Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dive taking on water (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27337)

Grove84 08-13-2021 05:39 PM

Dive taking on water

Dive was hired for a private party this evening and unfortunately as guests were arriving it started to take on water at the home of the person who the party was for. Off of Belknap point

Descant 08-13-2021 07:18 PM

That's pretty vague. Handled by pumps? Did the cruise continue? If you saw this, another 15-30 minutes observation would be significant. Otherwise, it just sounds like another anti-Dive post with n foundation.

chachee52 08-13-2021 07:57 PM

About 30 min ago fire and MP were sent there for a sinking boat. (Dive) MP still on scene, boat left being ha died by Engine.
Per 8 boat1 "partially submerged "barge; some people still on board". Then no injuries were reported so it must have been crew.

8gv 08-13-2021 08:13 PM

Here's a little Dive levity (flame suit on):

https://youtu.be/H48j3KGBomU

Grove84 08-13-2021 08:14 PM

Dive taking on water

I cannot post photos from My phone , I actually have family at the event . I feel badly for the host and it was a retirement party. Happened at the dock , took on a lot of water

Biggd 08-13-2021 08:27 PM

The dive was diving. :rolleye1:

joey2665 08-13-2021 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 17197

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

wentworthwhitbreadIII 08-13-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 360516)
That's pretty vague. Handled by pumps? Did the cruise continue? If you saw this, another 15-30 minutes observation would be significant. Otherwise, it just sounds like another anti-Dive post with n foundation.

I hope no one is injured. That barge appears cursed. Does it make someone anti-Dive commenting on the fact that it’s taking on water? Seems like a legit observation without malice.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Mink Islander 08-13-2021 09:03 PM

Ahooga ahooga!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 360525)
The dive was diving. :rolleye1:

Dive dive dive!

mowtorman 08-13-2021 09:21 PM

Prepare to Dive

1 Attachment(s)
Must have been surveyed for seaworthiness after the extensive winter repairs....especially as a commercial vessel (?).

Grove84 08-13-2021 10:11 PM

Dive

The response from the Dive team was incredible tonight. Despite a setback as unfortunate as this their entire team rallied to turn the planned event they were hosting into a successful party for the patrons. This is a testament to how dedicate their team is to insuring their customers still had an enjoyable evening.

GusMan 08-13-2021 10:19 PM

OK. .. I get it ... many people hate the concept of The Dive. I have no connection.. nor have I patronized this establishment.

But to make light of this misfortune that occurred to the owners that put their hearts (and their finances) into this endeavor seems completely inappropriate.

I guess that's the way it goes these days..

Gusman
Re

TKD 08-14-2021 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grove84 (Post 360533)
The response from the Dive team was incredible tonight. Despite a setback as unfortunate as this their entire team rallied to turn the planned event they were hosting into a successful party for the patrons. This is a testament to how dedicate their team is to insuring their customers still had an enjoyable evening.

Thanks for posting this. Well said. Glad they represented well and it shows their passion for their business. I really hope they continue to thrive and be successful

LikeLakes 08-14-2021 11:10 AM

Glad everyone is OK, and great to hear they could make the event a positive one for the clients!

That picture looks pretty bad, had to take a lot of water to do that. Curious to hear more. Almost looks like the structure is flexed out of square but might just be the angle of the picture.

I hope there isn't much damage and they can get back operational quickly.

ApS 08-14-2021 08:45 PM

That's a very tall house in the background. Aren't there height limits in that town? Wouldn't someone building behind that house have their "view-tax" compromised? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GusMan (Post 360534)
OK. .. I get it ... many people hate the concept of The Dive. I have no connection.. nor have I patronized this establishment. But to make light of this misfortune that occurred to the owners that put their hearts (and their finances) into this endeavor seems completely inappropriate. I guess that's the way it goes these days..Gusman Re

Everybody wants to put in their slant on things.
:look:

John Mercier 08-14-2021 08:50 PM

They wouldn't have a view, so the market assessment wouldn't reflect one.

chachee52 08-15-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 360595)
That's a very tall house in the background. Aren't there height limits in that town? Wouldn't someone building behind that house have their "view-tax" compromised? :confused:

Everybody wants to put in their slant on things.
:look:

Seeing its on a large hill, no. From the road that house probably only 1 story.

gwhite13 08-15-2021 11:13 AM

a few years back there was a house constructed on the Balmoral canal, that was too tall and infringing on neighbors property setback (8'). All after building inspector was notified.

Slickcraft 08-15-2021 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It appeared stable this morning.

Alan

SAMIAM 08-16-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwhite13 (Post 360629)
a few years back there was a house constructed on the Balmoral canal, that was too tall and infringing on neighbors property setback (8'). All after building inspector was notified.

Seeing this everywhere. People buy a small existing cottage but want a much larger home. Most towns will not let you expand the footprint so they go up.
My mom's old log cabin is now three stories

Mr. V 08-16-2021 02:33 PM

I wonder what caused the problem for The Dive?

ApS 08-16-2021 08:53 PM

Spud + Pin = Dry

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeLakes (Post 360557)
Glad everyone is OK, and great to hear they could make the event a positive one for the clients!

That picture looks pretty bad, had to take a lot of water to do that.
Curious to hear more. Almost looks like the structure is flexed out of square but might just be the angle of the picture.

I hope there isn't much damage and they can get back operational quickly.

Couldn't the skipper have put a pin through the "spud" to keep it from settling on the bottom?

John Mercier 08-16-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 360676)
Seeing this everywhere. People buy a small existing cottage but want a much larger home. Most towns will not let you expand the footprint so they go up.
My mom's old log cabin is now three stories

I see both. Some are really adding square footage to the small existing cottage... nearly a tear down... but some of the new owners are really working hard to update the cottage but keep the vintage feel with newer products.

It takes longer to come up with the design, but the outcomes have been magazine worthy.

Jeanzb1 08-18-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 360730)
I see both. Some are really adding square footage to the small existing cottage... nearly a tear down... but some of the new owners are really working hard to update the cottage but keep the vintage feel with newer products.

It takes longer to come up with the design, but the outcomes have been magazine worthy.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

brk-lnt 08-20-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 360713)
I wonder what caused the problem for The Dive?

Water that was supposed to be outside of the hull structure got inside.

It's not uncommon really. It could have been worse, for example had the front fallen off it would have likely made repairs more complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNAwUdHUQ

LikeLakes 08-20-2021 09:16 AM

That "Front Fell Off" video is hilarious. What about the spilled crude oil? It's not in the environment, it's beyond the environment. What's out there? Nothing. Well except birds, fish, and 20,000 gallons of crude oil. :laugh:

Descant 08-20-2021 09:30 AM

Roflmao

Really funny. Thank you brk-int.