ice cream.

By the way did you know that NH has reduced the tax on ice cream cones from 9% down to 8.5%, as of October 1st ....... thank-ye O-Republican majority ..... for smashing the ice cream tax down to 8.5% ......... ha-ha-ha .... :D ..... it saved me one penny! ..... 3-cheers Republican tax reform! ... :laugh: ... excellent chocolate soft ice cream cone! .... thank-ye Market Basket.