Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A great steak at Bernini!! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342)

baygo 09-21-2022 10:35 AM

A great steak at Bernini!!

Five of us went to Bernini last night. Typically when I find a favorite and a restaurant I stick with it. Last night was an exception as I passed on their delicious chicken Marcella and opted for the New York sirloin instead. I’m so happy I did! It was the best steak served thus far in the Lakes region.

Everyone else was thrilled with their meal as well. It may have been the first time in a long time we were in a restaurant that was fully staffed. Apparently restaurant professionals from some of the other higher end restaurants around are jumping ship to work there

thinkxingu 09-21-2022 11:05 AM

Yeah, but do they serve the only locally distilled vodka?

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

mcdude 09-21-2022 11:18 AM

For those who have no idea of what the OP is talking about or the smarmy response https://www.bernini-pizzeria.com/

tis 09-21-2022 11:23 AM

:rolleye2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 376690)

:rolleye2::laugh: Not sure whether to roll eyes, laugh or groan!! But your comment was funny.

Phantom 09-21-2022 11:51 AM

I hope this thread does not go Viral :D If it does, I'll never be able to get in without making reservations months in advance :laugh:

My wife & I have loved this place since conception -- the owner, cooks and staff have a long standing great reputation in the area and as mentioned drawing a few additional staff members from well know establishments of the recent past.

Still wish they would bring back the "Plank Pizza" though ! ( LOL )

ishoot308 09-21-2022 12:05 PM

Bernini's

Well it was a good secret while it lasted...:rolleye1:

Since the cat is out of the bag,... we have been to Bernini's a few times now and every time it has been excellent! Not the greatest atmosphere but the food more than makes up for it! You will need reservations far in advance to get in however...

Dan

Major 09-21-2022 02:09 PM

Bernini's

Their stuffed chicken is fabulous too! We lover Bernini's, and I'm afraid the cat has been out of the bag for some time.

Susie Cougar 09-21-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Dancing Rabbit is not the only locally distilled vodka anymore.

Tamworth Distillery is now selling White Mountain Vodka and I believe it is available at New Hampshire liquor stores.

joey2665 09-21-2022 02:57 PM

Bernini is awesome and certainly no secret. I’ve been there 5 times at various days during the week and it was at full capacity every time. Everything is excellent from the garlic knots, to apps, entrees and dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

ishoot308 09-21-2022 07:53 PM

The Cats Out Of The Bag!

Bernini’s has only been mentioned once here previously when they first opened. A few forum members complained about the pricing on the menu before even trying it and said they would never make it through the summer!:rolleye1::rolleye1:

Well here we are almost in October and Bernini’s is going stronger and busier than ever! With the local population enjoying it immensely, they will stay busy and “by reservation only” through the winter! I say good for them!

Dan

thinkxingu 09-22-2022 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 376704)
Bernini’s has only been mentioned once here previously when they first opened. A few forum members complained about the pricing on the menu before even trying it and said they would never make it through the summer!:rolleye1::rolleye1:

Well here we are almost in October and Bernini’s is going stronger and busier than ever! With the local population enjoying it immensely, they will stay busy and “by reservation only” through the winter! I say good for them!

Dan

To be fair, only one person thought they wouldn't make it until spring—the rest of us were shocked at the pricing given the location but were interested to see if they could make a go of it.

Looking at the menu again, we're still not their target demographic, and that's totally fine—it's the same for O, Mise en Place, and a few other places in the area. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm glad things are going well for them—lord knows the Lakes Region needs more, and a bigger variety, of restaurants.

FlyingScot 09-22-2022 08:56 AM

I agree with Dan and Think--too many of us dump on places because they are not targeted to us. One of the great things about the Lakes Region, as opposed to Nantucket or the Hamptons or Hampton Beach, is that we have a wide variety of income levels and tastes. It should not be just for the rich or just for the working class. It should be for folks who love the lake regardless of background

WinnisquamZ 09-22-2022 10:48 AM

Been a couple of times and agree it’s a fine restaurant. Food and staff are terrific. But, it still looks like a Pizza Hut! And the parking layout is terrible. Yes, my driving is suspect.

Loventhelake 09-28-2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 376697)
Dancing Rabbit is not the only locally distilled vodka anymore.

Tamworth Distillery is now selling White Mountain Vodka and I believe it is available at New Hampshire liquor stores.

Tamworth has been making that Vodka for years.. probably the best in the state, and yes it can be purchased at select NH liquor stores.

KPW 09-28-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

This post is about a good restaurant. Baygo pushes his vodka. If I had a vodka, I would push it too.

8gv 11-19-2022 10:36 PM

When we drove by Bernini Saturday night they sure looked closed.

Are they on vacation?

joey2665 11-19-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 378557)
When we drove by Bernini Saturday night they sure looked closed.

Are they on vacation?

Yes they are until the 29th

baygo 11-20-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Yes they do! The DRV distillery is 3.1 miles away and the first Distillery in Belknap County. There is a new distillery in Gilford that got licensed a couple of weeks ago called White Mountain it is 3.3 miles away. The next closest distillery is in Canterbury. Tamworth is 30 miles or 44 minutes away in Carrol county.

baygo 11-20-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loventhelake (Post 377039)
Tamworth has been making that Vodka for years.. probably the best in the state, and yes it can be purchased at select NH liquor stores.

Tamworth has made quite the name for themselves with their gin. That is their flag ship. Dave, the owner was in-part responsible for Hendricks Gin coming to America. I also heard he played a role (perhaps a rumor) in the original formula for Hendricks.

This is the first I’ve heard of a vodka. It would not surprise me if it was great though because gin and vodka have parallel processes.

chachee52 11-20-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 378588)
Tamworth has made quite the name for themselves with their gin. That is their flag ship. Dave, the owner was in-part responsible for Hendricks Gin coming to America. I also heard he played a role (perhaps a rumor) in the original formula for Hendricks.

This is the first I’ve heard of a vodka. It would not surprise me if it was great though because gin and vodka have parallel processes.

They made a viral name for themselves this summer with their Green Crab Whiskey. It was all the buzz in the whiskey world. The description for me was not something that made me go run out and grab some, but it sounded like a lot of people did.
I do LOVE their Corn Whiskey. Sipping some right now coincidently