Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lobster Pound (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18391)

Den65 10-20-2014 04:12 PM

Lobster Pound

Anyone know why the L.P is closed. The sign has been up for a while?

WaterBoyzGal 10-20-2014 04:46 PM

I also found their web site wb-lp.com is not working either

wifi 10-20-2014 05:57 PM

Well, their phone answers with an answering machine after a few rings, so they still have phone and power :D

dragonfly03246 10-21-2014 10:27 AM

Let the rumors commence.....

:laugh:

They are closed for renovations and upgrading for 3 weeks.

Den65 10-21-2014 03:06 PM

Should post it

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonfly03246 (Post 235311)

Thanks They should put that on their sign. I thought we had lost another restaurant. The stress on my waistline would have been to much.....:laugh::laugh:

Woodsy 10-21-2014 03:25 PM

It should be interesting to see how it all plays out.... don't expect them to be re-opening much before Dec 1st....

Woodsy

WaterBoyzGal 10-21-2014 06:12 PM

They appear to use Open Table reservations. When you search for reservation, it gives next available as Wednesday, Dec. 3rd.

secondcurve 10-21-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

How many times have you seen a restaurant "closed for renovations" never to open again?

livenh 10-22-2014 10:11 AM

Lobster pound

Does anyone know what is going on with the Lobster Pound? The sign said "closed" and now says "just wait"...............hmmm.............

sluggo 10-22-2014 11:09 AM

The Lobster pound is changing over to an Italian Restaurant . From what I have been told ownership is staying the same and a name change hasn't been decided on yet. They're supposed to re-open around Christmas or sooner....

8gv 10-22-2014 11:18 AM

No lobsters, no peace! :liplick:

Wolfeboro_Baja 10-24-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sluggo (Post 235367)
The Lobster pound is changing over to an Italian Restaurant . From what I have been told ownership is staying the same and a name change hasn't been decided on yet. They're supposed to re-open around Christmas or sooner....

Well, they haven't registered a new trade name yet so we'll have to keep waiting to see what they come up with.

No lobsters, know peace. :D

Winnisquamguy 10-25-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja (Post 235457)
No lobsters, know peace. :D

They never had lobster half the time anyway. They always said we're sold out.:rolleye1:

BroadHopper 10-25-2014 08:53 AM

Italian Restuarant!

Oh Boy, just what the area need another Italian Restaurant!

What I like to see is a Greek or Mediterranean style restaurant. Unless there is one in the area already.

The Blue Bistro is close but not year round.

Irish mist 10-25-2014 10:46 PM

It's the path of least resistance for them....easy & quick.

Winnisquamguy 10-26-2014 10:59 AM

If the town stops screwing around with the new owners of the former Pasta Patio in Belmont there will be yet another Italian Restaurant to choose from.

KPW 10-27-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 235486)

What I like to see is a Greek or Mediterranean style restaurant.

That would be awesome.

Misha888 10-28-2014 11:10 PM

Hmmm

Didn't they just renovate and upgrade the place?

Quote:

robmac 10-30-2014 07:45 AM

For whatever the reason for the renovation they certainly did a good job on the first one and I for one am excited to see what they do now. It is a shame when we lose a good business in the area and I only hope we didn't lose this one.

Bumble2249 10-30-2014 10:18 PM

We didn't. Don't worry..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overlake97 11-11-2014 05:43 PM

Faro Italian Grille - coming soon

That's what Lobster Pound's sign said today (Nov 11).

smith point boater 11-12-2014 07:35 AM

Faros

Small non descript ad in the Laconia Daily Sun today. Opening in December

Woodsy 11-12-2014 08:36 AM

Stay toooned.... I have seen some of the upgrades. Should be a GREAT addition to the area...

Woodsy

Phantom 11-12-2014 10:31 AM

Awwwww .... now that's just an awful tease !

jrc 11-12-2014 03:07 PM

What kind of change is this?

