Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Site Downtime (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21988)

webmaster 05-13-2017 09:15 AM

Site Downtime

Sorry for the downtime Friday night into this morning. If you visited during that time you may have experienced various messages and errors.

The downtime was necessary to migrate the site to a new 64 bit SSD server (VPS) and then upgrade the forum and other software to be compatible with the new server.

The only feature that I am unable to get working so far is the "Thank You" feature. That is a 3rd party module that hasn't been updated in 6 years and is not compatible with the new server. I'm going to try to find a replacement that will let me keep all the existing "thanks" but we will have to live without that feature until I find a solution.

I haven't completely tested the other site features (Photopost, Classifieds, etc.) so some may remain disabled for a little longer.

Thanks for your patience.

joey2665 05-13-2017 09:57 AM

I'd like to hit thanks but I can't. Lol. So I will just say Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

jbolty 05-13-2017 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pic post works

phoenix 05-13-2017 06:36 PM

don we all owe you such a big debt of gratitude for all you do for us. Hip hip hooray

trfour 05-13-2017 07:33 PM

As always

Wonderful job Don!!!!
Over all these many years I am so thankful and grateful to have so enjoyed the sharing of photos and the Treasure chest of info that you have provided for all...
THANK YOU...

Terry

GBGX2 05-14-2017 05:33 AM

Thank you!

I appreciate the opportunity to be part of this great community and thank you for making it possible!

thinkxingu 05-14-2017 06:10 AM

Don, or anyone else who might know: is there a way to see the classifieds using Tapatalk?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

upthesaukee 05-14-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 278633)
Don, or anyone else who might know: is there a way to see the classifieds using Tapatalk?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I thought that question was asked a year or two ago, and the answer was no; Tapatalk is a forum type application.

When I need to get to other sections of the site like classifieds or the calendar, I go to the browser on my tablet (or phone) and type in lake.cc and go to the full site.

One other disadvantage to Tapatalk is when someone is replying to a question, like who who be recommended for a project, and the replier puts their recommendation name into the subject line of their reply, those of us using Tapatalk cannot see that info, only what is in the body of the text.

Dave

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

moose tracks 05-14-2017 08:08 AM

Thanks Don,

elbie 05-14-2017 10:05 AM

Thanks Don

Only been a member here a short time and coming up to the lake to fish June 10-17th. I just want to let you know that this site is great in that it provides not only a link to info. on Winnie but having recently bought a small cottage on a lake in Ct. has proven to be most valuable in answering questions concerning issues that I may encounter there. Examples: Docks and heating issues. Thanks again!

PENIVISA 05-14-2017 01:22 PM

Awesome job Don......Thanks for giving so much to so many of us

FlyingScot 05-14-2017 04:45 PM

You're great

I've been a member of a dozen or two forums over the years--yours is the best! Thanks so much

SAMIAM 05-15-2017 06:50 AM

I'm on an identical forum in Florida and it doesn't hold a candle to the Winni Forum

Rattletrap 05-15-2017 06:53 AM

Thanks Don

Outdoorsman 05-15-2017 06:54 AM

Fyi

2 Attachment(s)
Been getting this message using Firefox. I had to add you as a trusted site.

Attachment 12966

Attachment 12967

webmaster 05-15-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 278687)
Been getting this message using Firefox. I had to add you as a trusted site.

Thanks for the feedback. I made some changes late Sunday night that required some SSL certificates to be reissued. It looks like the problem you had was at 11:15 last night, which was right in the middle of those changes. Firefox seems to be displaying the site normally this morning.

UPDATE:

I spent most of the weekend trying to work out some issues that were caused by the server upgrade. I expected some problems since some of the software I use is old and incompatible with the new system (specifically PHP 5.6).

The good news is that most of the site is now working normally but there remain a few problems that I will work out over the next week or so. These are the problem areas that are disabled for now:

1. Photopost
2. Blogs
3. Advertiser's console
4. Forum "Thank You" add-on

Sorry about these problems but the upgrade was necessary to move forward. All new versions of the forum software require PHP 5.6 so I was stuck on an old version until I could upgrade.

Thanks for your patience. I'll get everything fixed as soon as I can.

upthesaukee 05-17-2017 08:00 AM

Just an FYI as you work through your system upgrade.

Most of my time on the forum is on either my Samsung tablet 3 (mainly) or my Samsung S7 cell. Until recently, notifications for new unread threads would be highlighted by a vertical blue bar next to the forum topic (ie; boating, history, etc.) and when in that area, the individual threads would have the same bar.
Now I am not always seeing that bar within the topics. It's easy to get around this by looking at the threads and checking the time of the last post (s).
Not sure if its me or something else. Not wanting to add to your woes, but did want to give you my observations.
Thanks, as always, for this wonderful website.
Dave

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app