Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wolfeboro 4th of July Parade (2014) (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17820)

NHKathy 07-01-2014 03:14 PM

Wolfeboro 4th of July Parade (2014)

With Arthur hanging off the east coast, if its raining Fri AM, will they postpone the parade to Saturday or Sunday? Not sure what the normal procedure was...

jazzman 07-01-2014 08:50 PM

You gotta love The Weather Channel...

"Thunderstorm Irene forced Hunter Richards of Wolfeboro to spend 16 hours inside playing Call of Duty where over 200 soldiers of unknown nations were killed... Stay tuned for the latest update on the hour"

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I'm pretty sure tropical storm Arthur won't survive the 60 degree ocean temps to cause much havoc up here.

Of course it could always rain on Friday...

NHKathy 07-02-2014 09:55 AM

yeah, i'm most concerned about rain... I am not thinking we will get much from this storm either.... :rolleye2: (and yes the weather channel is full of drama! LOL)
here in RI, they say we may have some heavy rain on Friday, but we are closer to the storm of course...
I just don't want to head up there tomorrow (so we are there for the parade Fri AM) only to have it rain Fri AM - as I will not want to sit in the rain to watch the parade... if that's the case, I would rather just head up on Friday and then enjoy the weekend, which looks nicer. maybe I will take Monday off instead of tomorrow...
I was just hoping to still see the parade & maybe it would be moved to Sat :)

tis 07-02-2014 11:46 AM

Kathy, they really do not like to call the parade off. I do believe I remember that they did cancel it once. I don't think a few showers will make them cancel, but a downpour might?

NHKathy 07-02-2014 12:02 PM

thanks tis
I have come to the conclusion that if we drive up & head to the parade Fri, it will rain and if we stay home & wait till Saturday, then it will not rain for the parade
:rolleye1:

tis 07-02-2014 12:16 PM

That seems to be the way things go, doesn't it?

Descant 07-02-2014 07:59 PM

Rain?

Last time we were in Disney World and it rained, everybody bought a $3 Mickey Mouse poncho and pretended it was sunny. The parade in Merrimack (1:00 pm) is still scheduled. See that parade and continue to Wolfeboro later in the day. Stop at the Budweiser and Able Ebenezer breweries while you're in town. Then let somebody else drive. (Free samples at both). The Rotary Club in Merrimack puts on a great "Family Fun Day" after the parade. More info at www.Merrimack4th.com

tis 07-03-2014 06:46 PM

The word is that the parade in Wolfeboro has been postponed until Sat at 10. So far, no word on the fireworks.

pcmc 07-03-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 228121)
The word is that the parade in Wolfeboro has been postponed until Sat at 10. So far, no word on the fireworks.

Is this official or speculation?

CateP 07-03-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcmc (Post 228130)

OFFICIAL.

Wolfeboro July 4th Parade will be at 10 a.m. on July 5th.

NHKathy 07-03-2014 09:15 PM

Oh so glad i don't have to leave my house here in RI at 6:30 am in order to get there!! yay, we will drive up tomorrow & be able to go saturday :)
Thank you for the updates TIS & Cate!

tis 07-04-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcmc (Post 228130)

Now would I have posted it if it was speculation????

Rusty 07-04-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 228153)

I don't know, would you?

pcmc 07-04-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 228153)

Please don't go there. I'm not sure if your serious or not. My comment is completely neutral. The small part of your post mentioned 'The word is', I didn't know if it was the town's word, or maybe you enjoyed a meal out and talk amongst diners was, "They'll probably postpone." That's all.
I appreciate the 'official' reply.(CateP.)
Sorry if your a somebody and me only know people in low places.:):)