Same owners, same staff, new décor, new menu?

In the past I found the LP to be a very popular, if cliquey bar with a mediocre restaurant. And poor entrance design forcing patrons to run a smoker gauntlet.

belly_button_biter 11-12-2014 06:44 PM

gift certs

How will the changes affect Lobster Pound gift certificates?

Bumble2249 11-12-2014 11:14 PM

Lobster Pound

Check out the new simply direct mailer that came out today! Their ad is in it. You can see it also at www.simplydirectnh.com under current mailer.

upthesaukee 11-12-2014 11:36 PM

I couldn't find the mailer in the previous link...

but this will get you there:

http://www.simplydirectnh.com/upload...ber_2014_1.pdf

MeredithMan 12-02-2014 04:03 PM

Faro Italian Grille

Drove by the Lobster Pound/Faro Italian Grille this past weekend. New big sign is up, where the old LP sign was next to the street. Still a big dumpster at the front door, however, lumber all around.

As we drove by, we wondered if they will remodel the lighthouse tower into a Leaning Tower of Pisa?? :laugh::laugh::D

Greene's Basin Girl 12-02-2014 08:27 PM

Very funny!

Bumble2249 12-02-2014 10:48 PM

Why is that even slightly amusing? Faro is Italian for lighthouse! Really???

PaugusBayFireFighter 12-03-2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble2249 (Post 237123)

When I see a lighthouse on a New England restaurant I think seafood. I understand they probably had to incorporate the existing building design to the new theme. Faro makes sense if you already have a lighthouse.

Meredith Man. Eventually everything on that corner ends up leaning. Be patient and you'll get your Pisa!

Hopefully they do well.

PaugusBayFireFighter 12-03-2014 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 237114)
Drove by the Lobster Pound/Faro Italian Grille this past weekend. New big sign is up, where the old LP sign was next to the street. Still a big dumpster at the front door, however, lumber all around.

As we drove by, we wondered if they will remodel the lighthouse tower into a Leaning Tower of Pisa?? :laugh::laugh::D

I remember The Prince Restaurant in Saugus Mass had that design. Route 1 had great restaurant designs. The Ship, Hilltop Steakhouse, Kowloon and the Orange T-Rex at the miniature golf place.
There was a big fruit store too. The Golden Banana. At least that's what my parents told me it was.

MeredithMan 12-03-2014 08:00 AM

Excuse my ignorance of the Italian language...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble2249 (Post 237123)

Please excuse my ignorance of the Italian language. Nonetheless, when you drive by the building, the lighthouse tower screams, "I'm a seafood restaurant in here".

I still think my post is pretty darn funny....

MeredithMan 12-03-2014 08:02 AM

I agree with you 100%....

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 237125)
When I see a lighthouse on a New England restaurant I think seafood. I understand they probably had to incorporate the existing building design to the new theme. Faro makes sense if you already have a lighthouse.

Meredith Man. Eventually everything on that corner ends up leaning. Be patient and you'll get your Pisa!

Hopefully they do well.

Agree completely, both in your restaurant lighthouse assessment and your Weirs assessment.

Phantom 12-03-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 237126)
There was a big fruit store too. The Golden Banana. At least that's what my parents told me it was.

Don't think that slipped by some of us !!! :D

ishoot308 12-03-2014 08:43 AM

Golden Banana

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 237126)

They had the BEST fruit there!!! :banana:

Dan

BroadHopper 12-03-2014 11:41 AM

Just what we need in this area is another Italian restaurant. :look:

Phantom 12-03-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 237137)

Quite honestly BroadHopper .... since Abondante's in Merideth closed followed by the one over by the Belknap Mall (now Mexican) .... I can't think of a single other "good" Italian restaurant other than Fratello's.

enlighten me to where they all are ...... We love good/ authentic Italian food

(I am being quite serious)

belly_button_biter 12-03-2014 12:03 PM

I thought the Lobster Pound's previous menu included some fairly tasty Italian. I'm looking forward to the new restaurant. But I am still curious about gift certificates

Janet 12-03-2014 12:04 PM

Really miss Abondante's

LakeSnake 12-03-2014 12:09 PM

Try Noland's in Wolfeboro

BroadHopper 12-03-2014 01:09 PM

Italian Resturants

There is Rossi's on 104 in New Hampton. Although not an Italian restaurant, they do have great Italian dishes South Main St Pizza in Laconia.

