Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New tires needed...Suggestions? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26324)

garysanfran 09-10-2020 11:11 AM

New tires needed...Suggestions?

All four for my Toyota Tacoma. Any suggestions as to where to go would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

WinnisquamZ 09-10-2020 11:16 AM

Belknap Tire is my goto. Remember, no Goodyear’s, ever

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 09-10-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 343336)

Why no Goodyears?

billy 09-10-2020 12:54 PM

Irwin Quick Lane
...Hankook tires have run very well.

MeredithMan 09-10-2020 12:57 PM

Had a pleasant experience at Stratham Tire, Laconia

....Took the wife's SUV for an inspection sticker in July. Got flunked due to the tread on two of the tires being too low. Discovered that Stratham Tire in Laconia, (behind police station and Water Street Cafe), does inspection stickers as well as tires. Got right in no problemo and got the inspection sticker too.

Since I had procrastinated on the sticker and waited till July 31, I didn't have time to shop around, so not sure how their prices are compared to other shops, but the whole experience was pleasant and the price seemed in line with what I had paid previously for 4 new tires.

MotorHead 09-10-2020 01:05 PM

Go to Town Fair Tire, once installed google the tires, brand size for a better price. Bring it in and they will price match.

joey2665 09-10-2020 01:21 PM

Casey at Belknap Tire! They are the best

8gv 09-10-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 343352)
Casey at Belknap Tire! They are the best

I concur.

My fleet includes three vehicles of mine and three that belong to my kids.

All get tires, rotation and alignment there.

hd333 09-10-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Why no Goodyear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paugus Bay Resident 09-10-2020 04:13 PM

Belknap Tire here too

fatlazyless 09-10-2020 04:39 PM

...... the Goodyear Viva-3

Walmart-Tilton or Walmart-Plymouth and get Goodyear Viva-3 all-season tires put on your car with free tire rotation for the life of the tires, which is 30-40,000-miles. It says 60,000-miles but is actually more like 30-40,000 miles.

Goodyear Viva-3 also makes a snow tread with or without studs and these do make a hell-of-a-lot more road noise than the all-season Viva-3.

Only Walmart has the Goodyear Viva-3 ..... www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/viva-3

These tires are round and black and look like tires and cost you less! ..... ;)

Best time to go there is at 7-am.

:offtopic: On August 20, 2020, the President tweeted "Don't buy GOODYEAR TIRES" because Goodyear has a no political attire policy including MAGA hats at their Ohio tire factory. Meanwhile the large, black, presidential Cadillac limo runs on four Goodyear tires, but not on Goodyear Viva-3's. From the Goodyear link above; if the presidential limo runs on extra large size 245/60R18 size tires, then Viva-3's would cost $100/tire plus $10-each for installation and disposing the old tires ...... and includes free tire rotation for the life of the tires ..... truly, a presidential steal of a deal!

BroadHopper 09-10-2020 07:59 PM

NE Tire in Belmont

Belknap Tire use to maintain my fleet of trucks (130). We found it more cost effective at NE Tire.

As for personal vehicles, I buy all weather tires. Huge difference from all season tires. I personally like Nokian WRg4. I also found Goodyear WeatherReady tires a good all weather tire, but the ride is a little harse. Another tire is the Firestone Weathergrip. I don't have experience with this.

TheProfessor 09-11-2020 04:42 AM

Quote:

Remember, no Goodyear’s, ever

PLEASE don't bring in politics to the Automotive section.

I have Goodyear Assurance tires on my car. As I had a $200.00 rebate from my GM Mastercard with the purchase of 4 new tires.

I have Cooper Tires on my pickup truck - as Cooper also had a rebate at a different time.

If one does a search of the brand names - some brands do have rebates at various times.

Tire Warehouse on Court Street - Laconia. Tire Warehouse has the most modern alignment machine. When getting new tires it is highly recommended to get a 4 wheel alignment.

Good Luck.

joey2665 09-11-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

That was an internet hoax completely untrue. See the statement from their CEO. I have had Goodyear they are a quality tire but I do like BF Goodrich.

Hillcountry 09-11-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 343415)
That was an internet hoax completely untrue. See the statement from their CEO. I have had Goodyear they are a quality tire but I do like BF Goodrich.

I need new tires for my F150 before winter. Guys from another forum have suggested the BFG AT KO2 for great all around winter/off road. I think those are what I’ll be buying. Now to find a good price!

ishoot308 09-11-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 343427)
I need new tires for my F150 before winter. Guys from another forum have suggested the BFG AT KO2 for great all around winter/off road. I think those are what I’ll be buying. Now to find a good price!

Hill;

On all my trucks I swear by Michelin Defender MS tires (not MS2). Super quiet, long lasting, great in the winter and good fuel economy. The best tire I have ever used. They are not cheap however...

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/miche...x-m-s-reviews/

Dan

codeman671 09-11-2020 10:02 AM

Look on www.tirebuyer.com. They can drop ship to a local shop with a preset install price. They are often the best deal I can find.

I have had good luck buying tires on ebay as well, having them shipped in and installed locally.

