Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Morrissey's Front Porch, Wolfeboro, NH (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24268)

TheTimeTraveler 03-30-2019 04:19 PM

Morrissey's Front Porch, Wolfeboro, NH

I believe Sandy Point is now 100% out of business.

Rather than discussing Chef Tony over there, let's discuss his new place of employment and the restaurant offerings here on this new thread.

I googled Morrissey's Front Porch and they do have a website:

MorrisseysFrontPorch.com

I checked their hours of operation and I find it odd that they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Hopefully that is a winter schedule and the hours will expand during the warmer weather.

The menu looks like it has a huge variety of offerings and hopefully all the food is good and has a nice presentation on the plate.

With skill and luck I hope that Chef Tony is very successful at Morrissey's Front Porch and will see a lot of repetitive business there this summer.

Heading4thelake 03-30-2019 04:51 PM

Morrissey's

I am pretty sure they are open 7 days a week starting around Memorial Day and go thru November !

C-Bass 04-01-2019 02:10 PM

Their food is great, i stop at least once a week for dinner on the way home from work. They are open 7 days around memorial day through end of October I believe. Opening this Wed I believe.

Chef Tony 04-01-2019 06:06 PM

Yes we opening on Wednesday. Just finished up the seafood stuffing and cheese sauce for the mac N cheese.

jbolty 04-01-2019 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you need to change your avatar

TheTimeTraveler 08-13-2019 08:39 AM

Anyone have any summer reviews to post for Morrissey's Front Porch from this summer?

How is the quality of the food, and how quick is the service?

Is Chef Tony still there or has he moved on?

Heading4thelake 08-13-2019 09:50 AM

Morissey's

Been there quite a few times this summer and it's been very good! Wait staff has been wonderful also. Don't know about Chef Tony but the food is good , I wouldn't have gone there before , never cared for the food, now it's on my list to go regularly.

Chef Tony 08-17-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 317428)
Anyone have any summer reviews to post for Morrissey's Front Porch from this summer?

How is the quality of the food, and how quick is the service?

Is Chef Tony still there or has he moved on?

I am still here at Morriseys

jbolty 08-18-2019 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Tony, change your avatar.

ApS 08-21-2019 04:25 AM

Not Noisy...Seating Has Gotten Cramped as I've Aged...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heading4thelake (Post 317442)
Been there quite a few times this summer and it's been very good! Wait staff has been wonderful also. Don't know about Chef Tony but the food is good , I wouldn't have gone there before , never cared for the food, now it's on my list to go regularly.

'Been there back when it was operated as Bailey's, and meet my late-afternoon flatlander guests there regularly.

Morrissey's added a "Senior's" menu when it changed hands. :idea:

This restaurant has been consistently fine for several decades, with the wait-staff experienced and especially attentive in recent years.

:coolsm:

TheTimeTraveler 05-29-2021 02:44 PM

Went to Morrissey's Front Porch yesterday, and was pleased at the menu variety offerings as well as a separate (small) menu dedicated menu for those over 60.

I had the full belly Fried Clams with fries and Cole Slaw for $20 (on the senior's menu). The portions were generous and I thought the meal was a great value!

For those who don't know; a few years back they added a full sit down bar hidden in the back rear corner of the restaurant. Seemed to be bustling at 3:00 pm on a Thursday afternoon when I was there.

I would recommend the place and plan to return again sometime soon.

Heaven 05-30-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 317948)
'Been there back when it was operated as Bailey's, and meet my late-afternoon flatlander guests there regularly.

Morrissey's added a "Senior's" menu when it changed hands. :idea:

This restaurant has been consistently fine for several decades, with the wait-staff experienced and especially attentive in recent years.

:coolsm:

I'm a poopy-head. The food used to be terrible, maybe I will try it again this year.

Chef Tony 06-05-2021 09:21 PM

The bar is a very recent addition as is the homemade Irish fare

GodSmile 06-06-2021 04:35 AM

Love the new bar area

The wife and I stopped a few weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised to find the new bar area. Great addition and as has always been our experience, the food was great.