Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Seven Suns - Wolfeboro (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26447)

LakeGirl72 10-14-2020 06:43 AM

Seven Suns - Wolfeboro

Does anybody know whats going on with Seven Suns in Wolfeboro? They were supposed to open back up October 1st...but now there's a sign on the window... ?

winterh 10-14-2020 06:57 AM

I really like that place but I have to think they are another victim of the virus. I should say more a case of our hysterical over reaction to it than the virus itself. You only have a short window to make your money in a tourist area and you don't take September/foliage season off if it can be helped. Will there be any restaurants left after this winter?

Bigstan 10-14-2020 08:44 AM

Sure, looks like all of them ?

Who's closed to date ? Everyone's modified things, some have announced they've temporarily closed, but who's hung it up for good? Phu Jee is all I know of.

If we just lost a couple in a season that's pretty good for a year like this.

winterh 10-14-2020 10:13 AM

Every place has its own situation to deal with. Are they well capitalized? Did the landlord cut them some slack? Did they get PPP money? Did their site allow for takeout or outside dining? All those factors and more plus how much longer this drags on will determine who makes it. I am not in restaurant business but in another that has taken a direct hit so I know what they are going through. Good luck to all.

tis 10-14-2020 11:41 AM

They said they were going to concentrate on the coffee business more and as I recall try to find a buyer for the crepes. So does that mean they won't open at that location?

Flotnjr 10-14-2020 08:52 PM

I can't think it is lack of business- every Saturday there was a line longer than my telemarketers list... their food was spot on.

FlyingScot 10-15-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flotnjr (Post 345137)
I can't think it is lack of business- every Saturday there was a line longer than my telemarketers list... their food was spot on.

Seven Suns is terrific, and I look forward to seeing them reopen. It would definitely make Think's awesome breakfast list. But logistics is not their strong suit--they only have 1 or 2 crepe makers, and thus long wait times in normal circumstances. Toss in COVID disruption and skeleton staffing--it would have been a bad scene. Smart of them to focus on coffee. Keep hope alive for 2021!

Barbara 10-16-2020 02:45 PM

The owners posted on Facebook that the business has been sold. They are concentrating on their coffee roasting business.

LakeGirl72 10-21-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 345118)
They said they were going to concentrate on the coffee business more and as I recall try to find a buyer for the crepes. So does that mean they won't open at that location?

I hope they found a buyer that will keep it a creperie/ coffee shop!

Winnigirl 10-22-2020 06:20 AM

While I loved their crepes, I will never forget the time I tried to buy a banana for my toddler and they refused to sell me one as those were for crepes only. Meanwhile, our order included several crepes and drinks but they wouldn’t budge on the damn banana. It became a family joke as their reaction was so over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fatlazyless 10-22-2020 08:01 AM

Well, bananas sell for 49-cents/lb at the supermarket, so one very large banana costs about 22-cents, so from a restaurant's business perspective it makes good business sense to NOT be selling an individual banana as a banana. Is better to use it in higher priced menu items. ... :banana:

Yes, we have no bananas, NO BANANAS, no not for you! ...... :rolleye1:

Susie Cougar 10-22-2020 10:16 AM

He only wanted one banana, not 10. That was very bad business practice for the owner not to sell him one. I’m sure he would’ve gladly paid a dollar so his toddler could have his banana. I can’t imagine that would even happen once a day. I would have never gone back.

Mr. V 10-22-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 345520)
He only wanted one banana, not 10. That was very bad business practice for the owner not to sell him one. I’m sure he would’ve gladly paid a dollar so his toddler could have his banana. I can’t imagine that would even happen once a day. I would have never gone back.

For all we know banana crepes could be popular and maybe the owner was very low on bananas that day.

Were I the owner and asked to sell one banana, knowing it would cause an immediate banana shortage in my creperie resulting in the loss of sale of several profitable banana crepes, I'd balk also.

Gotta make as much money in this wicked world as we reasonably can.

Complaining about this makes as much sense as bad-mouthing a pizzeria for not agreeing to sell someone a quarter pound of mozzarella.

Hello, supermarket?

barefootbay 10-22-2020 12:12 PM

Restaurants are not grocery stores which there are several of a stones throw from Seven Sons where a single banana could have been easily purchased.

Susie Cougar 10-22-2020 12:24 PM

Too funny 😂

thinkxingu 10-22-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 345524)
Restaurants are not grocery stores which there are several of a stones throw from Seven Sons where a single banana could have been easily purchased.

Did you just defend a restaurant who refused to sell a banana to a customer? He didn't ask for a Densuke watermelon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

camp guy 10-22-2020 01:46 PM

Seven Suns

When Seven Suns first opened, I went in and was looking at the extensive list of coffee offerings posted on the wall. After several minutes, a young gentleman (whom I came to learn was the owner) approached me and asked what I would like. I told him I wasn't familiar with all these choices, but could I just have a cup of regular coffee, to which he replied, "I don't think this store is for you". I haven't set foot in there since.

FlyingScot 10-22-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 345530)
When Seven Suns first opened, I went in and was looking at the extensive list of coffee offerings posted on the wall. After several minutes, a young gentleman (whom I came to learn was the owner) approached me and asked what I would like. I told him I wasn't familiar with all these choices, but could I just have a cup of regular coffee, to which he replied, "I don't think this store is for you". I haven't set foot in there since.

I could go either way on the banana, but what he did to you is really bad. Maybe they switched to coffee because they realized the restaurant business was not for them? I don't say that to be judgmental or harsh. Just that this is a hospitality business, and obviously this guy thought it was just about having the best food or most precious coffee.

thinkxingu 10-22-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 345535)
I could go either way on the banana, but what he did to you is really bad. Maybe they switched to coffee because they realized the restaurant business was not for them? I don't say that to be judgmental or harsh. Just that this is a hospitality business, and obviously this guy thought it was just about having the best food or most precious coffee.

FS, how dare you take the middle road on such a divisive issue as banana sales?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Mr. V 10-23-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 345538)
FS, how dare you take the middle road on such a divisive issue as banana sales?!

It's a slippery issue that does have a peel.

ushaggerb 10-31-2020 04:22 PM

Regarding Banana-Gate, what they might have done is make it up to you in some other way.