Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Snow mobile rentals (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5499)

sally@sunset 01-19-2008 12:58 PM

Snow mobile rentals

Does anyone in the area know where snowmobiles can be rented for a day? Ossipee, Tamworth, Conway or Moultonboro area. Are there any places left? I have weekend rentors coming in February and would love to go snowmobiling. Appreciate any information, Thanks
sunsetlodges@roadrunner.com

Skip 01-19-2008 04:07 PM

Snowmobile rental agents

I have attached the NH Fish & Game link to OHRV/Snowmobile rental agents in NH & nearby Fryeburg, ME.

There are three NH agents of interest in the Conway/North Conway/Bartlett area and one just over the border in Fryeburg.

Town & Country is a very reputable dealer and right on Corridor 19 for some great riding right from the dealership!

Snowmobile Rental Agents

sally@sunset 01-20-2008 12:53 PM

Snow mobile rentals

A big thank you for information, I will pass it along.

Seeker 01-20-2008 07:30 PM

Snomo rentals

I'm not 100% sure they still do it but Canoe King in Tamworth opposite White Lake State park and the State police used to rent them although if they still do I think Skip would have mentioned them.

Skip 01-20-2008 10:08 PM

Canoe King

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 61680)
I'm not 100% sure they still do it but Canoe King in Tamworth opposite White Lake State park and the State police used to rent them although if they still do I think Skip would have mentioned them.

Unfortunately Canoe King got out of that portion of the business.

fatlazyless 01-21-2008 05:44 PM

L L Cote

While everyone knows about Maine's L L Bean, did you know that Errol, New Hampshire has www.llcote.com, the gigundic retail home of the Great White Moose, and snowmobile rentals, and snowmobile equipment, and hunting equipment, and fishing, and outboard motors, and atv's, and motorcycles, and boats, and hardware, and a lot more stuff. Easy to find in downtown Errol NH, at the big intersection of rts 26 & 16, at the top of the 13mile woods-Androscoggin River Rd.....worth the trip from anywhere....sno-mo rental details in the website...and located in the 'SNO-MO AREA #51' of northern New England, and almost exactly one half way between the equator and the north pole....check that out on your gps, and if you need a gps, they have that, too!!

dva 01-22-2008 05:56 PM

Snowmobile rental

Just got back from a trip to West Yellowstone,plenty of sleds to rent out there.One trip out there a year is better than owning sleds here.

hockeypuck 01-22-2008 07:14 PM

I have rented snowmobiles up in Pittsburg NH. Living in CT, trails are few to none, very difficult to just hop on and go. I have found with all the costs figured in, it is much more affordable to pick the time and place to rent one. No purchase cost, no insurance, no registration, no trail fees, no depreciation,no trailer costs, no hauling the things in bad weather. etc...Tall Timber Lodge has some reasonable packages for it's guest. Great place to stay, eat and snowmobile. Go to www.talltimber.com

sally@sunset 01-24-2008 06:09 PM

Snow mobile rentals

Thank you to all who have responded to question about snowmobile rentals. I stopped by at Canoe King today and they do not rent them anymore. They did give me a couple of flyers for Bartlett Area and Fryburg Me, which I will pass on to my rentors. I just might suggest they try cross country skiing instead down in Wolfeboro at Nordic Skiier, They can go right out the front door and on to the lake... Thanks again!