Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   O Steaks and Seafood (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10951)

NH918 10-02-2010 10:04 AM

O Steaks and Seafood

My best friend and I go to O for each of our birthdays because it is the nicest restaurant with the best food in the Lakes Region. Until our recent visit, the food and service had always been exceptional. We go for my birthday on 9/18 and this time we bring friends, therefore, it is a party of seven. The food was just as great as always, however, the service was horrific! We had reservations, so we were seated immediately. Then it took about 45 minutes to get a drink. Out waitress was so slow, I stopped our waitress we normally have (Lisa) and asked her to bring us some bread since the other waitress had not after 45 minutes and we were starving. She never asked if we wanted another drink which we all did. Two friends did not even get their soup until after we had what we were eating as our main course and it was only because Lisa was asked to get it. Then we ask where their main dish is since we were eating. It turns out it was never ordered by the waitress. By now, my guests don't even want it. I went over to Lisa and explained this poor service was ruining my birthday celebration as I spent the whole time worrying about my guests getting what they needed. I asked that something be done for them and she said she would get the Manager.

Our waitress sees me talking with Lisa again and comes over to my table and in front of all my guests, confronts me in a very rude manner asking what she missed. I responded the bread, soup, Ahi Tuna and we would have liked more drinks. How embarrassing on top of the poor service. My friend actually asked her if the Manager told her to come and embarrass me like that and she responded no. I never saw the Manager and as we are cashing out, the waitress says she put in the Ahi Tuna. At this point we are leaving and going out for the night so they had no desire or time for it.

I never expected this. We have always had top notch service from Lisa. This really ruined my birthday dinner. I expect 5 star service there and certainly did not receive any where near it. :(

lunch lady 10-02-2010 04:54 PM

Don't give up on them. I'm sure the owner will see your comments and make the necessary correction to improve staff. O's is also one of my favorite restaurant in the Lakes Region.

Recently went to Fratello's for lunch and had a very poor quality lunch which was unusal as this is also one of my favorites. I wrote to management and got a very nice reply plus a gift certificate.

Be nice when you write to them.

Pineedles 10-03-2010 06:29 PM

First Post NH918? In the past I may have blasted you, however I remain a steadfast critic of any of Scott's restaraunts, particularly the O. Agree with the great food aspect of your post, but on your special day you deserve better. You have a right to complain.

BTW, I had a great birthday dinner yesterday 10/02 at The Draft Sports bar in Concord with some awesome candidates for elected offfice in NH, as well as some down to earth members of www.sbonh.org. Super Pizza and crudites! DRAIN THE SWAMP!:D

Resident 2B 10-03-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 141104)
First Post NH918? In the past I may have blasted you, however I remain a steadfast critic of any of Scott's restaraunts, particularly the O. Agree with the great food aspect of your post, but on your special day you deserve better. You have a right to complain.

BTW, I had a great birthday dinner yesterday 10/02 at The Draft Sports bar in Concord with some awesome candidates for elected offfice in NH, as well as some down to earth members of www.sbonh.org. Super Pizza and crudites! DRAIN THE SWAMP!:D

Happy (belated) Birthday, Pineedles!

39th? :)

R2B

RI Swamp Yankee 10-03-2010 09:49 PM

oops, the forum software must have burped again:

Quote:

The Following 4,294,967,295 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
.... but there were no names. :laugh:

Pineedles 10-04-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 141121)
Happy (belated) Birthday, Pineedles!

39th? :)

R2B

R2B,

Thank you. 39, ummm, ok. Just like Jack Benny.:laugh:

RISY,

No, 4 million sounds about right. I think that was my latest facebook friend count.:emb:

Irish mist 04-21-2011 12:14 PM

We had a great lunch there today:) For under $25 we had the Lobster & Mac & the Kobe meatloaf with potatos. Great service & a great view of the lake. It was our first time there & I am quite pleased with the experience.

