Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Loony Bin - kid friendly? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23052)

Leoskeys 02-26-2018 04:20 PM

Loony Bin - kid friendly?

Hi all, heard Loony’s has great wings. But curious as to how kid friendly it is. We have a 6 and 9 year old. We’d be going early in the evening, so i assume we are good.

baygo 02-26-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoskeys (Post 291458)
Hi all, heard Loony’s has great wings. But curious as to how kid friendly it is. We have a 6 and 9 year old. We’d be going early in the evening, so i assume we are good.

You may be better off to visit once without them and then you can judge for yourself based on the adult humor on the walls.

VitaBene 02-26-2018 05:02 PM

I am saying probably not. I don't know that I have ever seen a kid there.

Leoskeys 02-26-2018 06:32 PM

Thanks, we passed on it tonight.

Red apple 02-26-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoskeys (Post 291467)
Thanks, we passed on it tonight.

Definitely add it to your list on a kid free night!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

RUGMAN 02-27-2018 12:17 PM

Crazy Gringo also has good wings

Philbaggs 03-27-2018 01:29 AM

You be the judge ..

Loony bin is an awsome local staple . Some of the best bar food around and as far as a dive bar goes very clean and well maintained. That being said although I have seen children in there before it might be best to go there without them and judge for yourself . The writing is literally on the wall as to why .

MaidenCove07 04-05-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 291461)
I am saying probably not. I don't know that I have ever seen a kid there.

Kids are there rather frequently, but the "wall art" is a bit crude. Depends on what kinds of conversations you've had with your kids about cuss words as to whether it's appropriate for YOUR kids to be there with you.
If I had kids, I wouldn't bring them there. They'll face that well enough in school.

bruinsfan 04-09-2018 02:55 PM

The adults act like kids; embarrassing to see the “peel-out” tire marks (from about three different cars) from the front of the restaurant to about 30 yards down the road.

It’s looks like crap and is immature. The owners should try to make sure their patrons don’t ruin it for them and bring on unwanted problems from neighbors or the authorities. I’d bet the people that did it left the place quite drunk.

Reilly 04-09-2018 05:18 PM

Kids

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan (Post 293250)
The adults act like kids; embarrassing to see the “peel-out” tire marks (from about three different cars) from the front of the restaurant to about 30 yards down the road.

It’s looks like crap and is immature. The owners should try to make sure their patrons don’t ruin it for them and bring on unwanted problems from neighbors or the authorities. I’d bet the people that did it left the place quite drunk.

Thank God some Adults act like kids , as for the quite drunk part , the staff there is very aware of everyone & how much they have had to drink. It is a biker bar & that is the clientele that they bring , I for 1 love the place, It probably is not for actual kids especially at nite

bruinsfan 04-10-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reilly (Post 293257)
Thank God some Adults act like kids , as for the quite drunk part , the staff there is very aware of everyone & how much they have had to drink. It is a biker bar & that is the clientele that they bring , I for 1 love the place, It probably is not for actual kids especially at nite

The purpose of my post was to draw attention to the reckless manner in which the patrons are leaving the establishment. There is no need to lay down thirty or so yards of black skid marks that stay there for weeks, or until they do it again.

It reflects on the bar and it's owners; I look at it as an eyesore and I have judged the clientele and owners.

You can have your opinion, which I respect, but it is my opinion that this behavior is childish and will one day lead to an accident.

Paugus bay girl 04-10-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan (Post 293308)
The purpose of my post was to draw attention to the reckless manner in which the patrons are leaving the establishment. There is no need to lay down thirty or so yards of black skid marks that stay there for weeks, or until they do it again.

It reflects on the bar and it's owners; I look at it as an eyesore and I have judged the clientele and owners.

You can have your opinion, which I respect, but it is my opinion that this behavior is childish and will one day lead to an accident.

It's a biker bar, that kind of stuff is to be expected, and I'm pretty sure 90% of their clientele likes burnouts and bikes. I'm sure it's not a place for people easily offended to hang out.

bruinsfan 04-10-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus bay girl (Post 293316)
It's a biker bar, that kind of stuff is to be expected, and I'm pretty sure 90% of their clientele likes burnouts and bikes. I'm sure it's not a place for people easily offended to hang out.

Agreed. But when the 30 yards of burnout is on a public street, I am offended.

And you state that because they are bikers, I should expect reckless behavior from them? Should I expect any other type of behavior from any other groups?

garysanfran 04-10-2018 07:07 PM

Go kart track next door...

How about a Wed night burnout there?

Perhaps a drunken race on Harleys? Twenty-five laps, if you can. I believe it's private land. 1st Prize=All medical expenses paid, and a beer. I'd pay good money to see that...:eek:

God, I love parts of America!

bruinsfan 04-10-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 293321)
How about a Wed night burnout there?

Perhaps a drunken race on Harleys? Twenty-five laps, if you can. I believe it's private land. 1st Prize=All medical expenses paid, and a beer. I'd pay good money to see that...:eek:

God, I love parts of America!

I’d love that. Count me in.

I’m not a party poop-er. Just believe in respecting public property; ie: the Daniel Webster Hwy. and the traveling public.

garysanfran 04-10-2018 09:21 PM

I'm serious.

Can you imagine Harleys on a go kart track?

I think a TV series?

Create personality interest like on Storage Wars.

This would be better than the circus barrel riders of old...No?

bruinsfan 04-11-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 293329)
I'm serious.

Can you imagine Harleys on a go kart track?

I think a TV series?

Create personality interest like on Storage Wars.

This would be better than the circus barrel riders of old...No?

You might be on to something. According to the Laconia Daily Sun, people find Bike Week to be boring, so they’ve decided to add hill climbing and stunt jumping. Perhaps your ideas will fall on the right ears.... Lol

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...otorcycle-week

Hillcountry 04-11-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan (Post 293353)
You might be on to something. According to the Laconia Daily Sun, people find Bike Week to be boring, so they’ve decided to add hill climbing and stunt jumping. Perhaps your ideas will fall on the right ears.... Lol

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...otorcycle-week

Bike week has always had hill climbs over at Gunstock...did they stop this for awhile? I see the "Tower St" referrence so maybe there'll be one right in the Wiers?

Woodsy 04-11-2018 11:09 AM

Hillcountry....

The Hill Climb was moved to Canaan NH a few years ago but it is back at Gunstock now. The Hillclimb BruinsFan mentioned is going to take place on Tower Hill and involve vintage bikes.

Hillcountry 04-11-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 293357)
Hillcountry....

The Hill Climb was moved to Canaan NH a few years ago but it is back at Gunstock now. The Hillclimb BruinsFan mentioned is going to take place on Tower Hill and involve vintage bikes.

Ahhh... didn’t know that. Of course it’s been a good 10 years since I went to the Gunstock hillclimbs or bike week for that matter.

Biggd 04-11-2018 01:14 PM

Not to paint all bikers with the same brush but they seem to think they own the town for that week. I use to be a biker back when it was only a weekend celebration. We were pretty arrogant youts :D back in the day and I was one of the calm ones.