Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Wildlife (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Check out wonderful EAGLE CAM (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20367)

Lakeprincess 03-20-2016 07:40 PM

Check out wonderful EAGLE CAM

Hi folks - while you're waiting for spring to arrive, don't forget to check out the national 24/7 EAGLE CAM - located in Washington, DC. No, really. In the National Arboretum; these eagles have two new chicks, bring fish from the Potomac to their nest - and the High def and night vision is great.
Can't wait to see the eagle population on beloved Lake Winni, though.
Here's the link:
http://www.eagles.org/dceaglecam/

Airedale1 03-21-2016 09:17 AM

Very cool! Thank you!

Airedale1 03-23-2016 11:39 AM

Again, thank-you! There are two chicks in the nest. This is the best quality nest cam I have ever seen. It is HD. If you go to the site you can toggle back and forth between camera "A" or camera "B" I like the angle of camera "B" Also, the camera has night vision which is excellent. Also, you can view it full screen.:)

NoBozo 03-23-2016 01:36 PM

2:30 PM Lumch

Both adults are having lunch and feeding the two chicks. The male just came back with a New fish. :)

NoBozo 03-23-2016 01:41 PM

2:39 pm

Lunch is over. Chicks are buried under Mama again. One of the adults has gone. :look:

Chickie 03-24-2016 10:00 AM

Eagle Cam

These eagles have excellent parenting, home building and housekeeping skills. While watching them for a short time the other day, Mom and Dad fed the kids, tidied up the nest and threw out the trash.

Cindido 03-25-2016 01:06 PM

Magnificent! The chicks are getting big and moving around a lot - hope everyone stays in the nest for the time being.

Airedale1 03-28-2016 10:57 AM

The chicks are growing quickly. It is amazing to watch them grow day by day. This is a screen capture from the cam taken at 11:50 this morning.

© 2016 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...pspjkibjyn.jpg

Airedale1 03-28-2016 02:36 PM

Dad showed up with some late lunch (3:30) today and yes it is fish again.

© 2016 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ps6qyqumv6.jpg

Island Girl 03-31-2016 11:26 AM

Dad, Mom and the kids

1 Attachment(s)
Fun to watch when both eagles are in the nest. I think Dad just brought a new fish for lunch. Dad is on the left, eaglets under Mom

NoBozo 04-07-2016 06:40 PM

I look at this site multiple times a day. Today it rained and the adult bird on the nest looked "frazzled". White head feathers all in disarray. The chicks are growing fast. Their feet are getting big and they don't know what to do with them yet. Sometimes they look like they are going to Tip Over. :D NB

NoBozo 04-20-2016 06:53 PM

Been Watching

The chicks are getting Big. Adults staying out of the nest for most of the time..need room. The chicks are "Kinda" figuring out what those yellow things with claws are for. FEET. The older one has even figured out that he can Stand Up on those feet ..with legs and all. Pinfeathers sprouting out everywhere on both chicks. :) NB

PS: When they decide its time to poop..they turn around with their butts pointed "over the side" and let fly.. a white jet stream. Kinda like what you find on your car sometimes. :D

NoBozo 05-10-2016 06:27 PM

Anyone Still Watching

The "Chicks" are maybe bigger than chicks now. Both of them take up the entire nest. Stretching their wings. Pecking at twigs and branches on the rim of the nest. Wobbling around on their new found legs..and feet. :D They get bigger every day. I think they are pretty much as big as their parents. :look: NB

SIKSUKR 05-11-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBozo (Post 261605)
The "Chicks" are maybe bigger than chicks now. . :look: NB

I check in now and then but what does "the chicks are maybe bigger than chicks now" mean?

Airedale1 06-03-2016 11:30 AM

The chicks are ready to become fledglings, I was just watching them and one was stretching his wings and making short hop hovers over the nest. They could go at anytime.:)

The parents are both watching on from another tree, as there is no longer any room in the nest for three at once.

Island Girl 06-03-2016 12:15 PM

Fun at the nest

1 Attachment(s)
The eaglets have been all over the branches this morning. Liberty, the younger of the two, was high up on one of the branches. It looked like he could not figure out how to get down. In the meantime, Freedom was flapping and hopping all over the nest.

Island Girl 06-03-2016 12:18 PM

Another pic

1 Attachment(s)
Liberty high on a branch above the nest

Flylady 06-05-2016 12:17 PM

Thanks for sharing....I have been watching this pair for about 6 years....there is also a Decorah North webcam a few miles from this one. This is the first year the other pair have been on cam. Unfortunately there is only 1 surviving chick from the original 3.

NoBozo 06-05-2016 02:55 PM

Flown The Nest

One of the chicks has flown away just a few minutes ago. Crew have searched the ground. Searching the trees around the nest with the cameras. No luck so far finding him. Special "Chat" is open.

NoBozo 06-05-2016 03:49 PM

They found the bird. (Freedom) He's about 50 yards away, in a tree and about 75 feet above ground. :D NB

NoBozo 06-05-2016 06:36 PM

#2 Bird

I think the #2 bird was feeling lonely..and followed his sibling...Flew away. :look: :look: NB

NOPE: He is HIGH in a tree...Nest Tree..OR another tree..??

Island Girl 06-05-2016 07:27 PM

Same tree

I think Liberty is in the same tree, high up. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow will bring.

NoBozo 06-06-2016 07:04 PM

The Website, and cameras are increasingly hard to get to all day.."Timed Out"..etc. The #2 bird is still hanging around on a branch above the nest and about 2 inches from the above nest camera this afternoon. He keeps looking at the inverted glass camera dome..eyeball to eyeball. The nest looks in disarray. :look: NB

Rusty 06-06-2016 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jump Liberty.... JUMP!!!

Island Girl 06-07-2016 04:34 PM

Lakes Region Eagles

I have been watching the DC eagles since they were a few days old. We see a bald eagle on Rattlesnake Island periodically and have seen one on Blueberry in recent years. Watching the DC Eagles has given me such an appreciation for our local eagles and their activities. Hopefully the DC Eagles will be back again next year.

IG

Rusty 06-08-2016 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Freedom is back at the nest.

NoBozo 06-08-2016 06:02 PM

Rusty

I was lucky enough to see your post..two minutes after you posted. I went directly to the LIVE Eagle Cam and saw the three of them standing around looking at each other. :D :D

Was particularly happy because I was becoming concerned about #1..who had been off the radar for three days. :) NB

NoBozo 06-17-2016 05:34 PM

The fledglings are coming and going. Today, One of the adults and Both young ones were on the nest ..having lunch. :) NB

ApS 06-21-2016 05:17 AM

A Local Eagle Gets "The Treatment"...

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday, I heard a rare, and repeated, call of a Bald Eagle. Normally a silent bird, it sounded as though in distress! I couldn't see it, but a mob of crows were raising a big ruckus in the distance. A few minutes later, two Loons joined the chorus in raising the alarm. The chipmunks, which seldom miss a chance to join-in when danger appears, were silent. :confused:

This went on for about 15 minutes, then the crows got really noisy, which suggested they'd successfully scared off the Eagle—so I picked up my camera, and got a photo of the Eagle, being chased by only one—but perhaps the designated—crow. ;)

The Loons started up again, but it was in response to a low-flying yellow ultralight aircraft. :rolleye2:

:look: