Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wallis Sands Rye Beach trip (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22282)

bigdog 07-15-2017 09:26 PM

Wallis Sands Rye Beach trip

Going to Wallis Sands beach in Rye this week....

Looking for a nice seafood restaurant near Rye or in general area ?

Heard a lot of good reviews about 'Petey's in Rye ?

Any other suggestions ?

thinkxingu 07-15-2017 09:42 PM

We actually like Ray's, just down the street, a little better. A little bit more laid back and food quality is excellent.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

radiocontester 07-15-2017 11:38 PM

Petey's is fantastic! I've eaten there many times.

rick35 07-16-2017 07:28 AM

I think Petey's is the seacoast favorite and you can tell by the number of cars lined up on the side of the road. Our favorite is the Old Salt in Hampton Center and they take reservations. If you are really in need of a fried fish rush they offer King Neptune's Feast for Two for $60. It is served with two cups of chowder and mounds of seafood on a large serving platter. Add two more chowders and it can easily feed four people for $18 each. Add Mudd Pie for dessert and it doesnt get any better. We make the hour plus drive 2-3 times a year.

BroadHopper 07-16-2017 10:02 AM

BG Boathouse

Just over the Rye townline in Portsmouth, my favorite!
http://bgsboathouse.com/

Tallyho 07-16-2017 10:57 AM

Newicks Seafood restaurant, Dover

http://www.newicks.com/menu.html
Great Food!

lakeladynh 07-17-2017 08:46 AM

Old Ferry Landing in Portsmouth, right by the tugboats. BGs would be my second choice.

4Fun 07-17-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 282027)
Just over the Rye townline in Portsmouth, my favorite!
http://bgsboathouse.com/

This is my favorite too. Quiet, perfect NE setting. Peteys is great as well but always busy.

SIKSUKR 07-17-2017 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like Peteys but prefer Little Jacks at Boars Head between H Beach and North H Beach where the wall begins.

bigdog 07-17-2017 07:33 PM

Fabulous day a Wallis Sands !

Fabulous day a Wallis Sands !

Perfect weather, with a slight breeze.

After the beach went to Rays for early dinner. Very good.
I did notice about twice as many cars at Peteys'.... Next trip for sure

Best of all beach entrance free, NH Resident and Senior :)

Living the dream !

thinkxingu 07-17-2017 09:13 PM

Ray's never disappoints. As a result of this thread, I tried The Old Ferry Landing in Portsmouth tonight before a sailing cruise. A little pricy, but the food (and view) was excellent.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

bigdog 07-18-2017 07:16 AM

Ray's at Rye

We did enjoy Ray's at Rye, food was excellent, the view upstairs of the ocean was really nice, however, we felt the portions were small for the price.

I had baked stuffed haddock, my wife had the lobster roll. The lobster roll was small and came with 2 pickles and a few chips for $18.99, of course I'm paying for the experience and the view !

Will try Petey's next time for the experience and comparison.

The beach itself was absolutely beautiful, we'll be back for sure !

thinkxingu 03-10-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 282023)
I think Petey's is the seacoast favorite and you can tell by the number of cars lined up on the side of the road. Our favorite is the Old Salt in Hampton Center and they take reservations. If you are really in need of a fried fish rush they offer King Neptune's Feast for Two for $60. It is served with two cups of chowder and mounds of seafood on a large serving platter. Add two more chowders and it can easily feed four people for $18 each. Add Mudd Pie for dessert and it doesnt get any better. We make the hour plus drive 2-3 times a year.

Went to the Old Salt tonight and had Neptune's Platter with a friend--saweet!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Lakegeezer 03-11-2018 06:34 AM

So many choices

Petey's and Ray's are great. You won't be disappointed in either. A nice alternative is BG's BoatHouse up on Wentworth Road in Portsmouth. On the Sagamore river, an inlet to the sea rather than right at the ocean, but atmosphere and scenery make it worth checking out.

jbolty 03-12-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 291901)

I had never been to Old Salt but went there a few months ago and was very impressed with everything we had and the prices were very fair.

Biggd 03-12-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeladynh (Post 282057)
Old Ferry Landing in Portsmouth, right by the tugboats. BGs would be my second choice.

Just over the Bridge on the right into Kittery is Warrens, got to try it if you love seafood. They have an awesome salad bar also.

joey2665 03-12-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 291940)
Just over the Bridge on the right into Kittery is Warrens, got to try it if you love seafood. They have an awesome salad bar also.

Passed by Warrens a bunch of times but never stopped. Been to Chaunceys and Roberts. Very different but both good

Biggd 03-12-2018 12:10 PM

It's not fancy but the food is great. If you go when it's nice out they have an outdoor patio that over looks the water. My wife and I usually park in Portsmouth, spend the day, and walk the bridge.
If your looking for more refined dinning, the Surf in downtown Portsmouth is awesome. Make a reservation for one of the tables that overlooks the harbor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

kawishiwi 03-12-2018 04:43 PM

Yes to Roberts, No to Chaunceys

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 291941)
Passed by Warrens a bunch of times but never stopped. Been to Chaunceys and Roberts. Very different but both good

Really liked the butter only lobster roll option at Roberts though Id probably go mayo next time.
Very disappointed with Chaunceys. I love good lobster in the rough but Chaunceys was rough lobster in the rough with a topping of poor service. The check was the only plump thing there.

joey2665 03-12-2018 05:00 PM

Yes I love the butter only lobster roll st Roberts since I hate mayo. Lol. Chauncey’s I think is more about the atmosphere than the food. Bring drinks and a fruit and cheese plate then the lobster after.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Major 03-13-2018 07:38 AM

Roberts

A big thumbs up for Roberts. We try to go there twice a year. Best lobster roll around!

KPW 03-13-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 291901)

We go every year for our anniversary. Love the Neptune's Platter!!

thinkxingu 03-13-2018 08:43 PM

Neptune's Platter. The only time I filled up on seafood rather than fries/onion rings. Mmmmm...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...58618a94ac.jpg

rick35 03-13-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 292016)
Neptune's Platter. The only time I filled up on seafood rather than fries/onion rings. Mmmmm..

We went a few weeks ago but got regular sized meals. Everything was great. Enjoyed a couple glasses of Alagash White on draft and topped it off with mud pie. Always worth the trip.