Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Boat fire and explosion, near Weirs channel (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24787)

Wifi-1 07-27-2019 03:05 PM

Boat fire and explosion, near Weirs channel

Reports of people in the water, visible on channel cam

http://lakesregionwireless.net/BFE.jpg

webmaster 07-27-2019 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I noticed lots of extra activity over at the Pier's gas dock including a fire and police officer and the boats in the background are really backed up:

jazzman 07-27-2019 04:31 PM

Odd that the fire was in the bow. Almost like something stored in a forward locker caught on fire.

Ryan 07-27-2019 06:03 PM

We heard the explosion as we were just about out of the channel. Had a pretty good vantage point as it slowly drifted towards the mount.

The fire was originally in the stern. The bow flared up after the original flames were extinguished by 4 or 5 jet skis spraying.

I have some good photos when I’m not on my mobile.

GTO 07-27-2019 07:29 PM

Not good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 316195)
We heard the explosion as we were just about out of the channel. Had a pretty good vantage point as it slowly drifted towards the mount.

The fire was originally in the stern. The bow flared up after the original flames were extinguished by 4 or 5 jet skis spraying.

I have some good photos when I’m not on my mobile.

Fireactually started at the gas dock at east coast flightcraft. People had to jump from the boat into the water. It caught on in the back of the boat and spread quickly. Luckily somebody towed it away from the dock into open. Water using a jet ski. Crew from the Mt Washington were trying to put it out with the hoses they have on board. I have just seen some unbelievable video of it all. We went over when we sawthe smoke and took a few videos and pictures

Hillcountry 07-27-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 316201)
Fireactually started at the gas dock at east coast flightcraft. People had to jump from the boat into the water. It caught on in the back of the boat and spread quickly. Luckily somebody towed it away from the dock into open. Water using a jet ski. Crew from the Mt Washington were trying to put it out with the hoses they have on board. I have just seen some unbelievable video of it all. We went over when we sawthe smoke and took a few videos and pictures

Where is this video please?

GTO 07-27-2019 08:26 PM

Check out ch 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 316203)
Where is this video please?

Check out ch 7 news tonight. We just saw it on the 9pm coverage. They showed our video we sent in and them some even better video from aboard the Mt and they interview the Mts captain. The video of the jet ski towing the boat on fire was also on there.

joey2665 07-27-2019 08:30 PM

Boat fire and explosion, near Weirs channel

So from video from Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/brie.lynne....2397716710093/

https://www.facebook.com/brie.lynne....2397714495093/

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 07-27-2019 09:01 PM

Wow! Intense situation! Fast acting jet skiers to the rescue!

Top-Water 07-28-2019 06:12 AM

WMUR Video

<iframe width="875" height="492" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/saYiWq6YvtA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MAXUM 07-28-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 316214)
Wow! Intense situation! Fast acting jet skiers to the rescue!

No kidding what they did saved that fire from getting a lot worse - and quite dangerous as well. Glad nobody was hurt.

Speaking of fires there was something up on East Bear last night, three fire boats and MP responded just after dark, they came ripping by my place lights flashing. Could not tell what was going on after taking a boat ride down that way but there was a big response to whatever it was. Didn't see anything fire wise and they weren't there to long.

webmaster 07-28-2019 07:05 AM

The webcam overlooking the Flightcraft gas dock should have captured the whole event but the Youtube archive of that time period is still "processing". As soon as I get access to that footage I'll post the video.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=UCSNdlmLyNKZ3B1nLwLUJ84Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KTO 07-29-2019 01:37 AM

7News in Boston

https://whdh.com/news/crews-battle-b...winnipesaukee/

Major 07-30-2019 04:15 PM

Same Guy

I just read that it's the same guy who had his boat stolen last year and it was sunk on purpose. I couldn't find the thread, but I know one exists.

Interesting, the guy was complaining about it not being insured when it was stolen and sunk, and now it catches on fire. Either the guy has extremely bad luck or something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

FlyingScot 07-30-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 316449)
I just read that it's the same guy who had his boat stolen last year and it was sunk on purpose. I couldn't find the thread, but I know one exists.

Interesting, the guy was complaining about it not being insured when it was stolen and sunk, and now it catches on fire. Either the guy has extremely bad luck or something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

I'm going with #2

tis 07-30-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 316449)

It WAS the same guy.

Woodsy 07-30-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 316452)
I'm going with #2

Really? You honestly think the guy put himself and his family in harms way (via explosion) for a few grand in insurance money? Somebody could have easily been killed, his daughter was blown off the boat and he got a broken rib.

The boat wasn't worth enough to possibly catch a murder charge for killing your kid or anyone else in your family or even innocent bystanders.

Woodsy

Major 07-30-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 316456)
Really? You honestly think the guy put himself and his family in harms way (via explosion) for a few grand in insurance money? Somebody could have easily been killed, his daughter was blown off the boat and he got a broken rib.

The boat wasn't worth enough to possibly catch a murder charge for killing your kid or anyone else in your family or even innocent bystanders.

Woodsy

Woodsy. I agree but the guy came off as being less than stable in the first instance. After representing hundreds of soldiers during my military career I’m a natural skeptic when situations like this arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingScot 07-31-2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 316456)

Woodsy

No, of course I do not think he blew up his own boat with people on board. I think the person who stole and sank his boat last year sabotaged his boat this year.

webmaster 07-31-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 316244)
The webcam overlooking the Flightcraft gas dock should have captured the whole event but the Youtube archive of that time period is still "processing". As soon as I get access to that footage I'll post the video.

I just wanted to post an update for anyone waiting for the webcam video.

When you stream live to Youtube it creates separate archive videos of past timeframes. It starts a new video whenever the live stream is interrupted and continues until the next interruption. Sometimes the videos are very short and sometimes they can be as long as a month or more.

The video segment that contains the fire video is over 3 weeks long. It takes about a minute for Youtube to process a minute of video so processing that segment could take several weeks.

I will keep monitoring it and as soon as I have access to the processed video I'll edit it and post the video of the entire incident.

B-Laps 08-26-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 316499)
I just wanted to post an update for anyone waiting for the webcam video.

When you stream live to Youtube it creates separate archive videos of past timeframes. It starts a new video whenever the live stream is interrupted and continues until the next interruption. Sometimes the videos are very short and sometimes they can be as long as a month or more.

The video segment that contains the fire video is over 3 weeks long. It takes about a minute for Youtube to process a minute of video so processing that segment could take several weeks.

I will keep monitoring it and as soon as I have access to the processed video I'll edit it and post the video of the entire incident.

Any updates on the video processing?

Patofnaud 08-28-2019 06:06 AM

IMHO, sounds more like a case of the sunken boat last year, corrosion in electrical system problem this year starting a fire. :(

I had a Jet Ski that got semi sunk, a year later I was chasing non-stop electric problems. Its sat now for years near my garage, I gave up.

FlyingScot 08-28-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patofnaud (Post 318463)
IMHO, sounds more like a case of the sunken boat last year, corrosion in electrical system problem this year starting a fire. :(

I had a Jet Ski that got semi sunk, a year later I was chasing non-stop electric problems. Its sat now for years near my garage, I gave up.

Yes, I like that theory. Similar to mine in that it connects the events, but less outlandish in that it does not require a psychopath.

Never forget to run that blower