Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ashland NH, Rt 93-Exit 24, Burger King (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26301)

fatlazyless 09-05-2020 05:36 PM

Ashland NH, Rt 93-Exit 24, Burger King

Yes, there's a Burger King right there at Exit 24, only you can't see it from Rt-93 cause the large bushes have grown so big that it's hidden from the highway and these large bushes are on state property.

Talk about a super steal of a deal on the incredibly high quality Whopper!

Normally, a Whopper sells for $4.19 at Burger King, but thanks to the restaurant industry's huge slowdown hit from the pandemic, the almighty Whopper is now two for $5.00, and you can substitute a chicken or a fish sandwich if you want and get say ...... a hamburg and a chicken, or a fish .... plus a free cup of quality water w/ ice.

Something to be thankful for ....... plus, the BK has a drive through take-out window, of course!

Like why spend $55 on clams at the lake when you can hit the BK and eat better for a lot less ..... plus there's no tipping, either ..... and don't forget to mention the ice. Like hey ...... you forgot the ice.

JADAQ 09-06-2020 06:52 PM

That is absolutely the WORST BK in the BK chain! I’ve given them many tries and they have failed every time!

The last visit the food was so bad I wouldn’t have given it to the dog!

STAY clear away from this establishment!!

Bumble2249 09-06-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JADAQ (Post 343074)
That is absolutely the WORST BK in the BK chain! I’ve given them many tries and they have failed every time!

The last visit the food was so bad I wouldn’t have given it to the dog!

STAY clear away from this establishment!!

Absolutely agree! Worst fast food chain location I've ever been to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gillygirl 09-07-2020 05:41 AM

Have you been to the McDonalds in Laconia lately?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 09-07-2020 07:29 AM

FLL has built up an ammunity to crappy cheap fast food. He must have an iron stomach. I wouldn't eat in any of the establishments he recomends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 09-07-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 343091)
Have you been to the McDonalds in Laconia lately?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Went there the other day for my son. It wasn’t any better or worse than any other Mickey Ds. Did you see something specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 09-07-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 343100)
Went there the other day for my son. It wasn’t any better or worse than any other Mickey Ds. Did you see something specific?

I had got a chicken sandwich there this past winter that was so full of grissel I couldn't eat it. The only thing I will go to a Mickey D's for is a cup of coffee and sometimes they can't even get that right.

upthesaukee 09-07-2020 08:15 AM

Not fine dining but...

Not fine dining, but every once in a while I get a hankering for a Big Mac.

Dave

joey2665 09-07-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 343102)
I had got a chicken sandwich there this past winter that was so full of grissel I couldn't eat it. The only thing I will go to a Mickey D's for is a cup of coffee and sometimes they can't even get that right.

I do not eat much fast food anymore but Mickey Ds fries are the best. [emoji4][emoji23]

fatlazyless 09-07-2020 09:48 AM

The Exit 24-BK: Basically, never-ever a long wait at their drive through window, and at two for five dollars. two Whoppers are worth the 20-minute drive from Meredith just for the food, alone.

Did you know the Ashland Burger King is located on New Hampshire's geographic center spot ...... that's right ...... so, go get centered and eat two Whoppers for just $5.44 ....... very centrally located!

Hey, every town has to be famous for something? ...... :D

TheTimeTraveler 09-07-2020 10:37 AM

Too bad there aren't any Wendy's around.......

Biggd 09-07-2020 10:38 AM

I would never drive 20 minutes for BK or McD's even if it was free!

Paugus Bay Resident 09-07-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 343117)

Gilford and Tilton, Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers are pretty good IMO. OMG, I gut sucked into an FLL thread :)

Biggd 09-07-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Wendy's is too upscale. [emoji23]

Winilyme 09-07-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 343114)
The Exit 24-BK: Basically, never-ever a long wait at their drive through window, and at two for five dollars. two Whoppers are worth the 20-minute drive from Meredith just for the food, alone.

