Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hunter’s Shop n’ Save Rebuild (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29420)

Grady223 04-13-2024 08:43 AM

Hunter’s Shop n’ Save Rebuild

I understand the projected reopening of Hunter’s Shop n’ Save will but sometime in June. This is wonderful news! Anyone have current pictures of its status? We are Wolfeboro area islanders and miss it terribly.

camp guy 04-13-2024 09:06 AM

Hunter's Shop n' Save Rebuild

I don't have any pictures, but I can tell you that the level of activity on the site is crazy busy. There are pieces of equipment everywhere, construction workers everywhere, and all aimed at the some-time-in-June opening date.
The "new" store is larger than before, and will be equipped with the latest and greatest technology available.
Yes, everybody is anxiously awaiting Opening Day.

tis 04-13-2024 10:04 AM

There are pictures on FB.

FlyingScot 04-14-2024 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 392643)
I don't have any pictures, but I can tell you that the level of activity on the site is crazy busy. There are pieces of equipment everywhere, construction workers everywhere, and all aimed at the some-time-in-June opening date.
The "new" store is larger than before, and will be equipped with the latest and greatest technology available.
Yes, everybody is anxiously awaiting Opening Day.

Yes, drove by the other day, and it's impressive from the street. I do not have a sense for how much larger, but I hope they are able to maintain the homey feeling of the old place. It was just big enough for a full shop, without the overwhelming abundance/crowds of most supermarkets

Merrymeeting 04-15-2024 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 392644)
There are pictures on FB.

Link? Can't locate them. Thanks

tis 04-15-2024 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 392682)
Link? Can't locate them. Thanks

This is the only one I found but I know there are some after this. Try "Wolfeboro Community Group" for more and " You Know You're From Wolfeboro, NH if" also because I thought there were some there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1858...%20%27n%20save

patman 05-01-2024 01:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pictures as of today

FlyingScot 05-01-2024 04:08 PM

June seems optimistic. Anyone with actual knowledge?

tis 05-01-2024 05:30 PM

They are hiring help for a June opening.

BrownstoneNorth 05-01-2024 08:46 PM

The owner says June 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 392977)
June seems optimistic. Anyone with actual knowledge?

Daniel Craffey, who's the owner, has been posting consistently on the Wolfeboro Community Group Facebook that he expects the grand opening to be on June 20. The most recent post I noticed was April 1: “June 20, see you there.”

This is the link to the group but you have to be a member to read the posts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/830382647075496

tis 05-03-2024 03:18 PM

"Hunters Shop N Save last update before 6/20 @ 10 am grand opening. Beautiful refrigerated Cases are being installed now, shelving comes next week, siding should be done soon, sewer hook up soon , parking lot curbing and paving soon. Decor package is being manufactured and installed next 4 - 5 weeks . Still lots to do but on schedule. Thank you again for your patience. Our employees are excited to see all our old and new customers again!"

This is from Daniel Craffey and he says it's the last update.

patman 05-18-2024 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As of today

tis 05-18-2024 01:40 PM

We just went by. It looks great, doesn't it? Maybe even better than it does in your pictures.

TheTimeTraveler 05-19-2024 08:04 AM

I was by yesterday as well and it does look fantastic!

The only downside I see is that I believe available parking will be an issue during peak business times in July and August. I don't believe enough parking spaces will be available if the new Hunter's store does more business than the old Hunter's store did.

Available parking spaces likely will also hurt Walgreens (as well as Hunters) during peak periods.

tis 05-19-2024 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 393393)
I was by yesterday as well and it does look fantastic!

The only downside I see is that I believe available parking will be an issue during peak business times in July and August. I don't believe enough parking spaces will be available if the new Hunter's store does more business than the old Hunter's store did.

Available parking spaces likely will also hurt Walgreens (as well as Hunters) during peak periods.

You know it is closer to the street than it used to be so it certainly does look like it has less parking but it does have as many parking places as it did before if not more.

TheTimeTraveler 05-19-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 393399)
You know it is closer to the street than it used to be so it certainly does look like it has less parking but it does have as many parking places as it did before if not more.

Well I am not real good with math but I don't know how you can have the same amount of parking if the new building is longer and wider than the previous old A&P building (Hunter's). Unless the lot size has grown you most definitely won't have "more parking spaces than it did before"........

The month of July will be the real test!

Descant 05-19-2024 03:42 PM

Site Plan review

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 393404)
Well I am not real good with math but I don't know how you can have the same amount of parking if the new building is longer and wider than the previous old A&P building (Hunter's). Unless the lot size has grown you most definitely won't have "more parking spaces than it did before"........

Parking is always something that Planning Boards look at as part of site plan approval. One way to "gain" invisible parking is to provide employee parking offsite. You can also gain parking by moving outdoor product sales e.g. plants, somewhere else, or agreeing to remove snow instead of storing it on site. I don't know what they've done here, but I expect it will all work out.

tis 05-19-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 393404)

They bought a couple of building in back of them and also Walgreen's (the building not the business) so they are going to have more parking in the back. Not sure if it's still in the works but they were talking about a drive through at Walgreen's. Of course drive throughs are frowned upon in Wolfeboro.