I guess your right, all the restaurants that came to mind are now close. O's, CJ Avery's and T-Bones do have good Italian choices.

The only real 'authentic' IItalian restaurant north of Boston that I enjoy is the 'Picolo Italia', downtown ManchVegas.

WakeboardMom 12-03-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 237140)
Quite honestly BroadHopper .... since Abondante's in Merideth closed followed by the one over by the Belknap Mall (now Mexican) .... I can't think of a single other "good" Italian restaurant other than Fratello's.

I've never been, but people here have spoken highly of Rossi's on route 104. Coincidentally, they have an ad on the same page of that flyer posted above as the new Faro restaurant.

PaugusBayFireFighter 12-03-2014 02:18 PM

Doesn't Lago claim to be an Italian restaurant?

We wouldn't go back there again. Awful from start to finish.

Airedale1 12-03-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 237145)
The only real 'authentic' Italian restaurant north of Boston that I enjoy is the 'Piccola Italia', downtown ManchVegas.

You got that right! I couldn't agree more. I am originally from East Boston and John Paolini, the owner/chef of Piccola's is a life long friend of mine.
He started out as a kid learning his craft at Jeveli's Restaurant in East Boston and then was a cook at Joe Tecce's restaurant in the North End. There he met another great chef, Annibale Todesca. When Annibale left Tecce's to open the Colloseum Restaurant in Salem, NH he took John with him and John was his head Chef there until John went on his own and opened Piccola Italia.

If you ever have a chance check out his restaurant.

http://www.piccolaitalianh.com/

Phantom 12-03-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 237151)
Doesn't Lago claim to be an Italian restaurant?

Key Words ..... Claims to be

enuf said :D

jrc 12-03-2014 08:08 PM

How about Guiseppes, pretty good traditional Italian-American food for the lakes region.

Bumble2249 12-03-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 237140)

Lago and Giussepes don't come close to Frattelos so in my opinion there is only one italian restaurant currently. One of which could be much better.

So I'm looking forward to some good authentic Italian dining.

Duke's 12-04-2014 08:45 AM

I agree with the comments about Rossi's. We have been going there at least once a week since we discovered it two years ago. Authentic Italian food made by the owner, Margo. They now have sea food too, so it's the best of both worlds.

MeredithMan 12-04-2014 09:10 AM

Rossi's rocks....

Agree with previous comments about Rossi's. For us, it had been one of those places you drive by for years, but never stop in. We finally did earlier this year and we are so glad we did. Food is great; portions are more than adequate; and prices are very reasonable, (dare I say, inexpensive....$5 for a glass of wine...:) ).

It is certainly not "fine dining", but if you want great Italian food at a low price it definitely fits the bill.

MM

moose tracks 12-04-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 237168)
Agree with previous comments about Rossi's. For us, it had been one of those places you drive by for years, but never stop in. We finally did earlier this year and we are so glad we did. Food is great; portions are more than adequate; and prices are very reasonable, (dare I say, inexpensive....$5 for a glass of wine...:) ).

It is certainly not "fine dining", but if you want great Italian food at a low price it definitely fits the bill.

MM

My wife and I have been going to Rossi’s in New Hampton for over 10 years. We feel they serve the best Italian food in the lakes area. As MeredithMan pointed out, it certainly isn’t fine dining and the rustic atmosphere could use some updating but they serve good authentic Italian food. Margot and her family has owned and run the restaurant for over 25 years. Service is great and now they also have seafood on their menu.