Little Bear 04-21-2011 01:01 PM

Steak in Boston

My favorite steakhouse is opening a location in Boston on Saturday in the old Jimmy's Harborside: http://www.delfriscos.com/ If you ever have the opportunity, check this place out - it's really incredible. I'd give the Boston location a few months to work out the bugs, but anyone that travels can hit one of their other locations. I've only been to the one in New York, but it was a notch above Capitol Grill, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky and Ruth's Chris. Now if we could only get them to open a Weir's Beach location :liplick:

Grady223 04-22-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bear (Post 155398)
My favorite steakhouse is opening a location in Boston on Saturday in the old Jimmy's Harborside: http://www.delfriscos.com/ If you ever have the opportunity, check this place out - it's really incredible. I'd give the Boston location a few months to work out the bugs, but anyone that travels can hit one of their other locations. I've only been to the one in New York, but it was a notch above Capitol Grill, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky and Ruth's Chris. Now if we could only get them to open a Weir's Beach location :liplick:

I agree, the it is my favorite steakhouse in NYC. I know this is sacrilege to anyone familiar with NYC steakhouses, but I liker it better than Peter Luger's!

Winnisquamguy 04-22-2011 09:03 AM

South

I thought I would mention Scott opened another place in Concord

O Steaks & Seafood South
11 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301- (603) 856-7925 ‎

ishoot308 04-22-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady223 (Post 155463)
I agree, the it is my favorite steakhouse in NYC. I know this is sacrilege to anyone familiar with NYC steakhouses, but I liker it better than Peter Luger's!

Well then I am definitely going to have to try this place out! For pure quality of meat Peter Luger's is hard to beat, they are one of the greatest steakhouses in the world!

I also always favored Ruth's Chris over Morton's, Smith and Wllensky and the other high end chains, so if as littlebear says this place is better, it goes to the top of the list of must try places!!

Dan

joey2665 04-22-2011 11:59 AM

NYC Steak Houses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady223 (Post 155463)

Being from New York I have frequented many of the "famous" NYC Seak Houses such as Ben Bensons, Smith & Wolinsky, Peter Lugars ect. But I agree that delfrisco's is absolutely the BEST. Capital Grill is a close second though. :liplick:

phoenix 04-22-2011 06:14 PM

been to Delfresco's in Denver many times and it is great

KnotKnormal 04-22-2011 06:33 PM

DelFrisco's

I spent a solid year commuting to Dallas a few years back and DelFrisco's is by far the best steakhouse I found in Dallas which is saying a lot!! You have the local steak houses in Dallas that are close (III Forks, Bob's Steak and Chop House, Pappas Bros., etc.) but I still preferred DelFrisco's. I'm going to have to make the trip into Boston and soon!

8gv 06-12-2019 10:34 PM

Awesome O's

There is another O thread on here but it is about a fire they had a while back so I'll bring this one back from the dead.

Wifey and I enjoyed a great meal at O Monday night.

It was our 41st wedding anniversary.

On number 39 we went to O and were quite pleased which caused us to commit to making it our anniversary place forever.

A few months later we went to O with another couple and we all enjoyed it very much.

Somehow we missed O for our 40th and this recent visit has us back on track.

Wifey had the swordfish which she loved a little too much as I got none of it!

I had their sirloin and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great!

The prices are at the higher side of our restaurant spectrum but we have paid more for inferior food elsewhere.

O seems to please every time.

We will see them again next year!

Reilly 06-13-2019 03:21 AM

Same Same

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 313329)
There is another O thread on here but it is about a fire they had a while back so I'll bring this one back from the dead.

Wifey and I enjoyed a great meal at O Monday night.

It was our 41st wedding anniversary.

On number 39 we went to O and were quite pleased which caused us to commit to making it our anniversary place forever.

A few months later we went to O with another couple and we all enjoyed it very much.

Somehow we missed O for our 40th and this recent visit has us back on track.

Wifey had the swordfish which she loved a little too much as I got none of it!

I had their sirloin and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great!

The prices are at the higher side of our restaurant spectrum but we have paid more for inferior food elsewhere.

O seems to please every time.

We will see them again next year!

This was Funny Wife & i went Thurs nite for our 44th exact same meals ,exact same out come, also went home to English springers ,