Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   End of Season,,, restaurant schedules (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28298)

XCR-700 09-05-2022 06:09 PM

End of Season,,, restaurant schedules

Hard to believe we have reached the "old" un-official end of the season already.

For us it was a mixed season, my wife and I both had way too much work this summer, and when we could take days off it was wet early in the season and then way too hot later,,,

Thats not to say we didnt have some very good days, as a couple were actually picture perfect!

A couple of lunches at Shibleys were really outstanding. Also had a couple of really good times at Crazy Gringos. Their Wed prime rib special left me VERY happy ;-) And my youngest has now warmed up to mexican food and it happened at Crazy Gringos!

Also made the trip to the Turkey Farm, though the walk up from the town docks in high humidity and upper 80's took a bit more out of me than I expected. Told me I need to get in a little better shape ;-)

But we are not done! Well, we as in my wife and I, but maybe not so for some of the local destinations.

Soooo,,,, I'm wondering if anyone has seen closing dates for Shibleys at the Pier or Sawyers??? Others???

Happy to hear any closing dates, or info on restaurants that will be open for a while longer.

Thanks! And hope others will be able to enjoy the lake a bit longer.

LoveLakeLife 09-05-2022 06:41 PM

Shibley’s has the Wednesday prime rib, XCR? I didn’t know, I’ll have to try. It must be in competition with the prime rib across the bay at Dockside.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

XCR-700 09-05-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife (Post 376049)
Shibley’s has the Wednesday prime rib, XCR? I didn’t know, I’ll have to try. It must be in competition with the prime rib across the bay at Dockside.

Oh, I dont know about what specials Shibleys had for dinner, I think I have only ever been there for lunch. And it was always good!

The prime rid special on Wed nights I was speaking of was at Crazy Gringos. Not the fanciest place on the lake, but I always seem to get good service and good food.

I think the Turkey Farm also has a prime rib special. Maybe Fridays??? And their bourbon steak tips are pretty good as well!

So many good places to eat and sadly summer is so short, well for a day tripper,,,

ATB

Merrymeeting 09-06-2022 07:19 AM

Unless they are going to change from prior years, Shibleys stays open year round, with the exception of a month (January I think).

smith point boater 09-06-2022 07:27 AM

Shibleys

MM

I'm sure Shibley's can post here to confirm but I believe they close after Columbus Day (for sure by end of Oct) and don't reopen until the last weekend in January

XCR-700 09-06-2022 08:50 AM

I honestly dont recall about Shibleys, but in the past I know Sawyers always closed this past weekend, but with new ownership that may be different now. Guess we will see,,,

LoveLakeLife 09-06-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 376069)
Oh, I dont know about what specials Shibleys had for dinner, I think I have only ever been there for lunch. And it was always good!

The prime rid special on Wed nights I was speaking of was at Crazy Gringos. Not the fanciest place on the lake, but I always seem to get good service and good food.

I think the Turkey Farm also has a prime rib special. Maybe Fridays??? And their bourbon steak tips are pretty good as well!

So many good places to eat and sadly summer is so short, well for a day tripper,,,

ATB

Ohhh it’s Crazy Gringo that has the prime rib. I never would have thought that. I’ll definitely be going there on a Wednesday in that case. Thanks for the info!

thinkxingu 09-06-2022 11:27 AM

We have yet to get to the Crazy Gringo but totally need to as it's one of my wife's student's family's place. Sounds like it'll be worth the trip!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk