Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Speed Limits (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   SB27 defeated 276 to 75.... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12092)

Skip 05-18-2011 02:09 PM

SB27 defeated 276 to 75....

SB27 was overwhelmingly defeated by the legislature today by a vote of 276 to 75.

Short story HERE at the UL website.

NH_boater 05-18-2011 03:00 PM

No surprise

I would have been amazed if the results were anything different.

BroadHopper 05-18-2011 03:25 PM

It will be back

after the next election.

Bear Islander 05-18-2011 03:25 PM

Thanks Skip

In 2009 HB847 - Temporary 45/25 - passed the House with 236 votes

In 2010 SB464 - Permanent 45/30 - passed the House with 268 votes

In November 2010 conservatives increased their numbers in the
Legislature giving hopes to a repeal of Speed Limits

In 2011 SB27 - A minor speed increase - Voted down in the House with 276 votes

236, 268, 276, Support for Speed Limits in the House is increasing.

BroadHopper 05-18-2011 03:40 PM

Boycotting Businesses

Please don't boycott all the businesses on the WinnFabs list. I know a number of businessmen that are on the list without permission. Those businesses have repeatedly ask WinnFabs to remove their names and Winnfabs refused. Ask first when you patronize if the support the speed limit.

Also, Church Landing won an award by a major boating magazine years ago. Rusty has the award proudly displayed in his lobby. Since he is a speed limit supporter, the magazine had denounced his award. Rusty refused to take the award down. Don't denounce the magazine because they gave Rusty an award.

ishoot308 05-18-2011 03:43 PM

Let's Move On

Now that this is over, can we all move along and enjoy the upcoming boating season??

I have listened to both sides of this debate and while personally I am against the speed limit, I understand why some feel it was important and I respect their right to that viewpoint.

I believe it is time we all simply put this issue aside and move forward TOGETHER to enjoy what Lake Winnipesaukee has to offer and the rest of the lakes region!!

I wish everyone a safe and happy 2011 boating season!!

Respectfully;

Dan

Skip 05-18-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 157347)
Now that this is over, can we all move along and enjoy the upcoming boating season??

I have listened to both sides of this debate and while personally I am against the speed limit, I understand why some feel it was important and I respect their right to that viewpoint.

I believe it is time we all simply put this issue aside and move forward TOGETHER to enjoy what Lake Winnipesaukee has to offer and the rest of the lakes region!!

I wish everyone a safe and happy 2011 boating season!!

Respectfully;

Dan

Very well said Dan!

jrc 05-18-2011 04:34 PM

Good idea Dan!

Speed limit debates are a winter sport.

topwater 05-18-2011 08:57 PM

Rusty, How and what do you base your hardcore knowledge of fast speeds on? I think what we're seeing here is alot, and I mean alot of people with little knowledge of the subject and experience. But yet still keep it flowing because they like to be on a bandwagon. We all know its not speed, it's the idiots that come up here and don't know what they are doing. Some people make alot of money off those people, so heaven forbid we call a spade a spade. I'm slapping my hands together officially declaring my end to this thread. But would like to get a last answer from RustY.

The Big Kahuna 05-20-2011 09:21 AM

The Old Man is turning in his grave!

The Old Man of the Mountain is turning in his grave. His beloved NH is turning into a law filled, regulated federal state. What's that, we don't have a law against picking you nose in public! Don't you know someone could brake off a finger doing that: SB12345 (no picking your nose in public). What's that, we don't have a law against bad hair, I could be really offended if someone has a bad hair day: SB67890 (no bad hair days). I heard there was this Forum on Winnipesaukee.com, someone got offened at something someone said: SB0123 (no forms allowed in the state of NH). Ding Dong the live free is dead, the states people droped an SB on them.