Phantom 12-04-2014 10:27 AM

You convinced me when I read a glass of wine for $5 ! :D

VitaBene 12-04-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke's (Post 237167)
I agree with the comments about Rossi's. We have been going there at least once a week since we discovered it two years ago. Authentic Italian food made by the owner, Margo. They now have sea food too, so it's the best of both worlds.

Kevin, formerly of Kevin's Cafe, is at Rossi's now. He knows his way around fish!!

GUNNER 12-05-2014 09:29 AM

Menu

Here is link for proposed Menu for Faro Italian Grille.

http://www.opentable.com/faro-italian-grille

VitaBene 12-05-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUNNER (Post 237187)

From the Open Table description...

Celebrating more than 35 years, the Faro Italian Grille has stood as a cornerstone of Weirs Beach, NH on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee.
Our menu offers a great selection of seafood, steaks and chicken; heart healthy items, A Taste of Italy specialties, and always one or more specials.
It’s easy to see why the Faro Italian Grille, just yards from Weirs Beach on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Our guests are welcome to stroll our indoor and outdoor decks overlooking the boardwalk and sands of Weirs Beach, or if you prefer, relax in our well stocked lounge with an extensive wine list and big screen televisions to watch your favorite sporting events.
Supporting and servicing Bikeweek, vendors and thousands of visitors each June, you too can enjoy the food, entertainment, and hospitality that the Faro Italian Grille has to offer.

It is hard to be a favorite when you have not opened yet (they certainly have not been open for 35 years).

john60ri 12-05-2014 10:13 AM

Italian

Our favorite when we're up there is Fratello's. We'll be sure to try Rossi's next time. We went to the Italian Farmhouse in Plymouth years ago. Is it still open?

Phantom 12-05-2014 10:21 AM

Thanks for sharing .... I'm a member of Open Table and never thought to look there until they were open

First reaction:
Beyond the Marketing hype (which I can live with)..... I sure hope the menu changes ..... this is rather disappointing!

No Italian soups ... Ministrone, Wedding, sausage
No Veal dishes ... picatta, Marsala, Saltimboca

Do I have anyone hungry yet?

Also -- why are there chicken dishes included under the PASTA section .... and no Bolognese ?

Unfortunately & sadly (it looks like to me) this will be nothing more than a cross breed of Giuseppe's & the old Lobster Pound ....... don't want to bash a place before it's even open, but this is underwhelming.

BroadHopper 12-05-2014 10:22 AM

Italian Farmhouse

is still open, but not a favorite. You can get the same Italian dishes at any of the Common Man restaurants.

SIKSUKR 12-05-2014 10:40 AM

Interesting that on their menu they have catagories of Lobster Pound sandwiches and Lobster Pound pizza.Is this place still half Lobster Pound?Kind of weird named catagories for Italian food.

KarenM 12-05-2014 12:00 PM

Open table has not yet been updated..

first my disclaimer.....I will be working at Faro Italian Grille.

The menu has not been updated on Open Table yet. I had the pleasure of sampling most of the menu items yesterday, and the dishes are wonderful.

Only fresh pasta is used, and dishes include Papardelle alla Bolognese, Spaghetti also Scoglio, and Ziti ala Buonguataia. The Bistenna Di Manzo alla Florentini is prepared with a 16 oz Certified Angus sirloin and is outstanding. The menu includes chicken, pork, lamb and seafood dishes, salads, soup and appetizers.

Faro Italian Grille will open Sunday at 4:00pm. If any of the forum members drop in, please say hello!

Rusty 12-05-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenM (Post 237196)
first my disclaimer.....I will be working at Faro Italian Grille.

You will be working at Faro Italian Grille is a "disclaimer"?

I don't get it?

KarenM 12-05-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 237197)

I don't get it?

Rusty, there is always a bit of suspicion when posts are made in the restaurant forum. I wanted everyone to know that I am affiliated with Faro Italian Grille so they wouldn't wonder about the origin of the information in my post. :-)

Wolfeboro_Baja 12-05-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 237188)

Celebrating more than 35 years, the Faro Italian Grille has stood as a cornerstone of Weirs Beach, NH on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee.

Is it just me or is that a huge stretch of the truth? As "Faro Italian Grille", they're not even open yet. As the "Weirs Beach Lobster Pound", they've only been open since 2007 or 2008 (by the current owners). The original registration of "The Weirs Beach Lobster Pound and Barbeque Pit" dates back to 1980 (original owners unknown). In 1990, the name changed to "Weirs Beach Lobster Pound", owned by Weirs Beach Family Restaurant, Inc. I don't understand how the current owners can claim "Celebrating more than 35 years..." when they have only operated there for 7 years.

Good timing; they just completed the registration of the new name effective yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 237188)

It’s easy to see why the Faro Italian Grille, just yards from Weirs Beach on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Our guests are welcome to stroll our indoor and outdoor decks overlooking the boardwalk and sands of Weirs Beach,...

YARDS?!? When I read "just yards", I'm not thinking of 50 yards! And, I'm sorry but I don't believe they "overlook" the "boardwalk and sands of Weirs Beach". True, they are uphill from the beach but they're still 50 yds away. You'd need binoculars to identify a person on the beach.

Go ahead, call it nitpicking but I prefer to think of it as truth in advertising.

Phantom 12-05-2014 01:16 PM

Karen -

Pardon the question ... but were you once affiliated with a Restaurant now occupied by the TD Bank ?

or do I have my Karen's mixed up ?

Rusty 12-05-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenM (Post 237198)
Rusty, there is always a bit of suspicion when posts are made in the restaurant forum. I wanted everyone to know that I am affiliated with Faro Italian Grille so they wouldn't wonder about the origin of the information in my post. :-)

The way you worded it is that you wanted us to know that you aren't working for the Lobster Pound.

Disclaimer means a statement that denies something. You sated that you deny working for them.

"first my disclaimer.....I will be working at Faro Italian Grille."

At least that's how I understand the above statement.

Happy Gourmand 12-05-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 237197)

I don't get it?

Maybe she should have said claimer instead of disclaimer? :)
Either way, it seems a bit disingenuous to be bashing the place before before it even opens and they have a chance to work out the inevitable kinks, and I can just about guarantee there will be some....and I will guarantee they will be flamed for it here. After all, it IS the Lobster Pound, right?
I wish them well. It's a tough business, and it's a tough time of year to be opening in an area that mostly caters to and depends on summertime traffic.

KarenM 12-05-2014 01:33 PM

No Phantom, it must be a different Karen.

Rusty, sorry For the confusion! I guess I should have started my post "in the interest of full disclosure..."!

brk-lnt 12-05-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 237203)
The way you worded it is that you wanted us to know that you aren't working for the Lobster Pound.

Disclaimer means a statement that denies something. You sated that you deny working for them.

I think you interpreted her post wrongly, and opposite of what the "common" interpretation would be.

She put a disclaimer that she is affiliated with Faro because she has positive reviews and insider info about the business and menu. A reasonable person could assume she has some bias (and that's OK). Making her post WITHOUT any sort of reference that she has a vested interest in the business would be a bit shady. Stating up front, as she did, that she is associated with the restaurant helps eliminate the crazy speculations and mud flinging common in this section.

Rusty 12-05-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brk-lnt (Post 237206)
I think you interpreted her post wrongly, and opposite of what the "common" interpretation would be.

She put a disclaimer that she is affiliated with Faro because she has positive reviews and insider info about the business and menu. A reasonable person could assume she has some bias (and that's OK). Making her post WITHOUT any sort of reference that she has a vested interest in the business would be a bit shady. Stating up front, as she did, that she is associated with the restaurant helps eliminate the crazy speculations and mud flinging common in this section.

Maybe you're right but IMO you don't disclaim that you work for someone if in fact you do.

That's all I'm saying and that's how I read it.

Have a good day!

Phantom 12-05-2014 02:50 PM

WOW --

You get flamed on this forum for grammar now too ! :rolleye1:

Pineedles 12-05-2014 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja (Post 237199)
YARDS?!? When I read "just yards", I'm not thinking of 50 yards! And, I'm sorry but I don't believe they "overlook" the "boardwalk and sands of Weirs Beach". True, they are uphill from the beach but they're still 50 yds away. You'd need binoculars to identify a person on the beach.

Perhaps they were thinking of an ad they posted 4 years ago.:laugh:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...07&postcount=4

BroadHopper 12-05-2014 03:40 PM

Truth in advertising

If they stretch the truth this bad, they surely must be hurting for business!

I'm sure Bike Week is all the business they need to survive year round!

VitaBene 12-05-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 237203)

...I will be working at Faro Italian Grille.I don't know how she could have said it more clearly.

upthesaukee 12-05-2014 08:02 PM

Love the wine listing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUNNER (Post 237187)

You can get your wine by the glass, or by the pitcher :eek::laugh:!!!!!!!

chasedawg 12-05-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 237214)
...I will be working at Faro Italian Grille.I don't know how she could have said it more clearly.

I think Rusty is the one that is confused.

Bumble2249 12-05-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 237191)
is still open, but not a favorite. You can get the same Italian dishes at any of the Common Man restaurants.

Are you serious? I ate at Faro tonight for their soft opening and the food was phenomenal! The Common Man doesn't serve anything close to what Faro has to offer.

But I guess if your use to sub par main stream food, Italian or otherwise, than you should def stick with all the Common Man restaurants. That's exactly what they will serve you.

robmac 12-06-2014 11:24 AM

I know this will probably blow up in my face but I want to say it anyway. The owners have made a business decision to change the name and focus of their business. As a business owner you have to look at your long range plan for success and longevity. I think they did a good job the first time and I for one am looking forward to see what they bring to the table next. I dont have any financial stake in the place but have enjoyed going as a customer. IMHO

lilyelgato 12-06-2014 12:18 PM

disclaimer

Just to beat a dead horse, Rusty and Karen are both right in the use of disclaimer. If one took a literal definition of the word, to disclaim would be to denounce a prior statement or cede a claim to something. But popular usage of "disclaimer" includes statements that clarify the parameters of a claim in order to avoid liability if expectations resulting from the statement are not met. Thus, they're both kind of right. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disclaimer for a much better explanation than any I could attempt.

Rusty 12-06-2014 12:54 PM

The truth of the matter is that the word "disclaimer" should not have been used at all.
She just should have said: Just to let everyone know, "I will be working at Faro Italian Grille."

Rusty 12-06-2014 01:06 PM

I know, I'm an A**Hole.

KarenM 12-06-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 237242)
The truth of the matter is that the word "disclaimer" should not have been used at all.
She just should have said: Just to let everyone know, "I will be working at Faro Italian Grille."

Rusty, no offense taken here. I looked up the definition on the Merriam Webster website, and it looks like we are both right!

Billy Bob 12-06-2014 05:33 PM

long winter

it's early December and the year round folks are already ready to kill each other !! Got to love it .
you need to get out in the sun , lots of anger and hostility and several months to go !!

jetskier 12-06-2014 05:52 PM

Useful information?

Frankly, it would be nice to get some useful information such as when the restaurant opens or reviews from the soft opening. Personally, I would like to try it and form my own opinion.

Squabbling about semantics is not useful!

Jetskier :cool:

Greene's Basin Girl 12-07-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 237250)
it's early December and the year round folks are already ready to kill each other !! Got to love it .
you need to get out in the sun , lots of anger and hostility and several months to go !!

If you want to get some sun, NH in November is not the place to be . November is New Hampshire's cloudiest month of the year.

Resident 2B 12-07-2014 05:45 PM

Drove by Lobster Pound/Faro Italian Grille Friday evening and the sign stated "Opening Dec 7". That would be today. It looked like there was plenty going on inside and the place looked great to me from the street.

I wish them well in the new format.

R2B

secondcurve 12-07-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 237280)
If you want to get some sun, NH in November is not the place to be . November is New Hampshire's cloudiest month of the year.

Thankfully, we are now in the month of December. Advance your calendar!

Greene's Basin Girl 12-08-2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondcurve (Post 237283)
Thankfully, we are now in the month of December. Advance your calendar!

So sorry that I made a mistake. There are many many mistakes ,such as incorrect spelling on this forum, but I just let it go.

wifi 12-08-2014 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 237290)
So sorry that I made a mistake. There are many many mistakes ,such as incorrect spelling on this forum, but I just let it go.

You should put the space after the comma, not before !!

JK, have a nice day :laugh:

dpg 12-08-2014 07:08 AM

Huh??

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 237137)

Are you being sarcastic or sincere?? :confused:

BroadHopper 12-08-2014 09:25 AM

Rereading the posts

I would say I did not realized most of the Italian restaurants I visited in the past decades are closed. I though there were too many in the area to warrant another one. So yes I was sincere.

On another note, why are there few Italian bistros in the area and many have closed? That's a good question to warrant an answer that I have no idea. Maybe there is not a large market for Italian?

secondcurve 12-08-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 237305)
I would say I did not realized most of the Italian restaurants I visited in the past decades are closed. I though there were too many in the area to warrant another one. So yes I was sincere.

On another note, why are there few Italian bistros in the area and many have closed? That's a good question to warrant an answer that I have no idea. Maybe there is not a large market for Italian?

Intuitively, it seems that a lobster pound restaurant theme is more geared to a summer recreational area like Winnipesaukee than an Italian restaurant concept. I suppose they can always switch back to the lobster pound concept if they get hammered this summer.

secondcurve 12-08-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 237290)

You have been forgiven but please don't let it happen again. :laugh:

pjard 12-08-2014 07:25 PM

Has anyone actually been there yet? How is it?

upthesaukee 12-08-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjard (Post 237320)

See post 77.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

sum-r breeze 12-08-2014 08:33 PM

Mike?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble2249 (Post 237223)
Are you serious? I ate at Faro tonight for their soft opening and the food was phenomenal! The Common Man doesn't serve anything close to what Faro has to offer.

But I guess if your use to sub par main stream food, Italian or otherwise, than you should def stick with all the Common Man restaurants. That's exactly what they will serve you.

When they had "Nadia's" the food was always great! :liplick: Does anyone know if Michael is involved in this new venture. He was a big part of the personality of the last restaurant, and we really enjoyed going there just to joke with him about how the pasta cooked.:laugh: Great guy!

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I"ll be wavin' back

Misha888 12-08-2014 08:35 PM

Drove in tonight . . .

1 Attachment(s)
and the behemoth sign says opening 12/7. There was only one car there, until another one pulled up. That was around 4 p.m.

I'll try anything once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjard (Post 237320)

Misha888 12-08-2014 08:39 PM

And really,

ya'll are over the top sometimes. Entertainment for days when I read the replies. Thank you!

Jeanzb1 12-08-2014 10:59 PM

I googled Faro Italian Grille, and I found that they are closed on Mondays. Seems odd that they would have their big opening on a Sunday and then close the following day, but they did. Anyway, I wish them well.

Bumble2249 12-08-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misha888 (Post 237324)
and the behemoth sign says opening 12/7. There was only one car there, until another one pulled up. That was around 4 p.m.

I'll try anything once.

That's because they're closed on Mondays.....