Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is Your Metrocast back? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22738)

bostique 10-31-2017 08:32 AM

Is Your Metrocast back?

Curious to know who has their Metrocast service back? We got electric power restored last (Monday) night but as of Tues morning our Metrocast cable, phone and internet is still down. I'm on Meredith Neck ... would like to know who has service in their area. After talking to Metrocast customer service, it sounds like the majority of their customers are without service and they have no clue when service will be restored.
Either way ... hats off to the electric crews! They have a tough job and really work hard working through an awful lot of downed lines and blown transformers.

MRD 10-31-2017 08:55 AM

We are at Cattle Landing and have metro cast since Monday morning.

Tackleman 10-31-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostique (Post 287176)
Curious to know who has their Metrocast service back? We got electric power restored last (Monday) night but as of Tues morning our Metrocast cable, phone and internet is still down. I'm on Meredith Neck ... would like to know who has service in their area. After talking to Metrocast customer service, it sounds like the majority of their customers are without service and they have no clue when service will be restored.
Either way ... hats off to the electric crews! They have a tough job and really work hard working through an awful lot of downed lines and blown transformers.

We live in Alton and still don't have power or cable and they can't tell us when power will be re-stored. Err.

BroadHopper 10-31-2017 01:56 PM

Back after 36 hrs outage

I have high speed turbo and always complain the average speed is around 20. After the outage it is now around 35 mbps. Hopefully it will stay that way!

TriDad 10-31-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostique (Post 287176)

Metrocast back in Gilford

bostique 10-31-2017 03:50 PM

Metrocast back working

Just to update my original post ... my Metrocast service is now functioning out here on Meredith Neck. Came back on between 2PM & 4PM today (Tues) while I was out. Hoping everyone gets their electric and cable services back on soon.

RumGuy 10-31-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 287205)
I have high speed turbo and always complain the average speed is around 20. After the outage it is now around 35 mbps. Hopefully it will stay that way!

It could be that there are only a dozen or so people with cable right now, you being one....:)

jeffk 10-31-2017 07:27 PM

No power, no Metrocast in Center Harbor, Tuesday night.

harlybuddy 10-31-2017 07:39 PM

I'm in Gilford and still no power or metrocast. They are now telling me should be back up by Friday morning. Just received this email from eversource

Quote:

Hello,

Eversource expects power to be substantially restored to all customers impacted by Sunday night’s storm by no later than Friday morning. Many customers could have power restored sooner. The storm caused significant damage to poles, wires, and equipment, but with hundreds of crews from throughout the Northeast and Canada working around the clock, we continue to make great progress and have restored power to more than 220,000 customers since the storm began.

Please remember that if you see a downed power line, always assume it’s live and energized. Do not go near or drive over the line. And, if you are using a back-up generator, please be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.

Stay safe, and thank you for your patience!

Sincerely,

Your Eversource Customer Care Team

Copyright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDoug 11-01-2017 05:28 AM

Power/Metrocast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRD (Post 287181)
We are at Cattle Landing and have metro cast since Monday morning.

Any word on power restoration for Bear Island?

smith point boater 11-01-2017 06:15 AM

West Alton

Power and Metrocast came back on line sometime between 11PM and 2 AM - All good now. Hope all others are powered up too

jacka82942 11-01-2017 06:15 AM

never lost

lake ridge meredith

ishoot308 11-01-2017 07:24 AM

Gilford

My Metrocast in Gilford came up sometime last night...

Dan

Tackleman 11-01-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 287225)
My Metrocast in Gilford came up sometime last night...

Dan

Mine in Alton came up this am and power also. Yahoo!

jeffk 11-01-2017 01:59 PM

Power and Metrocast back on at 11 this morning (Center Harbor).

Phantom 11-01-2017 03:37 PM

Power & Metrocast came back on in Gilford ......... in the area of Mountain View Yacht Club