Biggd 09-11-2020 10:52 AM

That's all I buy also. They last the longest and I tend to keep my vehicles through 2 or 3 tire changes. I got 50K on them on my truck right now and should be able to get at least another 10K. The original Goodyears wore out at 30K.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 343433)
Hill;

On all my trucks I swear by Michelin Defender MS tires (not MS2). Super quiet, long lasting, great in the winter and good fuel economy. The best tire I have ever used. They are not cheap however...

Dan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 09-11-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 343433)
Hill;

Dan

Those are another that was recommended by someone on the other forum.
Not cheap but less than the Toyo tires now on my truck! I will consider the Michelins too. Thanks, Dan!

I.C.Isles 09-11-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 343446)
Those are another that was recommended by someone on the other forum.

Not cheap but less than the Toyo tires now on my truck! I will consider the Michelins too. Thanks, Dan!

I have seen a big difference between winter tires and all season. If you need to reliably get up hills and stay on roads after winter storms, I recommend going with winter tires and change them out in the spring.

MAXUM 09-11-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 343427)

Excellent tires, I've run BFG AT's on my trucks for years. Don't expect to find these for a "good price" - they get all the money for them no matter where you go but they are worth it. I pretty consistently get about 80K out of a set and rotate them at about 30K.

granitebox 09-11-2020 05:17 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to use Tirerack.com again - they have 3 partners in the Laconia Area including VIP, Tire Warehouse and Belknap tire. Simply go to their site - check what tires you want (they can cross reference rebates, rankings or just give you recommendations).

They provide free warranty on tires and I used it, I had a set of Good Years on my Titan and 2 tires had damaged sidewalls which required replacement. I have never had a damaged sidewall on any other tire with millions of miles driven. The local dealer just confirms the damage and you submit forms to Tirerack and they mail you a check for tire cost.

Overall I've been very happy with options - I think I'll go with Yokohama or something other than Goodyear in future.

Check with all 3 of the local guys - the mountain and balancing costs varied wildly for me.

Hillcountry 09-12-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by granitebox (Post 343461)
I wouldn't hesitate to use Tirerack.com again - they have 3 partners in the Laconia Area including VIP, Tire Warehouse and Belknap tire. Simply go to their site - check what tires you want (they can cross reference rebates, rankings or just give you recommendations).

They provide free warranty on tires and I used it, I had a set of Good Years on my Titan and 2 tires had damaged sidewalls which required replacement. I have never had a damaged sidewall on any other tire with millions of miles driven. The local dealer just confirms the damage and you submit forms to Tirerack and they mail you a check for tire cost.

Overall I've been very happy with options - I think I'll go with Yokohama orl something other than Goodyear in future.

Check with all 3 of the local guys - the mountain and balancing costs varied wildly for me.

My wife’s SUV has been to Tire Warehouse a couple of times and she was rewarded with broken lugs both times. She had to go across the street to a little mechanic shop to get them fixed. I have not been impressed with the young kids they trust with mounting your tires...

JEEPONLY 09-13-2020 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've owned 5 Jeep Wranglers over the last 20 years. The Goodyear/Wrangler tires they come with don't cut it- especially for winter driving around here.

A few years ago, after close research, I found the Firestone Destination A/T to be a perfect match for the vehicle, performance and mileage.

I don't know what most people would think of the price- about $550/4- mounted and balanced.

Hillcountry 09-13-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 343506)
I've owned 5 Jeep Wranglers over the last 20 years. The Goodyear/Wrangler tires they come with don't cut it- especially for winter driving around here.

A few years ago, after close research, I found the Firestone Destination A/T to be a perfect match for the vehicle, performance and mileage.

I don't know what most people would think of the price- about $550/4- mounted and balanced.

True! I bought a used 07 Wrangler (1st year they made them bigger) and it had those Goodyear tires...first drive in the snow and the Jeep was all over the road even in 4wd.
The Firestones are on my list to look at as well. Back when I plowed commercially, I had some Firestone Transforce AT tires that were very good in snow but I also had some weight in the truck (slide in dump bed).

thinkxingu 09-13-2020 08:56 AM

I think Firestone Destinations—both LE and AT—are very much underappreciated. Great performance, life, and pricing. And Firestone service centers have been very good to work with.

fatlazyless 09-13-2020 12:15 PM

Looks like the nearest Firestone tire store is in Manchester, NH.

Walmart has Firestone tires. Do a google search for "Firestone tires sold by Walmart" and a big selection is there

It takes at least one hour to get four tires installed and Walmart is big enough so's you can walk around the store and look at items while the tires get installed ...... or something! Maybe make a secondary major purpose like a gallon of anti-freeze, or two new windshield wipers, and replace them yourself, out in the Walmart parking lot in January. Is best to get low priced wiper blades and replace them every twelve months.

Biggd 09-13-2020 12:35 PM

You should be a greeter at Walley World. You're there all the time anyway.[emoji16]

JEEPONLY 09-13-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 343529)
Looks like the nearest Firestone tire store is in Manchester, NH.

Walmart has Firestone tires. Do a google search for "Firestone tires sold by Walmart" and a big selection is there

It takes at least one hour to get four tires installed and Walmart is big enough so's you can walk around the store and look at items while the tires get installed ...... or something! Maybe make a secondary major purpose like a gallon of anti-freeze, or two new windshield wipers, and replace them yourself, out in the Walmart parking lot in January. Is best to get low priced wiper blades and replace them every twelve months.

Bought my Firestones at VIP- Laconia.