Did you know the Ashland Burger King is located on New Hampshire's geographic center spot ...... that's right ...... so, go get centered and eat two Whoppers for just $5.44 ....... very centrally located!

Hey, every town has to be famous for something? ...... :D

FLL - I believe you’re one of those guys that would drive 20 minutes to save five cents on a gallon of gas.

Nearly every restaurant big and small has a renewed focus on takeout and without the artery-clogging aftermath. Call it ‘food fast’ versus ‘fast food’. Many run by local proprietors that appreciate you and could use your business. You may even save money (or at least break even) since you aren’t chasing a deal 20 minutes away.

Top-Water 09-07-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 343121)
Wendy's is too upscale. [emoji23]

L.M.A.O. Too too upscale. :laugh::laugh:

BroadHopper 09-07-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 343106)
Not fine dining, but every once in a while I get a hankering for a Big Mac.

Dave

Still full of 'green slime'?

joey2665 09-07-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Gilford near Shaw’s and Tilton

Biggd 09-07-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 343124)
L.M.A.O. Too too upscale. :laugh::laugh:

Where would we be if we didn't have the FLL & ApS post battle and giving us something to laugh about?[emoji23]

jbolty 09-08-2020 06:51 AM

I have nothing to add to this except I must have driven by that burger king 3000 times but don't think I ever stopped there and not for any reason, just never have.

fatlazyless 09-10-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbolty (Post 343176)
I have nothing to add to this except I must have driven by that burger king 3000 times but don't think I ever stopped there and not for any reason, just never have.

Well ok, but just go to www.bk.com/offers and check out their offer deals going on now...... they have a Whopper Wednesday, one dollar Whopper special on Wednesday..... plus there's a three dollar, double whopper meal, happening every day, with a drink.

And, you don't need to be a New Hampshire millionaire to stop at that Ashland Burger King and enjoy eating your Whopper!

Maybe if the parking lot had a special parking area designated just for the millionaires to park, this could get you to give the Ashland Burger King a visit?

8gv 09-10-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 343109)
I do not eat much fast food anymore but Mickey Ds fries are the best. [emoji4][emoji23]

Back in the day McD's in my parts served Lamb Weston fries cooked in beef tallow.

I hope that is waiting for me when I pass on!

thinkxingu 09-10-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 343356)
Back in the day McD's in my parts served Lamb Weston fries cooked in beef tallow.

I hope that is waiting for me when I pass on!

There's an interesting Revisionist History podcast about the history of MacDonald's fries.

Rich 09-10-2020 04:05 PM

Only because McD's was mentioned several times in this thread...

If you get a chance, watch "The Founder" on Netflix. It documents the growing pains of McD's and, well, some unsavory business practices that went on by "the founder".

Caution: You may decide to never visit there again, only because of the "founder's" business practices (no mention made of food quality.

It was an interesting movie.

8gv 09-10-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 343367)
Only because McD's was mentioned several times in this thread...

If you get a chance, watch "The Founder" on Netflix. It documents the growing pains of McD's and, well, some unsavory business practices that went on by "the founder".

Caution: You may decide to never visit there again, only because of the "founder's" business practices (no mention made of food quality.

It was an interesting movie.

I enjoyed that movie.

Though it was absent in the movie, my favorite Ray Kroc saying (maybe original, maybe borrowed) is “When your competition is drowning, shove a hose down his throat!”

It worked for me. :D

winni83 09-10-2020 08:07 PM

My family knew Richard McDonald well. He and his brother Maurice were originally from Manchester, NH and Richard returned to NH from California after the Kroc deal, living in Bedford, NH. He regaled us with lots of stories about the start of McOonalds. One interesting story involved the “Golden Arches”; they went to several different architects who thought that the arches design was hideous before finding one who would incorporate the arches into the building. Dick always said he insisted that his idea for the arches had to be part of the building. He had the cancelled check from the Kroc deal framed in his den. He was a gracious and generous man. I found it painful to watch the movie about Kroc.