Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Osteria Poggio is open! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24374)

ericnh 05-01-2019 08:25 PM

Osteria Poggio is open!

One of my favorite places just opened again, in Center Harbor. Great Italian food, great ambience.
https://www.osteriapoggio.com/

Andromeda321 05-02-2019 10:56 AM

Great! Haven't been there since Lavinia's, but planning to make it this summer. In particular I'm hoping to make a reservation one night for my boyfriend and I in the cupola because I always thought that would be super fun. :)

chaseisland 05-02-2019 11:51 AM

cupola

Didn't tell the wife where we were going for dinner on our 19th anniversary. The route to the copula took us through the bar, an attic and finally to the copula. Got some dirty looks from the wife during the climbing of the stairs, but all was forgiven once we settled in for the meal. Our second most memorable anniversary. Well worth it. Just don't forget to generously tip the waitress. To put this in perspective, this year we'll celebrate our 36th.

FlyingScot 05-04-2019 02:16 PM

Had a magnificent dinner with 5 friends at Osteria Poggio last week. Great food, great service, great ambience. We'll be back!

bruinsfan 05-10-2019 05:42 PM

The food is very good… But my biggest hurdle that irks me is the constant cigarette smoking of the employees and cooks out side of the kitchen door.

The kitchen door is on the same side of the building as the main entrance......every patron has to walk past the kitchen door from the parking lot to get to the main entrance. All you see are employees constantly smoking as if they are on a smoking schedule,, and it is just an unsettling feeling. My waitress reeked of smoke and it ruined my night.

Just my 2˘

TheTimeTraveler 05-10-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan (Post 311214)
The food is very good… But my biggest hurdle that irks me is the constant cigarette smoking of the employees and cooks out side of the kitchen door.

The kitchen door is on the same side of the building as the main entrance......every patron has to walk past the kitchen door from the parking lot to get to the main entrance. All you see are employees constantly smoking as if they are on a smoking schedule,, and it is just an unsettling feeling. My waitress reeked of smoke and it ruined my night.

Just my 2˘

Don't let something like this ruin your night. Simply refuse to patronize the business and let management know why.

I fully agree with the no smoking thing; it's aggravating to be around people who smoke and smell like a chimney.

Newbiesaukee 05-17-2019 01:52 PM

We had a delicious meal last evening. The new menu is interesting and has a reasonable price point for this lovely high end restaurant. The chef and staff were very accommodating. Although specialty cocktails and infusions are not our thing, the after dinner Strega locally made was a treat.

ishoot308 05-17-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 311716)
We had a delicious meal last evening. The new menu is interesting and has a reasonable price point for this lovely high end restaurant. The chef and staff were very accommodating. Although specialty cocktails and infusions are not our thing, the after dinner Strega locally made was a treat.

What was the wine list like as it is not shown on their web site... Very important to me when dining Italian...

Thanks!

Dan

Andromeda321 05-17-2019 02:21 PM

Has anyone done Sunday brunch there last year/ anyone know if they're going to do brunch again this year once it's more in season? It'd be nice to have somewhere special and new to go to for that!

Newbiesaukee 05-18-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 311717)
What was the wine list like as it is not shown on their web site... Very important to me when dining Italian...

Thanks!

Dan

I tend to prefer scotch...they have an excellent selection at less than 50% of my other home price. Not much of a wine drinker, but they did seem to have a nice selection.

Major 05-19-2019 12:16 PM

Op

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andromeda321 (Post 311719)
Has anyone done Sunday brunch there last year/ anyone know if they're going to do brunch again this year once it's more in season? It'd be nice to have somewhere special and new to go to for that!

I'm not sure they are doing brunch anymore. We wanted to go to brunch for Mother's Day, but they were only open for dinner. We went anyway, and had a great time.