Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Corner House in Center Sandwich (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28071)

wentworthwhitbreadIII 06-29-2022 02:33 PM

Corner House in Center Sandwich

Does anyone know if they will be reopening this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Sue Doe-Nym 06-29-2022 02:44 PM

Hours for Corner House

Quote:

Originally Posted by wentworthwhitbreadIII (Post 372311)
Does anyone know if they will be reopening this summer?

They are closed Sun., Mon., Tues. and open Wed. and Thurs. 4-9, Fri. and Sat. 11-10. We will check it out….haven’t been there in years.

TiltonBB 06-29-2022 02:58 PM

They reopened about a week ago. They hope to expand the hours from what is listed above but like everyone else, finding staff is the problem.

winniwannabe 06-29-2022 03:04 PM

Sorry that I'm a little off here, but Gilford House and Cravings are gone.
Wondering if Weathervane at Weirs is still there, and if anyone has tried
out Sawyers? Thanks. Gilford HOP not gone just bad reviews. Hart's is
always a favorite. Any breakfast suggestions?:liplick:

bigdog 06-29-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winniwannabe (Post 372315)
Sorry that I'm a little off here, but Gilford House and Cravings are gone.
Wondering if Weathervane at Weirs is still there, and if anyone has tried
out Sawyers? Thanks. Gilford HOP not gone just bad reviews. Hart's is
always a favorite. Any breakfast suggestions?:liplick:

Try Deja Vu Cafe on Union Ave Laconia for breakfast, very good !

ishoot308 06-29-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 372325)
Try Deja Vu Cafe on Union Ave Laconia for breakfast, very good !

Shhh! Trying to keep that place a secret!

BrownstoneNorth 06-29-2022 07:04 PM

Corner House is under brand new ownership

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 372313)
They reopened about a week ago. They hope to expand the hours from what is listed above but like everyone else, finding staff is the problem.

“Sam K.” bought it from the person who had bought it a couple of years ago, is responding on TripAdvisor to the mostly very bad reviews (apparently incredibly rude owner & terrible service) this long popular restaurant got during that most recent short period, and posted this on Yelp:

“Sam K.
Business Owner
Sam took ownership of The Corner House in May 2022 with the intent to bring this historic restaurant in the heart of Sandwich back to its original grandeur. His goal is to honor its past and maintain its place as a special gathering place for the community and visitors to the area.”

He seems to understand what went wrong, his determination to make it right again is admirable, and I wish him luck.

wentworthwhitbreadIII 06-30-2022 09:08 AM

I look forward to returning. Don Brown did a great job and like many others the next owner was not our cup of tea.

The Real BigGuy 06-30-2022 02:31 PM

Loved going upstairs to the bar for lunch before the last owner closed it. Hope Sam brings it back to life!

Heaven 06-30-2022 05:36 PM

My favorite restaurant ever neck-in-neck with the Dolphin Striker in Portsmouth, which also sadly, closed.
I look forward to enjoying the Corner House again

Susie Cougar 07-15-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth (Post 372333)
“Sam K.” bought it from the person who had bought it a couple of years ago, is responding on TripAdvisor to the mostly very bad reviews (apparently incredibly rude owner & terrible service) this long popular restaurant got during that most recent short period, and posted this on Yelp:

“Sam K.
Business Owner
Sam took ownership of The Corner House in May 2022 with the intent to bring this historic restaurant in the heart of Sandwich back to its original grandeur. His goal is to honor its past and maintain its place as a special gathering place for the community and visitors to the area.”

He seems to understand what went wrong, his determination to make it right again is admirable, and I wish him luck.

I just saw this. How great for the town of Sandwich that the Corner House will be open again! Has anyone tried it yet this summer?

BroadHopper 07-16-2022 06:30 AM

Club Sandwich

I made a reservation for Club Sandwich. We were going to check out the Corner House before the venue.

SAB1 07-19-2022 12:19 PM

Took a look at the website. Not much on it…not even a menu. Any one been ?

thinkxingu 07-19-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 373338)
Took a look at the website. Not much on it…not even a menu. Any one been ?

There's a menu: click "eat" on the main page. I know because I also fiddled around looking—weird setup.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk