Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   iPad e-mail (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24114)

bclaker 01-16-2019 02:26 PM

iPad e-mail

Does anyone know how to delete all e-mails on iPad with a single set of strokes. I used to be able to do it using the MOVE button, but that doesn’t work any more. I have about 50,000 e-mails that need to be deleted. I posted the question on Facebook but got no answers. I also tried Googling it and several said the way I used to do it, but one said with one of the OS updates, it was deleted and they have to be deleted one at a time.

Biggd 01-16-2019 02:35 PM

You have to read them all first.:D

joey2665 01-16-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 306456)
Does anyone know how to delete all e-mails on iPad with a single set of strokes. I used to be able to do it using the MOVE button, but that doesn’t work any more. I have about 50,000 e-mails that need to be deleted. I posted the question on Facebook but got no answers. I also tried Googling it and several said the way I used to do it, but one said with one of the OS updates, it was deleted and they have to be deleted one at a time.

Go into the email folder hit EDIT, select the emails to delete, then hit trash at the bottom

Woodguy53 01-16-2019 05:57 PM

IPad email

Likely it’s the way your email service is set up. Pre-iPad you likely used a PC or Mac that was connected to your isp. When you deleted email it deleted from your isp servers. Once you go to multiple access points - ie iPhone,iPad and PC the email on your mobile devices will not delete off the server unless set up to do that. If you only have an iPad and don’t access email from other devices it can be set up to delete when downloaded

If you have multiple devices either your ISP supplier or Apple support can help you with the best way to handle it

Downeast 01-16-2019 07:54 PM

mass emails flocking to the trash can..

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 306456)

i believe you :

1- hit edit (circles appear)
2- check just one email in your box
3- hold finger on "move" (located at the bottom of screen)
4- while holding finger on "move", un-check that one email.

a folder should then display

5- click trashcan
and all emails should migrate to the trash folder at one time.

again, not confident 100% this is applicable to every IOS version.

bclaker 01-17-2019 09:19 AM

Deleting all e-mail messages with one click

That is exactly the way I used to do it, but it doesn’t work now.

joey2665 01-17-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 306488)
That is exactly the way I used to do it, but it doesn’t work now.

You may need to go into the email setting and turn off the option to "archive" emails